Author Topic: Two suggestions  (Read 1348 times)

Offline Wobblin-Goblin

• Zinc Member
Two suggestions
« on: December 24, 2022, 10:25:34 PM »
1. Make radar more important. If possible, I'd suggest that losing radar also means vehicle dar box goes away, too. To counter that, you could add four more auto AA guns (one at each corner of the radar tower) to help protect it a little better.

2. Please, for the love of all that is holy, put a time delay on people who switch sides. I am really sick and tired of fighting against guys and then in the same battle they're on your side, and vice versa. A 30 minute delay would be great, but please go with at least a 15 minute delay. Please. This double agent crap really, really sucks.

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
Re: Two suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2022, 05:21:32 AM »
What do you mean by 30 min delay?
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2022, 05:28:01 AM »
There is a auto switch function to move to the team with the lowest #'s. I think it's a great addition to the game as it helps to balance the ENY. Otherwise there is like a 6 hour delay to switch  I for one always fight for the team I am flying for. :old:

The radar idea might be cool    :cheers:
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Wobblin-Goblin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2022, 06:09:01 AM »
There is a auto switch function to move to the team with the lowest #'s. I think it's a great addition to the game as it helps to balance the ENY. Otherwise there is like a 6 hour delay to switch  I for one always fight for the team I am flying for. :old:

The radar idea might be cool    :cheers:
I played AH II, but that was almost ten years ago now, so I am new to AH III and any changes since back then. I don't know anything about "mercenaries" or if that plays a part of what I'm experiencing with the game, but I really dislike fighting against players in a battle...and then *poof* they are on my team for a little bit...and then *poof* I am back to fighting them again. In my eyes, it's spying and double agent stuff and I hate it. They pop over to my side long enough to see what we're doing and where we are...then they pop back over to their original side again.

I can't be the only person who is bothered by this.

Also, back to the radar idea, it seems to me that it's pretty easy to take out and it's loss is rather minimal in the grand scheme of things. If you tied the vehicle dar box to the radar tower, then losing the tower would be a pretty big deal. To counter that importance, adding an anti-aircraft gun at each corner of the tower would help protect it a little better.

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2022, 07:19:25 AM »
I played AH II, but that was almost ten years ago now, so I am new to AH III and any changes since back then. I don't know anything about "mercenaries" or if that plays a part of what I'm experiencing with the game, but I really dislike fighting against players in a battle...and then *poof* they are on my team for a little bit...and then *poof* I am back to fighting them again. In my eyes, it's spying and double agent stuff and I hate it. They pop over to my side long enough to see what we're doing and where we are...then they pop back over to their original side again.

\

Its a mechanism to keep sides somewhat even. There's an even bigger issue of countries being hideously lopsided because of chess piece loyalty.
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2022, 07:37:14 AM »
I absolutely get what you mean about fighting the guys that you just flew with. But as someone that mainly fly's on the EU timezone I can't stress enough how much of a difference it makes. If you think ENY is crazy now with low numbers than you have not experienced how it was without the feature with low numbers. Without this feature and with low numbers it happened a lot that there where just no fight around and when you switched for a fight you got locked in the wrong team. If 3 -4 guys log it shifts the balance of the game in such an drastic way that I would log 2. Since this feature I can't believe all the fights I am having.
DutchVII / ULDutch
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2022, 07:41:16 AM »
Oh and I am very happy you came back to this great game. I hope to fly with or against you soon. Welcome back sir  :salute <$>
DutchVII / ULDutch

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2022, 07:50:52 AM »

You have to sign up to be a mercenary. If you bring up the roster those that are are highlighted in red, and normally there are very few that do it. As for Spying, I doubt that it is used that way very much because you have no control over when you change teams, nor which team you jump to. The vast majority of those that are "mercenaries" are the fighter jocks looking for fights and they couldnt care less about the war and spying.

Also, back to the radar idea, it seems to me that it's pretty easy to take out and it's loss is rather minimal in the grand scheme of things. If you tied the vehicle dar box to the radar tower, then losing the tower would be a pretty big deal. To counter that importance, adding an anti-aircraft gun at each corner of the tower would help protect it a little better.

I dont think you'll ever see the GV dar being tied to radar. The GV dar was put in to let players know where there are GV fights. After all it has no ties to real live as radar didnt have that much effect on ground battles, it is strictly a game function. Removing an aid to players looking for GV fights isnt going to happen.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2022, 08:02:43 AM »
Most of the auto assign players are not spy or cheats

They are there to make the game better...I  used to do it but realized staying knight accomplished the same thing most nights

Please control your MA paranoia lol

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2022, 09:31:01 AM »
Auto-switch players are highlighted in Green in the Roster.

Taking away GV dar when the radar tower goes down would accomplish the opposite of what you want, it would become targeted more often.

+1 to your idea of making radar more difficult to take down, imo furballers would appreciate that, although bomber pilots will not.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2022, 01:16:57 PM »
To summarize:

If you choose to switch teams, you must stay on that team for six hours before you can switch again.  -or-
You can choose to auto-switch.  In auto switch mode you are automatically switched to the side with the lowest numbers whenever you start a new sortie.  Auto-switch is why you are seeing people switching teams back and forth. 

Auto-switch is a good way to keep the sides balanced.  But with all things there are some people who will abuse the system, no matter what you do.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2022, 03:52:45 PM »
Well the threshold of the switch is like 2 players,  If it were raised to something like 5 or 7, I think it would work well for the game, guys looking for a fight, and guys worried about spiezzzzz.  Basically you might run into fighting against the guy you were flying with wayyy less than now.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2022, 04:20:40 PM »
Well the threshold of the switch is like 2 players,  If it were raised to something like 5 or 7, I think it would work well for the game, guys looking for a fight, and guys worried about spiezzzzz.  Basically you might run into fighting against the guy you were flying with wayyy less than now.

I miss winging with ya.   Spiez!! :noid
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2022, 04:34:56 PM »
I miss winging with ya.   Spiez!! :noid

K!  MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Hope all is well. :cheers:

Offline Wobblin-Goblin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2022, 04:56:28 PM »
My idea about the radar tower being linked to the GV dar box is all about making the radar tower MORE important to defend than it is now. To help protect it, I thought an additional four AA guns around it would be a significant upgrade in its defense. On top of that, I think teams would deploy wirbs on base defense more, too, to help protect the tower.

GVers would GV more and attack aircraft would attack more if this change were to be made, because nobody would want to lose that tower. As it is now, losing the tower is kind of like, "Aw shucks" and the game just goes on.

It would make that radar tower a truly valuable resource.