Author Topic: Screen keeps going dim  (Read 398 times)

Offline f35raptor

• Copper Member
Screen keeps going dim
« on: December 27, 2022, 12:35:15 AM »
Screen keeps dimming while in game. The main menu looks good and doesn't dime but when I load the game it will slow dim. It does the same if I hit the windows key and load back into the game. Screen will be nice and bright but 5 secs latter Screen dims out. Playing on a 55inch TV use to play on this befoe and never had issues with dimming.
Thanks for the help boomhaur

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Screen keeps going dim
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 01:36:50 AM »
So the screen stays bright while in Windows and in the main menu? And it doesn't dim if you leave your Windows desktop untouched for a while, or if you watch a full screen YouTube video?

My guess is either some sort of an energy saving or a lightness adapting feature, both of which should be adjustable through the buttons of the monitor. Hard to tell since you didn't tell the brand and model of your monitor.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline f35raptor

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2022, 02:49:37 AM »
So when I open the game main menu it's fine bright doesn't dim. When I load the game it dims out. I have gone threw all the display settings that I could see and think of turning off snd its the same thing. Load main menu screen is fine as soon as I load into the game in the tower it dims out after about 5 secs. I left my PC on with explorer and it never dimmed and I did load YouTube up and watched and it didn't dim out. I'm just using a 55 in Samsung TV screen not sure what other info you need I can provide more but not sure what to put.

Offline f35raptor

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2022, 03:07:33 AM »
I fixed it I re read your post I never went into my TV screen I forgot I could do that went threw the options there turned off a few things and the dimming went a way.

Thanks problem solved

Boomhaur

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2022, 03:08:51 AM »
Alright, on any screen there's either a sticker or a printed rectangle where you can find e.g. the exact model.

For some Samsungs you can even find it through the menus:https://www.samsung.com/pk/support/tv-audio-video/how-can-we-find-the-serial-number-and-model-of-samsung-tv/

[edit] Glad you got it fixed!  :aok [/edit]
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni