Author Topic: Spy ballons.  (Read 6624 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: Spy ballons.
« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2023, 03:01:00 PM »
The government got some cool pics before they shot it down.

https://imgur.com/gallery/wzl9SNs
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2023, 03:02:16 PM »
Let me simplify it for you so you don't have to squirm so hard.

No, you don't have any evidence there were weapons on board that balloon.

You tried every other way to phrase it than that.

Work it out in your mind however you need to, chief. 
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2023, 03:03:55 PM »
Work it out in your mind however you need to, chief.

Avoid admitting you were talking out your kazoo however you need to, Sparky.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2023, 03:04:39 PM »
F-22 was at 58K feet.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2023, 03:04:52 PM »
If by spin you mean reality then sure.

Rock on!

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2023, 03:05:17 PM »
Let me simplify it for you so you don't have to squirm so hard.

No, you don't have any evidence there were weapons on board that balloon.

You tried every other way to phrase it than that.

To be fair, you do not have any idea if it carried any kind of weapon either, but you had no problem allowing it to fly across the entire United States. I don't think that's a wise approach at all.

You cannot guess about what is on a balloon with such a massive payload. The sensible thing to do would gave been to shoot it down. Sooner rather than later.

Reports are saying that we tracked this before it even entered US airspace. it flew over very remote areas. When we finally did shoot it down, there was no debris field (apparently) since they simply "popped" the balloon and the whole thing fell down (apparently) in one piece.

I think the whole idea of doing nothing while it flew across the US shows more weakness than anything else.

We'll see.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2023, 03:06:11 PM »
Avoid admitting you were talking out your kazoo however you need to, Sparky.

Wow.

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #112 on: February 04, 2023, 03:10:13 PM »
To be fair, you do not have any idea if it carried any kind of weapon either, but you had no problem allowing it to fly across the entire United States. I don't think that's a wise approach at all.

You cannot guess about what is on a balloon with such a massive payload. The sensible thing to do would gave been to shoot it down. Sooner rather than later.

Reports are saying that we tracked this before it even entered US airspace. it flew over very remote areas. When we finally did shoot it down, there was no debris field (apparently) since they simply "popped" the balloon and the whole thing fell down (apparently) in one piece.

I think the whole idea of doing nothing while it flew across the US shows more weakness than anything else.

We'll see.

Stop, gg.  He's not going understand what you're saying.  I don't mean that as he has to agree with you either.  He literally is not going to understand your statement.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: February 04, 2023, 03:10:34 PM »

We'll see.

So just to be clear… you’re okay with the possibility of Americans dying over the ballon? The debris field was reported to be 7 miles wide. What if they did want us to shoot it down and it had something in it? But you don’t care because not having a knee jerk reaction seems weaker.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: February 04, 2023, 03:13:16 PM »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2023, 03:13:33 PM »
The government got some cool pics before they shot it down.

https://imgur.com/gallery/wzl9SNs

Heads up dad this will get a thread locked here and you silenced

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2023, 03:17:35 PM »
So just to be clear… you’re okay with the possibility of Americans dying over the ballon? The debris field was reported to be 7 miles wide. What if they did want us to shoot it down and it had something in it? But you don’t care because not having a knee jerk reaction seems weaker.

Or this could have been done before it made it over the lower 48?  That's assuming we were concerned about a debris field.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2023, 03:17:52 PM »
It think it’s time to put this one to bed anyway!  :D

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2023, 03:27:14 PM »
I N :bolt:

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2023, 03:31:00 PM »
I N :bolt:

THIS IS NOT AN AIRPORT.   THERE IS NO NEED FOR YOU TO ANNOUNCE YOUR ARRIVAL.

;)