Author Topic: Ukraine War Thread  (Read 7496 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Ukraine War Thread
« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2023, 10:38:10 AM »
You guys are doing the same thing that locks every other thread on UA instead of putting you big boy pants on for the benefit of everyone else.

sorry man but you also doing that yourself

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2023, 10:38:47 AM »

Russell Brand?  Seriously?  Russell Brand?

That's your expert on geopolitics?  LoL.  That's cute.

Russell is brilliant.  Instead of an offhand dismissal maybe watch a few of his videos.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2023, 10:41:31 AM »

What is the actual difference if he did?

Boots on the ground immediately?

Wow.  You are soooo out to lunch.   

Perhaps you are not aware, Jane, but the US is treaty bound to defend any attack on NATO countries with the immediate and direct intervention of US troops.  We have had that pledged obligation, by signed treaty, since 1949.  If putin attacks a NATO country we have no choice.

That is why it is vital to stop putin before he attacks a NATO country.  If he is not stopped in Ukraine, he will only be emboldened.  He will be so much closer to his ultimate goal, there is no way he would stop then. 

Yes, even though his military has proven to be incompetent, he still believes he has one advantage over the West.  He believes his advantage is a higher tolerance for loss of life.  He doesn't care about the hundreds of thousands of russian lives he wastes any more than the hundreds of thousands of civilian lives he has wasted in countries like Chechnya, Georgia, Crimea.

He hopes he can drown the West in enough blood on both sides that the hand wringing "Useful Idiots" in the West to call for giving what ever he wants just to stop the killing.  Then he moves on to the next target.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 10:46:59 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2023, 11:05:19 AM »

"I seem to smell the stench of appeasement in the air." - Margaret Thatcher

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2023, 11:06:59 AM »
Exactly...boots on the ground

As he can't defeat the comic mr z and corrupt Ukraine do you think he would invade anywhere the war mongers can unleash a money making NATO adventure?

Ukraine is to our recession is what WW2 was to the great depression at a smaller but economy affecting results imo

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2023, 11:14:18 AM »
As he can't defeat the comic mr z and corrupt Ukraine do you think he would invade anywhere the war mongers can unleash a money making NATO adventure?

Yes.  For the same reason he thinks he can be ultimately win in Ukraine.  By flooding the zone with enough bodies to use up the ammo and grind down defenses with mountains of human flesh and by relying on the Fifth Column of Kremlin Janes and Useful Idiots in the West to rot out our resolve to resist from within.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 11:20:37 AM by CptTrips »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2023, 11:32:34 AM »
When are flying over and joining the Ukraine forces on the ground General CptTrips?

Hooking up with your boys here maybe - Azov Battalion?

They need your wit and strategic thinking to pull them through

Peace ✌️

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2023, 11:36:53 AM »
When are flying over and joining the Ukraine forces on the ground General CptTrips?

Out of arguments are you?

I accept your surrender.

When does your flight leave for Moscow, Jane?

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2023, 11:47:05 AM »
Great quality posts gents.  I'll look forward to reposting a new thread.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2023, 11:55:02 AM »
Hard to depoliticize a hard core political topic.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #160 on: February 14, 2023, 11:58:38 AM »
Hard to depoliticize a hard core political topic.

People lack the ability.  That is their choice but it is at everyones expense. 

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2023, 12:04:15 PM »
War reporting is political propaganda. Even those observing first hand are likely to be biased and of course can't see everything all the time.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2023, 12:08:59 PM »
Exactly...boots on the ground

Ukraine is to our recession is what WW2 was to the great depression at a smaller but economy affecting results imo

Eagler

as sad as it sounds they might take over the uncorrected putin might win, then perhaps planet of the apes.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2023, 12:11:34 PM »
War reporting is political propaganda. Even those observing first hand are likely to be biased and of course can't see everything all the time.

Can be political propaganda.  That is why looking at what is coming from both sides and then matched up against observable facts is the best way to understand a conflict.  If you read my thread on ICOM you will see that.  You don't have to be on one side or the other.  You don't have to overlook misdeeds on your "side" just because.  You also don't have to take everything one side says as fact and the other fiction.  That is how you let propaganda be used to manipulate your perspective.  You can see it in spades in this thread.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2023, 12:45:39 PM »

All part of the plan.

Of course russia denies there are any such plans to overthrow Moldova.

In other news, russia still claims there are "no such plans" to invade Ukraine.  The pictures of russian troops and tanks in Ukraine are all just deep-faked Western propaganda.  Fake news.