Author Topic: Ukraine War Thread  (Read 7635 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: Ukraine War Thread
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2023, 03:51:04 AM »
So many elephants in the room. I think I'll go and find a more peaceful room which smells better  :rofl
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2023, 05:56:08 AM »
So many elephants in the room. I think I'll go and find a more peaceful room which smells better  :rofl

Better than a bunch of Jacka$sE$  :rofl
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2023, 09:46:32 AM »

Using deodorant would solve that problem for you. ;)
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2023, 11:13:15 AM »
I quit trusting AP when they were in the same building with hamas terrorist.

Hard to trust any so called news site 100%.

It's funny how people actually trust a single source, like a news program, and will just assume what they are told is the truth - end of story.

My aunt who lived near me (recently passed) was a fan of 60 minutes. I would visit her often and I really hated getting into any kind of discussion with her involving the news or major events. She trusted what they said because they have "award winning investigative journalists"

« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 11:23:03 AM by -gg- »
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2023, 11:25:05 AM »
I don't think that a lot of news sources deliberately lie, but that they present "fluff" superficial stories that they don't really investigate. They present the side of a story that they themselves are told by aggregate sources.

Before modern times and the internet - news was put out "on the wire" for local news to regurgitate.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2023, 11:26:34 AM »
I don't think that a lot of news sources deliberately lie, but that they present "fluff" superficial stories that they don't really investigate. They present the side of a story that they themselves are told by aggregate sources.
You still here? I thought you closed the door on the way out.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2023, 12:20:17 PM »

Before modern times and the internet - news was put out "on the wire" for local news to regurgitate.

I learned back in the 80s that all news are only there to sell commercials and their agendas.  and everyone has an agenda including us.

just that simple.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2023, 12:38:42 PM »
The other problem I see is that news "shows" are blurred in with straight news. A lot of cable news "shows" are much more about opinion talk shows than actual news. They have news stories but the main point of the shows is to opine. Then people take that opinion as news - but only if it matches up with their preconceived ideas.

I don't watch any of that stuff. No Hannity, no Tucker. None of that. From either side.

Also, I also can't stand even 30 seconds of some of these late night shows. Especially Colbert. I swear, flipping through the channels and landing on Colbert at any given point in his show - it takes about 30 seconds or less before some kind of political BS is spewing from his mouth. I used to really like that guy and thought he was funny.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 12:44:17 PM by -gg- »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2023, 06:55:10 AM »
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2023, 07:19:35 AM »
That and this

Peace not war people!

Eagler
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 07:36:52 AM by Eagler »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2023, 08:12:21 AM »
The other problem I see is that news "shows" are blurred in with straight news. A lot of cable news "shows" are much more about opinion talk shows than actual news. They have news stories but the main point of the shows is to opine. Then people take that opinion as news - but only if it matches up with their preconceived ideas.

Almost all news is editorial content these days, both in print and TV. It's very rare to find a story about anything that just tells you the facts. Authors always find ways big and small to insert their own spin or opinion.  I wish we could get news that was just the facts. Sure it would be a bit boring to read, but at least it would be accurate.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2023, 09:02:00 AM »
Almost all news is editorial content these days, both in print and TV. It's very rare to find a story about anything that just tells you the facts. Authors always find ways big and small to insert their own spin or opinion.  I wish we could get news that was just the facts. Sure it would be a bit boring to read, but at least it would be accurate.

Reuters is your best bet.   But you can also have confidence also in NPR, BBS, AP, PBS - even the Christian Science Monitor is ranked high for factual content on low on bias.   Actually I've heard good things about CSM over the years, but the overtly religious name has always made me somewhat suspicious.   But that's my own bias showing  :o 

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2023, 09:06:00 AM »

editorial content is just somebody's opinion not facts. that's why I don't watch them. for example Hannity.

for example I got a kick off Dr Seuss and his canceled books. I did watch the editorial and so called experts, made me smile for weeks.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2023, 09:30:24 AM »
A smart person would join up in increments of four years in years like... 08, 12, 16, 20, 24, etc..

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2023, 09:38:37 AM »
Reuters is your best bet.   But you can also have confidence also in NPR, BBS, AP, PBS - even the Christian Science Monitor is ranked high for factual content on low on bias.   Actually I've heard good things about CSM over the years, but the overtly religious name has always made me somewhat suspicious.   But that's my own bias showing  :o

Reuters is pretty good. I like the way NPR tells stories over the radio, but they are definitely biased on many subjects.  I tend to find the same story across the spectrum of left, right, domestic, and foreign ,media outlets and decide for myself what the truth is. It's exhausting sometimes LOL
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety