Author Topic: My take after my return.  (Read 4282 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: My take after my return.
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2023, 07:44:54 AM »
I just sit in my 38J backwards. I used to ride my bike like that all over the neighborhood.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2023, 03:49:15 AM »
sorry for your loss. Glad to have you back, try VR definatelly. It breaths new life into an aging game.

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2023, 01:16:00 AM »
OM forgot to tell you.... I got a new walker with halos , digital horn, and a bell. Everyone at the store moves out of the way when I come shuffling through now.

So ya got a newer version of your blender  :bolt:
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2023, 08:50:16 PM »

You need a Three Wolf Moon t-shirt to complete the getup.

- oldman

:aok

And zebra pants!

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2023, 03:07:14 PM »
I just signed in for a minute. These big maps are a serious mistake. Now im sure nobody is going to listen to me but this game can't sustain these big maps anymore. I'd rather play 24/7 that small map we had yesterday and never play another map then rotate these big ones in.

The numbers simply aren't there.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2023, 04:06:49 PM »
I just signed in for a minute. These big maps are a serious mistake. Now im sure nobody is going to listen to me but this game can't sustain these big maps anymore. I'd rather play 24/7 that small map we had yesterday and never play another map then rotate these big ones in.

They work out ok during prime time. Most of the time. There has been a lot of recent good discussions about maps and eny if you want to do search it up.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2023, 11:19:50 AM »

We have been trying to get the map list edited to remove the largest map while putting the smaller ones in more often but have had zero response from hitech...you will have some to say to call the guy up and bug him but that's not what should be needed in a pay to play app imo

All the maps need at least one or two grids removed around the edges to concentrate the action imo

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2023, 03:05:37 PM »
We have been trying to get the map list edited to remove the largest map while putting the smaller ones in more often but have had zero response from hitech...you will have some to say to call the guy up and bug him but that's not what should be needed in a pay to play app imo

All the maps need at least one or two grids removed around the edges to concentrate the action imo

Eagler

Removing the grids around the edge is like building a new map, its not just a "clip".

As for calling Hitech, Id say it was a great idea, not to bug him, but to get an answer. He will more than likely tell you why he wont do it, or would consider it.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2023, 04:06:24 PM »
Why would he tell any one of us if we called him yet he won't answer all of us here by posting his response ??

So he is leaving it up to one of us to call him up personally
and then get the answers to our development questions then post his response back here for the rest of us to read?

WTH???

Sorry ain't my job nor should it be any other paying subs imo

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2023, 04:15:22 PM »
and then get the answers to our development questions then post his response back here for the rest of us to read?

You could be like Moses.   :rofl

« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 04:44:10 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2023, 04:25:29 PM »
Using Aces High and development in the same sentence.  :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2023, 05:54:19 PM »
Many people don’t play this game to find lots of action. Many play just go off and do stuff in their own.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2023, 06:42:38 PM »
Why would he tell any one of us if we called him yet he won't answer all of us here by posting his response ??

WTH???

Sorry ain't my job nor should it be any other paying subs imo

Eagler

LOL! OK, you just keep posting that same question here about the maps, after all its working out so well to get you an answer!  :rofl

I highly doubt Hitech spends anything but the minimal amount of his time reading the boards.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2023, 07:58:52 AM »
My guess is the last thing he wants is for us to call him up and bother him personally about this game

See where DCS is now multithreaded with improved frame rates..I didn't even have to call anyone, the news is on the net

Eagler

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2023, 09:25:55 PM »

Been "complaining" as they say, about it for a while now. Unfortunately the creator doesn't play the game enough to understand the gameplay during off hours and how it's boring when there is no streamline area to fight. Bombing or Jabo bases by yourself gets old after 2-3 sorties when it takes 10 minutes to climb out and get to the base twiddling your thumbs on the way. These smaller maps make the off hours much more enjoyable. BowlMA during off hours you might as well go stand outside or do something else cuz you ain't gonna find much to fight.

Unfortunately this slow gameplay has forced many of the fighters to go play faster games with more action per hour. I love this game to death because of the MA style, but absolutely hate logging into a huge map on a saturday afternoon and seeing no fights with tiny little dar bars with maybe one guy in the sector who may or may not engage or roll again if you shoot them or they just runaway ect. I'm not gonna roll for 1 kill. You can clearly see the #s higher on certain maps that draw streamline action. I'm not sure why it's so hard to just let a couple of maps go.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion