Author Topic: Do you collect militaria ?  (Read 423 times)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Do you collect militaria ?
« on: March 28, 2023, 03:15:00 PM »
I collect German helmets but this may be of interest. It came vetted from a transport pilot that was shot down in Italy. Came from the family. My paperwork is in boxes from my move. Its somewhere.... :D

nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Do you collect militaria ?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 03:56:40 PM »
I would lean toward Allied stuff.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 06:25:04 PM »
Nice nopoop!

I have a couple of allied and luftwaffe pieces

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023, 07:03:07 PM »
I have a bit from the Cold War.  :D
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2023, 07:06:59 PM »
I have a bit from the Cold War.  :D

I collect commie milsurp firearms as well, the collection branched off into other things through that mainly camouflage clothing.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2023, 05:13:52 AM »
Used to, but not any more. Nowadays quite a big collection of aviation books from WW 2 era and diecasts. Also some foamie rc-warbirds.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2023, 10:36:22 AM »
Tried to start a WW2 battle rifle collection several decades ago but life got in the way so I dropped the idea. I have never been one to collect items just to have them for display. I tend to just buy what I want to use rather than anything really collectible. I have nothing against collection, it just doesn't appeal to me personally.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2023, 08:34:07 AM »
My father-in-law was a 40mm bofors crew member with an anti-aircraft battalion assigned to protect 9th AF airfields.  He was at Y-29, home of the 352nd FG, when the Germans launched Operation Bodenplatte.  They did alot of shooting that day.  I have a beautiful WW2 German Helmet he brought back, amongst other things.  His Lugar and some daggers disappeared over the years before I joined the family.  His son tried to get the helmet back about 25 years ago, but he had sold all of the stuff he had and I was not going to let him sell it.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.