Author Topic: 3D issues (Apparently many have had this)  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Papaw

• Zinc Member
3D issues (Apparently many have had this)
« on: March 28, 2023, 07:18:31 AM »
I see a thread that has had no input for a while regarding the 3D loss of programming to the controls. I am experiencing this with a Quest 2 now. For a while, it seemed to work normally. I had to upgrade the motherboard and graphics card recently and that is when this all began. It works perfectly in 3D but the minute I switch to VR... Screen staggers for a brief time and then... everything disappears and I have to reprogram which usually does not work either. Once you get used to 3D it is tough to go back to the monitor as you know. If anyone found a resolution, I would appreciate the help. Thank you.
Clipp
Clipp
"The Last Clipper"

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: 3D issues (Apparently many have had this)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 09:25:21 AM »
I'm still trying to figure it out myself. What I've done is made a backup of all my stick settings - - once I get them all programmed! At least that way I can just copy/paste then back quickly. Still have to calibrate axii tho. VKB stick has 7 on it alone!

This problem has had me scratching my head for well over a year now. Admittedly, I do have a lot of controls! Stick, rudder, throttle, two quadrants, VR headset. But that's why the high powered hubs.

I've tried:

Moving my controls to another powered hub.

Did that again with different hubs.

Changed the ports they were plugged into.

Uninstalled the game and installed to a different drive.

Re-installed windows.

Updated all drivers as I regularly do anyway.

Updated BIOS.

Doesn't matter if set to defaults or not.

Doesn't matter if CPU is over clocked or not.

Doesn't matter if GPU is over clocked or under clocked, or not.

Doesn't matter if memory is over clocked or not.

Run memtest. Fine.

All benchmarks fine.

Thought maybe my PSU was going bad. It's a seasonic 750w. Was fine for the 2060 I had I'd think, but the problem persisted with that setup. Changed to an EVGA G6 1000w when I upgraded the GPU to a 3080. Nope. Same.

Thought maybe I have an electrical problem on the circuit. Changed all the receptacles on that run. Found one where someone prior put two pairs of wires on one set of terminals. That's why there's two dummy! Thought for sure that was it. Nope. Same.

I'm about out of ideas!

Direct line from the pole outside? JK!

edit:

I'd add that I believe this is related to the micro stutter issue in the DX11 version of the game that's been there as long as that .exe has been around. DX9 doesn't do it but there's no VR with DX9 so that's a no for me. I do get that stutter still, even with a higher end 3900X/3080 rig and it seems when this happens--I'll get a stutter. It's subtle. Nothing gets disconnected. Nothing shows in the events monitor. Nothing shows in USBDeview. I get a stutter and while it doesn't happen every time, some stutters seem to take my settings with it. More often than not it just sets my throttle and RPMs to half or idle. That's really convenient in the middle of a fight! About impossible to troubleshoot as I can't duplicate it or really catch it in the act. So random,

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 10:59:54 AM by Drano »
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 11:00:23 AM »
Check in device manager and make sure your usb ports aren’t allowed to shut down to conserve power by unchecking the box if checked under power management. Right click on each usb hub entry and click properties to access power management tab. Worth a check as mine were selected to conserve power.
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023, 11:35:26 AM »
Check in device manager and make sure your usb ports aren’t allowed to shut down to conserve power by unchecking the box if checked under power management. Right click on each usb hub entry and click properties to access power management tab. Worth a check as mine were selected to conserve power.

Thanks, that explained many mysterious discos while in some of my simulators.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2023, 01:32:43 PM »

Oh don't even get me started on that! I have of course done that too--many MANY times! Thanks to windows update which thinks what I really need is to save on power by shutting that stuff off so it resets them. Even tho I have an ultimate power package which has selective suspend shut off too! So annoying having to go check them over... and OVER!
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Papaw

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2023, 02:55:00 PM »
Drano, Sno et al... Thank you. Mine were also allowed to shut down.... I will have to see now. It seems to me since many different headsets experience the same issue, it must be hardware or a common VR glitch but some do not experience the issue at all so.... Filing this under things that make one go hmmm? I will go back and review the original posts on saving the programming so I can simply reinsert as Drano suggests but in my case the glitch is so pervasive... I wouldn't have time because it happens every time I get the controls loaded in VR. Again, thank you for taking the time to reply.
Clipp
Clipp
"The Last Clipper"

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2023, 05:20:45 PM »
Ever since I got windows update back in December Quest 2 has issues
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2023, 09:42:22 AM »
I have  lost mine twice. First time it happened I am not sure of the cause. Second time I was on runway adjusting a key command and I double tapped the left side of the Oculus Quest to use the pass through to look at the keyboard. After losing it again I was really frustrated.

Like many have done and previous posters mentioned I made a copy of both joystick and pedals and stuck them on desktop for any future fails to save a decent amount of time.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2023, 09:59:20 AM »
I have  lost mine twice. First time it happened I am not sure of the cause. Second time I was on runway adjusting a key command and I double tapped the left side of the Oculus Quest to use the pass through to look at the keyboard. After losing it again I was really frustrated.

Like many have done and previous posters mentioned I made a copy of both joystick and pedals and stuck them on desktop for any future fails to save a decent amount of time.

I use the peep hole above my nose to look at the keyboard. That and Stevie Wonder magic
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2023, 10:17:02 AM »
Knock on wood...

I have not experienced that with my original vive pro since using it starting in 2018

My weird issues have been audio drivers conflict or the proprietary usb going bad

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2023, 10:07:48 AM »
I use the peep hole above my nose to look at the keyboard. That and Stevie Wonder magic

Gave me an idea, display the key board in its real life position as an overlay . Need to think a bit on how to locate it.

HiTech

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2023, 10:31:41 AM »
If we could run in OpenXR, could point a web cam at the keyboard and display it as an overlay with open kneeboard.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2023, 10:51:39 AM »
Gave me an idea, display the key board in its real life position as an overlay . Need to think a bit on how to locate it.

HiTech

The vr keyboard that is there now works for me

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2023, 12:26:50 PM »
The vr keyboard that is there now works for me

Eagler

How quickly can you type a message while in VR?  I find the current keyboard useful, but it is point and click for each letter of a message individually, and thus is the slowest typing ever.  I only rarely responmd to text messages in VR because of this.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2023, 01:12:22 PM »
How quickly can you type a message while in VR?  I find the current keyboard useful, but it is point and click for each letter of a message individually, and thus is the slowest typing ever.  I only rarely responmd to text messages in VR because of this.

I don't need to say much in ma so it's usually just a <S>, gk or gf

Eagler