Author Topic: Suggestion to Dale  (Read 3307 times)

Offline Rebel28

• Copper Member
Suggestion to Dale
« on: April 03, 2023, 09:25:57 AM »
Extend the 2 week free trial to returning members who have been away for over a year. This offer could entice some past players to come back. It also could raise the number of players online.
4th Fighter Group
~ The Gunslingers ~

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Suggestion to Dale
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 12:24:42 PM »
I'm with you. Very tough to get players back who want to retry the game after their first 2 weeks. They might want to check out the game again only to have to pay $15 for only a month and it probably deters them away from trying it again.

There is a new custom FFA map that HazMat has put up which all should try as it would he great for new and returning players who want to hop into some quick fun action. I'm curious though how many players even see it because of the tabs at the top that hardly anyone recognizes.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 07:02:06 PM »
While it would be nice "hand out" it wouldn't do anything but hurt his bottom line. Every player who has ever played the game KNOWS what the game has to offer. A quick peek at the boards and you'll know nothing has changed in years so it is what it is.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 10:43:29 PM »
I keep hearing $15 per month complaint, as if it's a new mortgage. If someone can't afford $15 per month these days,...they probably shouldn't afford gaming gear. Better yet in a sim that makes you buy each of the few planes they have. I can save spare change and come up with $15. A friggin hamburger today cost $15 in most restaurants, and it only last 10 minutes. I might by 10 per month. Not trying to sound like a jerk/dweeb (even though I prolly am), but if someone can't afford $15, they have bigger financial issues then they thought and should tend to them. in the early 70s my weekly allowance was $20. lol <shrug>

NOW, that said,...I'm not fond of paying for a waitress that ignores my table.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 10:45:10 PM by Animl-AW »
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2023, 05:58:03 AM »
I keep hearing $15 per month complaint, as if it's a new mortgage. If someone can't afford $15 per month these days,...they probably shouldn't afford gaming gear. Better yet in a sim that makes you buy each of the few planes they have. I can save spare change and come up with $15. A friggin hamburger today cost $15 in most restaurants, and it only last 10 minutes. I might by 10 per month. Not trying to sound like a jerk/dweeb (even though I prolly am), but if someone can't afford $15, they have bigger financial issues then they thought and should tend to them. in the early 70s my weekly allowance was $20. lol <shrug>

NOW, that said,...I'm not fond of paying for a waitress that ignores my table.

This isn't 2006

Some people have multiple subscriptions to multiple things. This isn't the only game charging $15 a month for access.

And i would rather pay for the modules as I will get my moneys worth one hundred times over. It's not about the $15 anyway. I know a couple of players who stopped playing aces not because of the $15 a month but more because the gameplay sucks most days and there is way more fun to be had with a module.

I myself just play in FSO and I don't have a problem with that as the people I play with in FSO I would pay ten times what I am paying now to be able to game with them in there.
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2023, 07:44:28 AM »
Well, just because others pay multiple games, doesn’t  make AH expensive, their decisions do.

I think $15 is very cheap. To each their own, but what I see these other sims are not as fun as their graphic, if you’re used to AH MA.  I saw prices for one plane at $75 and the FM is questionable. Thats 5 months of AH for one plane.we pay $15 for 120 items, and frankly, from what I read, didn’t play, a bad day in AH is still more fun then their best day.

IMO, they play there for graphics, play here for fun. Not our problem they choose to pay for both.

Raising trial above 2 weeks is not a bad idea, newbies barely learn to fly decent in two weeks.

That said, I refer back to my last statement in my reply above. It won’t happen be ause HT doesn’t do anything but collect money for no servuce. I couldn’t even get an email answered, so good luck asking for anything else. Its just true, sad, but true. And thats what makes AH seem expensive. We have to call him to get him to pay attention at all?! Asking for anything seems moot.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 07:47:53 AM by Animl-AW »

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2023, 08:56:45 AM »
Well, just because others pay multiple games, doesn’t  make AH expensive, their decisions do.

I think $15 is very cheap. To each their own, but what I see these other sims are not as fun as their graphic, if you’re used to AH MA.  I saw prices for one plane at $75 and the FM is questionable. Thats 5 months of AH for one plane.we pay $15 for 120 items, and frankly, from what I read, didn’t play, a bad day in AH is still more fun then their best day.

It isn't the games that the subscriptions are for. Its Netflix, Paramount, Discord Nitro, Hulu

There are subs galore anymore.

And as far as your comments about $75 for one plane.

The 1st time you purchase something from them whatever is in your cart is 50% off

or you wait for a sale which happens quite often.

The gameplay cannot be matched. By any other game online right now. If you wanna find out, you want some smoke, then come and get you some  :aok

https://youtu.be/W2yhnT4xrMY
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2023, 09:05:02 AM »
One has to wonder... if it is so great, why are you over here?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2023, 09:12:34 AM »

IMO, they play there for graphics, play here for fun. Not our problem they choose to pay for both.

Raising trial above 2 weeks is not a bad idea, newbies barely learn to fly decent in two weeks.

That said, I refer back to my last statement in my reply above. It won’t happen be ause HT doesn’t do anything but collect money for no servuce. I couldn’t even get an email answered, so good luck asking for anything else. Its just true, sad, but true. And thats what makes AH seem expensive. We have to call him to get him to pay attention at all?! Asking for anything seems moot.

It's not that its expensive. It's the psychology behind it. On Steam for example, you have a gazillion games for free and others where you can buy the whole thing for a one time payment and come back to it whenever you want. Look at battfield and COD for example. Battlefield 4 is freaking amazing and I've only had to pay for it once. The fact that this is a niche game really makes it tough for people to want to spend $15 for a single month if they aren't truely interested and ready to invest their time in the game. You have to realize that while me and a few others absolutely love this game, not everyone does, and if they lose interest quickly, they may never come back because it's not worth $15 a month compared to other games. Even if they wanted to try the game again, it's tough to pay the $15 just to see if they like it again. Then you have the learning curve of the MA and time it takes to find a fight per death and that can make it tough to want to stick around. Unfortunately the majority want free games with quick action. There is no "feeder" arena of AH for people to get into quick battles. So from my perspective $15 seems like a lot for one month when they might only play it once just to see the gameplay again. For example, I downloaded the game Chivalry, it's a really cool game, cost me like $20. But I hardly play it very much, if I had to pay $15 for a month just to play it once or twice, I probably wouldn't because I'm not that passionate about it. That's merely my point.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2023, 09:13:43 AM »
hold up, wait, so it isn't 2$/hour anymore? Why didn't anyone tell me ? !!!!  :devil

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2023, 09:14:26 AM »

Animl,

I have a pet rock here.  I want to sell it to you for $15.  What?  You don't want a pet rock?  But dude, it's only $15.  $15 is nothing.  So buy my pet rock!  No?

If someone doesn't want a product, then having it at a low price doesn't necessarily make a difference.

You can tell everyone all you want about why YOU think it's worth $15.  That is irrelevant.  I don't mean that in a bad way.  It doesn't matter what I think either.  What matters is what the market thinks. 

What matters is what the 600 odd players that are not here anymore thought. 

What matters is what the 40,000 odd people who downloaded the Steam trial version and decided to take a pass, thought.

You can waste time throwing shade at other products, but that does put anymore subscriptions in here.  They are getting the sales.  AH is not.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2023, 09:16:18 AM »
hold up, wait, so it isn't 2$/hour anymore? Why didn't anyone tell me ? !!!!  :devil

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2023, 09:16:48 AM »
Does anyone know of any other subscription based game out there that has zero development?  I'd like to pop into their forum and see what they're talking about. 
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2023, 09:18:31 AM »
Does anyone know of any other subscription based game out there that has zero development?  I'd like to pop into their forum and see what they're talking about.

Really...  that would be interesting. Most are closed I imagine.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2023, 09:56:03 AM »

Animl,

I have a pet rock here.  I want to sell it to you for $15.  What?  You don't want a pet rock?  But dude, it's only $15.  $15 is nothing.  So buy my pet rock!  No?

If someone doesn't want a product, then having it at a low price doesn't necessarily make a difference.

You can tell everyone all you want about why YOU think it's worth $15.  That is irrelevant.  I don't mean that in a bad way.  It doesn't matter what I think either.  What matters is what the market thinks. 

What matters is what the 600 odd players that are not here anymore thought. 

What matters is what the 40,000 odd people who downloaded the Steam trial version and decided to take a pass, thought.

You can waste time throwing shade at other products, but that does put anymore subscriptions in here.  They are getting the sales.  AH is not.

I was waving a dbl edge razor. 

$15 is nothing, to tip a good waitress, its a bit high if they avoid your table.

I can spit $75 for a plane, but my affordability is not the point, I’m not buying better AC graphics or FM. If I want to fly all the planes and other hidden charges, its becoming a money pit.

The only thing thats really better is the terrain graphics and they aren’t using sprites for explosion and strike graphics.

Those two updates would put AH up there with the best. All the other graphics are pretty identical.l, but theirs are very heavy on a slower pc.

I don’t mind exposing other game pitfalls on AH boards. I don’t know how we can attract new players selling other products on our boards. Every game can and has been picked apart.

When AW was dying, it was very disturbing that people from AH were selling on our boards. But in the end it was for the best.

Frankly, if the game isn’t high adrenaline fun its not worth $5 >to me<.

I’m not trying to be offensive. I value your personal opinion.

People who know me, know I play the devils advocate. I try to bring peeps outside their thought bubble. Lets look at all the facts, not just what makes ones personal point.

Two things can be right.

>IMO< if those other games are so great, there would be no looking back.
Its not the same game play, and people are leaving those too. HTC doing nothing just exasperated it. Lot of folks who drifted to those games are coming back. The reality if that is, they become depressed that there us no movement here. They game is great, the no upgrades is not. I refer back to my statement above with those two updates. This game WANTS to pop again. But like my promo, one guy says no.

Your points are not unvalid.