Author Topic: That last 1.5 years  (Read 9651 times)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: That last 1.5 years
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2023, 10:42:43 AM »
Terrible news, Dale.

Wishing you and your family well in this troubling time.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2023, 02:47:05 PM »
Found out Friday my brothers cancer has returned and is inoperable.

Dale

My mother originally had cancer in 77. She survived comfortably with it flairing up a couple of times up till it came back with a vengeance in 2003. We lost her on Oct. 29th of that year.
Prayers for you and yours.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2023, 02:59:21 PM »
Lost my first wife when it came back..
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2023, 05:06:33 PM »
Another item for the prayer list Dale, praying for you daily my friend. Will add your brother to the list.  :pray
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2023, 05:26:11 PM »
keep the faith dale. my prayers are with you.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2023, 06:09:36 PM »
Very sorry to hear that.

I sent you a message in case of interest.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2023, 08:43:19 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear this Dale.

Death comes for us all sooner or later but that doesn't mean it's ever easy when the Reaper takes a loved one.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2023, 09:55:30 PM »
 :pray
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2023, 10:01:57 AM »
 :salute

:pray

Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2023, 07:37:31 PM »
Wow! And I thought I was on a bad streak. The most important thing is to take care of you! I'll keep you in my prayers.

My ex-wife used my kids as weapons as well. Eventually they figured it out. Once they had to deal with her, they even said if it's this bad for us what was it like for dad.

In October of 2021 I was trying to do a young man's job and got sick, then sicker. I ended up in the hospital with pneumonia and almost died. Five weeks after I was out of the hospital I told my doctor I don't feel like my old self. He said it takes a while to recover from a near death experience.

Then my best friend of 20 years passed away February 4, 2022 from breast cancer. Which is why my hair is so long these days. I'm hoping to donate it in her name. Then my kid's mom put herself in Hospice because she didn't want to go to dialysis anymore. I begged and pleaded with her not to do this. I cried and whined. She even had our grand kids on her bed. You couldn't reach her. I prayed every day several times for some answer and then I finally prayed for strength. Even with all the hell she put me through I loved her, she was the only one I ever loved. If someone told me this story I would say they were crazy and yet here I am. She died December 22, 2022. Her funeral was on the 28th. Then I was distraught and sick. I came down with COVID. After that, the worst cold ever and then a stomach virus which lingered on for over a month. At one point I was so down I quit my job. Work gave me such a wonderful break. They said take another week off and then make the decision. I was so thankful.

I'm doing much better these days but still miss my wife.

Please take care of yourself. I hope the operation goes well. Pray often and give thanks too.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2023, 03:18:19 PM »
Wow! And I thought I was on a bad streak. The most important thing is to take care of you! I'll keep you in my prayers.

My ex-wife used my kids as weapons as well. Eventually they figured it out. Once they had to deal with her, they even said if it's this bad for us what was it like for dad.

In October of 2021 I was trying to do a young man's job and got sick, then sicker. I ended up in the hospital with pneumonia and almost died. Five weeks after I was out of the hospital I told my doctor I don't feel like my old self. He said it takes a while to recover from a near death experience.

Then my best friend of 20 years passed away February 4, 2022 from breast cancer. Which is why my hair is so long these days. I'm hoping to donate it in her name. Then my kid's mom put herself in Hospice because she didn't want to go to dialysis anymore. I begged and pleaded with her not to do this. I cried and whined. She even had our grand kids on her bed. You couldn't reach her. I prayed every day several times for some answer and then I finally prayed for strength. Even with all the hell she put me through I loved her, she was the only one I ever loved. If someone told me this story I would say they were crazy and yet here I am. She died December 22, 2022. Her funeral was on the 28th. Then I was distraught and sick. I came down with COVID. After that, the worst cold ever and then a stomach virus which lingered on for over a month. At one point I was so down I quit my job. Work gave me such a wonderful break. They said take another week off and then make the decision. I was so thankful.

I'm doing much better these days but still miss my wife.

Please take care of yourself. I hope the operation goes well. Pray often and give thanks too.

Thanks for sharing,
I am not down anything like I used to be. The heart surgery and my brother seem small in comparison of what my wife put my kids and me threw.

Dale

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2023, 11:02:38 AM »
Lost my brother 26 and mother 51 when I was 30 in 1989...just 6 months apart

Time heals all wounds...eventually

My take is life is a sine wave...if you're up you are going to be down before long and gladly vise versa

Hope things get better sooner than later HT

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2023, 03:39:46 PM »
I offer you my sincerest apology having just read your post.  I have complained several times about your missing interaction with the game.  My apology would have been sooner, but it is not often I visit the forum.

I am so glad you had the courage to share your life's problems with us.  It had to be a bit painful.  I can only hope posted with some relief as well.

My son lost his daughter, and we lost our only Grandchild in the very same scenario as you described.  Painful enough as a grandparent, but even more painful for the affected parent.
Again, my sincerest apology, and best wishes for you and your family.

Offline DFATITAN

• Zinc Member
« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2023, 10:32:37 AM »
Best of luck Hitech. Been thru the tough divorce and kid thing, losing family and friends, and fighting the myriad of health issues age brings.  In the end we can only stand on the moral platform we build/live by and fight the good fight. 

We appreciate the dedication and hard work you've put into this game and for a lot of us, it's a big part of our lives and where our friends live (since the late 90's for me).  We squeak more than we should but appreciate it more than you know.

Keep us updated, we'll keep the good thoughts and prayers going for you.

>S<!!!
Titan
5" clay pigeon busting expert.

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2023, 02:42:08 PM »
 :salute
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."