Author Topic: Seeing a lot of new names  (Read 625 times)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Seeing a lot of new names
« on: April 07, 2023, 12:23:19 PM »
Also for some reason did most sorties in attack. Flew one or two as a fighter. My rank in fighters was 853.

Attempted to fight a higher 190 in my brew. He made 3 real poor passes on me. When I finally got co-alt he dove out. Had to be new. Didn't save the film to check his handle.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Re: Seeing a lot of new names
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2023, 01:09:26 PM »
While there are various reasons for many new or returning, it's odd that it's happening mostly in the same time frame with no ads at all. It's selling itself.
What ever the trigger is, it's welcome. IMO, The more older names appear, the more likely some want back in too. The more people playing = more people wanting to play.

Despite the fact that the WWII genre of players seems to be tapering off, the game can still pop a little more.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 03:01:33 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023, 06:40:38 AM »
I too would love to see 600 players online again, but between the steep learning curve and the majority of players in the game now with 15-20 years of experience. :bhead...well it's just hard to for a newb to stay excited and interested in the game IMO.
But, with that being said, I've never seen a game... ever, where the players are so willing to answer silly questions and bend over backwards to help a new guy out. There's not a week that goes by where I don't spread the word about how great this game is over on the World of Tanks forums. I'd like to think some of them have came over here and found a home.

This silly game and community is a hidden gem. If and when it ends, it'll be a sad day indeed.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 08:17:10 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2023, 04:57:16 PM »
I too would love to see 600 players online again, but between the steep learning curve and the majority of players in the game now with 15-20 years of experience. :bhead...well it's just hard to for a newb to stay excited and interested in the game IMO.
But, with that being said, I've never seen a game... ever, where the players are so willing to answer silly questions and bend over backwards to help a new guy out. There's not a week that goes by where I don't spread the word about how great this game is over on the World of Tanks forums. I'd like to think some of them have came over here and found a home.

This silly game and community is a hidden gem. If and when it ends, it'll be a sad day indeed.
I don't see this game "ending" anytime soon and neither does HiTech
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2023, 06:51:22 AM »
I said IF and as far as I know you have no idea what HiTech is thinking "merv"
Lighten up Francis

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2023, 07:22:23 AM »
I said IF and as far as I know you have no idea what HiTech is thinking "merv"
He recently posted what he is thinking.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2023, 07:54:06 AM »
Howdy uptown!

AH is worth a go in VR these days

With the right map with about 100 online at 9pm est it can still be a blast

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals