Author Topic: stick settings  (Read 1159 times)

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
stick settings
« on: May 12, 2023, 01:24:55 AM »
    Can one of you trainers give me just a little help?  I need to dial in a few settings.  I could meet you in the training arena.   Thanks

One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: stick settings
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 08:21:30 AM »
Which settings? Most options are personal preference. Is it a new stick?

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 09:33:58 AM »
Jac,

I値l be in the TA an hour before FSO,hit me up and I値l try to direct you in adjusting your settings.  If I知 not there right on the hour hang in there as I値l show up and we値l both make FSO!

That 10pm est for me.

<S>

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 09:58:30 AM »
I'm available this afternoon around one or two pacific time.  Let me know if that works for you, or you can meet up with Morf this evening.

:salute
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2023, 01:29:59 AM »
thanks  sorry was busy all day.   I got a new computer built and downloaded AH again some months back.  I replaced my old thrustmaster  T16000M with a new thrustmaster T16000M.  At first, I was constantly augering because of the Dont Move Your Controls So Rapidly.  So, I went in and just hit the calibrate axis button on the X,Y and Z axis which made it much better but I still get that warning and control lock up at high speeds where I never did before.  Unfortunately, My hard drive on my old computer failed so I couldn't look back.  Anyways, I did adjust the deadband a little but it still needs some tweaking.  My main issue is getting rid of the don't move your controls so rapidly.  Thanks

One-eye
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 01:32:47 AM by 1ijac »
"One-Eye"

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2023, 08:42:51 AM »
If I can be of any assistance let me know. I'm available in the afternoons (after 1400 pdt) all weekend. Just send me a PM and tell me when you would like to meet up.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2023, 08:50:15 AM »
Try adding some dampening to the pitch axis,if you use the twist rudder add some dampening to that axis as well.

Add a little dampening then test, if you still get the message add a little more. That would be moving the dampening slider up. You could try adjusting the sliders for scaling,this would be were the personal adjustments come in,ever person has their own preferences and every stick is slightly different in how they react.

Remember if you mess with the scaling sliders to enable scaling box, and be sure to click ok after any adjustments.

Hope this helps and I was waiting in the TA before FSO.

<S>

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2023, 10:19:16 PM »
Thanks fellas,   I'm going to fiddle with the deadband a bit more and see what happens.  I appreciate your input

Cheers  One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2023, 06:59:40 AM »
Moving the stick slower is something we all have to learn again after a break.

Deadband will not affect it. You want 0 or minimal deadband.

Damping will help but the best thing is moving the controls slower.

I usually recommend default scaling on pitch and rudder, it won't help with moving the controls too far too quickly but it can make small inputs easier.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2023, 08:47:46 AM »
Do powered usb hubs help prevent that controller message?

I think if you are flying normally you would not see it..

If you go crazy with your acm in a fight, you might get it regardless of how you try to remove it if you're jerking the stick and rudders around in unrealistic movements

Eagler

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2023, 01:53:38 AM »
Thanks for the help and input.  I'm trying a few things and I'll get there.  Really appreciate your responses
"One-Eye"

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2023, 09:19:06 AM »
One-eye, when you look at your controllers in the advanced tab are the lines under Raw, and Scaled steady or are they jittery? Iirc the T1600 uses Hall effect sensors instead of potentiometers so the input should be stable. A noisy signal can cause the "don't move controls so rapidly" message, but I wouldn't expect a noisy signal from Hall effect sensors.

If you would like to meet up in the TA at some time hit me up. I'm sure we can find a time that works for the both of us.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2023, 12:36:23 PM »
Another thing I like to do when I have problems with moving my controls too quickly is practice doing it on purpose to learn the limits. Remember rudder inputs count too. Try triggering the message in each axis separately as well as together, offline or in the TA. You can also film and look at your control inputs when it happens online.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2023, 05:41:13 PM »
I'm going to piggyback if you guys don't mind.  Been trying to get my setup right for a couple of weeks and it's just, not native, sooo... I screwed around and pasted files over and started getting the dreaded 'don't move so rapidly' message and figured that, with all my screwing around, I probably hosed a file.  At first people said it was probably a hardware fault but the stick, throttle, and pedals are all under a year old and barely used.  So I ripped AH off my machine and reinstalled and the message went bye bye.  Soo.. came up with a new game plan.  Get my stick settings right, play with it in 2D offline until things are relatively instinctual again.  THEN copy my VR files over and get used to my oculus (which VR IS the bomb by the way but you gotta crawl before you walk, and walk before you run, and all of that).  That said is there any place I can get a list of the commands I can map to a controller so I can make myself a schematic of stick, throttle, pedals?  I figure if I get all the commands down it's just a matter of time and application until things are instinctual again.

Thanks in advance

Dicho. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2023, 07:04:18 AM »
The KMP files in the settings folder have all the options you can map to your HOTAS. Start with flight.kmp. 

I like to start with a basic setup then add commands as I need them, just to make it easier to learn.