Author Topic: Aces High 3 - "Beating the War Drums" (2023)  (Read 5902 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Aces High 3 - "Beating the War Drums" (2023)
« on: May 15, 2023, 10:32:51 PM »
This is the edited version. 3-4 minutes of content was dropped from the first version. It's a bit disheartening to watch YouTube destroy quality, but it is what it is.

HD Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYKn1Eclw0k

Link works
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 11:59:19 PM by Animl-AW »
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Aces High 3 - "Beating the War Drums" (2023)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023, 05:14:29 AM »
I'll give my worthless opinion;

There are a number of scenes were the camera hangs too long before transitioning, it's making the viewing pretty dull, also If I were you I'd do some more condensing and bring the film to the 5min mark. You're trying to sell AcesHigh, the action should be dramatic and exiting. It's got to make me feel like I want to pick up and try AcesHigh or engage my curiosity. More dynamic movements with the cameras would go along way to help with that, there's way too much static cam watching at planes startup. Plus focus in on all the newer AH3 3D models we're doing marketing here, "gotta show the game is it's best light".
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2023, 05:30:03 AM »
It is what it is. I’m not into marketing, every video is marketing. Don’t watch it. Its not changing no natter what you say. Its not a flash ad, its a movie. Make your own. This was expected. Its different on purpose. This is why I didn’t use your clips, you’d be forcing me to hack it up to YOUR liking “ir else”. Too much trouble. It stays as is.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 05:46:13 AM by Animl-AW »

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2023, 07:46:45 AM »
I think this version is much better. Glad you cut out the final 3 minutes from that earlier video as this seems more intense and more inline with the mood of the video. I really enjoyed that bomber formation at 5:55. I think this one is much better. My only criticism would be to shorten the spit chase at 7:25 and crop off about 10 seconds to where the spit is bearing down after the turn. It's hard to tell exactly what he's doing. The part where he get vis on the plane and shoots is what you want. I just think that clip is too long. Also, the part right after, of the P51 shooting the bombers just isn't very action filled. I don't know if it's just the chase view or needs to be a different view. It just seems sorta staged to chase 3 bombers until they shoot you down like that. To me, it just didn't go with the rest of the film. Other than those 2, I think the rest of it is pretty good. Perhaps replace the p51 shooting the bombers with a video of the bombers bombing a CV or battleship? Just throwing it out there. I do think this one is better though!  :aok
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2023, 08:15:37 AM »
Your  comments are worthy, but some of this reqiires more then one person, no one jumped in.i think everyone is used to nothing but kill shots and no real flow or direction. Which is fine, but if I were to do what everyone else does why bother…imo. This is set to every second of music, changing one scene will cause havok all the way down the line, it would just get trashed. >shrug> it took weeks to set it to music. It is what it is now.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 08:51:33 AM by Animl-AW »

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2023, 01:11:28 PM »
Sorry my text comes off a bit strong, don't mean to. The last one bit me, I try to avoid round 2.

Think of it this way, Cinematic

Theatrics. >IMO< there should be a direction. A to B to C etc.. Movies don't start out with the climax of the movie in the first shot and repeat it, neither does a fireworks show....but failed ones do. There is a natural build-up. This is not meant to be an Ad. Ads click right through everything and a lot is missed cramming into short slots, there's not much immersion happening, just power of suggestion.

It's a movie, I HOPE it has a direction and a finale. Gone with the Wind should not be viewed as a commercial.

One can have all the best shots ever, if they don't flow in a direction they are just pretty shots.

I'm not a salesman, but IMO those new types who want everything instant, probably aren't going to stay. Ya don't just hop in a plane and 20 seconds later you're blasting 20 planes out of the air,...IMO it's misleading. It could be marketing the wrong crowd. IMO the enthusiast is the one that will stay.

Maybe we're all on the same page, I dunno.

It's not something that will save the world, it may not even bring in 1. 1000s of great videos out there. Who can raise their hand and say their video drew people in? Everyone thinks theirs will. I have no clue if I'll draw more then 1. It gave me something to do, a distraction. I'm just a dude who made a video, like the other 2000 out there. <shrug>

I'm going the cinematic-historical route.
I'd love to do the next scenario into a similar style movie. There are even tons of those out there.

I may have failed, but, out do me, by all means. :)

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2023, 01:25:12 PM »
I MAY change the p-51 buff slot. if ya have buff gun films, I'd change it.

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2023, 03:42:17 PM »
Who can raise their hand and say their video drew people in?

*Raises Hand*

Sorry my text comes off a bit strong, don't mean to. The last one bit me, I try to avoid round 2.

I'm not going for round 2 either which is why I gave you constructive feedback based on what you said your film was going to be about.
I see that you have changed your vision/Design-brief and it is no longer about helping AcesHigh player numbers grow, it's just another cinematic.. therefore, forget I said anything and congrats on your film.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2023, 05:14:31 PM »
*Raises Hand*

I'm not going for round 2 either which is why I gave you constructive feedback based on what you said your film was going to be about.
I see that you have changed your vision/Design-brief and it is no longer about helping AcesHigh player numbers grow, it's just another cinematic.. therefore, forget I said anything and congrats on your film.

I should let this lay,.. but,... that's not what I said nor meant at all. And this is why we cannot communicate. You tend to put words in my mouth.

All I was saying is my video is probably not the holly grail. Believe it or not, some people are humbled in life. I haven't changed any vision, you just don't seem to understand my vision (actually you do, I'll get to that) and want me to change it to yours. Basically you wanted me to delete 3/4 of my movie, it's saying "just trash it". Which removing 3/4 of it would do. Any and all videos is marketing, even ones that totally blow.

I never saw any purpose of rounding a mountain over a town, it didn't serve any purpose, but damn! what a great shot. It's actually your chase scene over a hill top that sold me on cinematic. Were you trying to not help?

Why would going Cinematic and Historical mean I'm not trying to help?  BTW, your own most precious videos are labeled "Cinematic". Pretty sure it's one that you claim brought more players. Pot-kettle.

You tend to want the last word in misguiding the masses about me, to people who've known me longer then AH existed. I've never done anything but help the sim I'm in...always. That's what I'm known best for. I often do that more then actual flying. <shrug>

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2023, 05:58:22 PM »
Animal you credited me me for a Lancaster. I’m guessing it was the carrier landing one. You must have reversed it because I remember coming from the other side lol.

Good stuff anyway. :aok
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2023, 06:18:22 PM »
Animal you credited me me for a Lancaster. I’m guessing it was the carrier landing one. You must have reversed it because I remember coming from the other side lol.

Good stuff anyway. :aok

Thanks

Yup,.. simple crash, but it fit that music perfectly. I don't  think I flipped anything, I just chased your AC. Unfortunately, I don't have time to deal with copyright agreements and toasted that segment, I was just having fun with it. I forgot to edit that credit out. A lot has to change to remove or add something. I'm now wanting to replace the P-51-buff scene. But I'm happy with the rest. I just don't want the whole thing to be DF to DF, it gets mundane.

Thanks for contributing to someone not around long enough to build a personal library of films. I feel almost like I just stepped out of the twilight zone. I was just going through too much and my brain wanted to remove data memory to make room to cope. I'm not as deep in the core as I used to be, which makes things a little harder. 14 years ago I could answer any and every question you had,... not so much now. I'm asking the questions. <shrug>

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2023, 12:00:00 AM »
I think this version is much better. Glad you cut out the final 3 minutes from that earlier video as this seems more intense and more inline with the mood of the video. I really enjoyed that bomber formation at 5:55. I think this one is much better. My only criticism would be to shorten the spit chase at 7:25 and crop off about 10 seconds to where the spit is bearing down after the turn. It's hard to tell exactly what he's doing. The part where he get vis on the plane and shoots is what you want. I just think that clip is too long. Also, the part right after, of the P51 shooting the bombers just isn't very action filled. I don't know if it's just the chase view or needs to be a different view. It just seems sorta staged to chase 3 bombers until they shoot you down like that. To me, it just didn't go with the rest of the film. Other than those 2, I think the rest of it is pretty good. Perhaps replace the p51 shooting the bombers with a video of the bombers bombing a CV or battleship? Just throwing it out there. I do think this one is better though!  :aok

Ya know,....I wasn't 100% with the 51-buff shot either. The great scene I did want there just won't fit in a 10 sec slot, to cut it down makes it unworthy. I'll have to go through a lot of films to find that worthy 10 seconds, that's how it ended up there.

That Spit shot, you have to look closer but you'll see it traveling along side him through the loop and even over the city together. The color blending with the background as it travels. It really only becomes more visible when it hits a lighter bkg. An exciting part is when HE sees it and jumps. YouTube compression just aided it's ghostliness. Not planned. On my PC I'm seeing the whole run. That's a reality I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle to change.

The more you watch it, the more you'll notice many things going with the soundtrack and video. Even the prop startup (vid) speed was tweaked a touch with certain drum mallets. Each scene (of 4) have their own soundtrack song, which is a .wav file. IF I change the size or speed of any shot in that scene,..it throws the sync of the scene out the window, until it's filled exact. It could be Movie Maker makes it harder then it should be.

If it were just background music it wouldn't matter, I could rebuild the whole thing in 20 minutes. Changing size, speed, or replacing in this is not a plug-n-play thing. Sometimes I get lucky.

I think the more likely is I replace the 51-buff shot. I just don't have anything picked out.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 01:23:30 AM by Animl-AW »

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2023, 07:12:55 AM »
Ya know,....I wasn't 100% with the 51-buff shot either. The great scene I did want there just won't fit in a 10 sec slot, to cut it down makes it unworthy. I'll have to go through a lot of films to find that worthy 10 seconds, that's how it ended up there.

That Spit shot, you have to look closer but you'll see it traveling along side him through the loop and even over the city together. The color blending with the background as it travels. It really only becomes more visible when it hits a lighter bkg. An exciting part is when HE sees it and jumps. YouTube compression just aided it's ghostliness. Not planned. On my PC I'm seeing the whole run. That's a reality I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle to change.

The more you watch it, the more you'll notice many things going with the soundtrack and video. Even the prop startup (vid) speed was tweaked a touch with certain drum mallets. Each scene (of 4) have their own soundtrack song, which is a .wav file. IF I change the size or speed of any shot in that scene,..it throws the sync of the scene out the window, until it's filled exact. It could be Movie Maker makes it harder then it should be.

If it were just background music it wouldn't matter, I could rebuild the whole thing in 20 minutes. Changing size, speed, or replacing in this is not a plug-n-play thing. Sometimes I get lucky.

I think the more likely is I replace the 51-buff shot. I just don't have anything picked out.

I see, well I certainly do think this version is better and more thrilling. The spit one is fine, but I do hope perhaps you find a better one of the bombers. You are we welcome to use my film a few threads below of me shooting the bombers down in the appetizer, dinner, dessert film. Which was a fun attack for me. I was feeling it in the K4 that day. But if you are looking for  bombers shooting down a plane, not sure I have a film of that. Just throwing it out there. But definitely a cool film you put together for sure!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2023, 08:50:37 AM »
I didn't suggest you just trash it or follow my vision  :rolleyes:, regular potentially interested viewers will switch off after half way through the 3rd engine star-up, your average view analytics will be around 30 seconds.

but fine, I'm not wasting anymore my time, it's more valuable elsewhere. You're intensely irritating and frustrating.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2023, 09:13:01 AM »
I see, well I certainly do think this version is better and more thrilling. The spit one is fine, but I do hope perhaps you find a better one of the bombers. You are we welcome to use my film a few threads below of me shooting the bombers down in the appetizer, dinner, dessert film. Which was a fun attack for me. I was feeling it in the K4 that day. But if you are looking for  bombers shooting down a plane, not sure I have a film of that. Just throwing it out there. But definitely a cool film you put together for sure!

Here is the video from my perspective, I prefer the in cockpit view while i'm dancing with the corsair.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRPRhLon1fE 
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai