Author Topic: X52 Throttle X/Y Rotation Dials  (Read 474 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
X52 Throttle X/Y Rotation Dials
« on: May 22, 2023, 04:11:39 PM »
Not sure if I am describing them correctly but they are the two dial buttons by your thumb on the X52 throttle. I had them mapped to my views to look up/down and left/right. For whatever reason they no longer work. The windows settings and the AH controller settings both show them as working fine. But in game they no longer do anything. I’ve tried remapping, unplugging, etc. stick works 100% fine otherwise.

Anyone else have this issue? I will take some pics if I’m not describing it correctly.

:joystick:
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: X52 Throttle X/Y Rotation Dials
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 08:08:15 PM »
I dont think you can map a button AND an axis to do the same thing. So if you added a rotary/axis type control to the views it will stop the other buttons from working.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2023, 01:22:18 AM »
Try unmapping the keyboard keys to see if the dial buttons start working.

Before that go to the advanced settings of the rotaries and calibrate them if there's such an option. It's possible that although they are correctly mapped they still act like buttons. You have to assign the entire trajectory.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2023, 07:49:59 AM »
The dials were mapped to the analog yaw and pitch. I will try those ideas. Worked fine until the last windows update. Maybe I will roll it back and see what happens.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2023, 08:07:50 AM »
I had to open windows game controller window and keep it open then start AH for all functions of the hotas to be recognized

I used the rotor for trim

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2023, 11:22:14 AM »
I had to open windows game controller window and keep it open then start AH for all functions of the hotas to be recognized

I used the rotor for trim

Eagler

So I saw you say this on another thread so I tried it and it a few weeks ago and no luck.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2023, 05:53:41 PM »
So I saw you say this on another thread so I tried it and it a few weeks ago and no luck.

That's because that's false info.
You don't need to keep Windows Game Controller Settings open for anything.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline natalieportman

• Zinc Member
      • build now gg
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2024, 09:55:41 PM »
Not just you, my X52 dials are acting up too. Hopefully someone here has a solution!

Offline leashaudit

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2024, 02:18:30 AM »
Hello. I also tried using rotor but it didn't work. Can someone give another advice.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2024, 11:21:43 AM »
That's because that's false info.
You don't need to keep Windows Game Controller Settings open for anything.

Coogan

This may be true, however, I do know that when I was using my Quest 2 that if I did not have the windows sound dialog box open when I hit the transmit button the game would freeze. I know it's doesn't sound logical but leaving that window open fixed the problem and as soon as you closed it it started freezing again. Guess it's a windows "random feature"