Author Topic: Going to attempt a furball video  (Read 176 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Going to attempt a furball video
« on: May 28, 2023, 11:46:53 AM »
I think if anything sets AH apart from other games it's probably the furballs. How to really capture and illustrate it with a single cam is going to be a bit challenging. It's been done 1000s of times. I'm trying to come up with a different way to capture it, I have no clue where I'm going with this. They are hard because they move around an area so fast. The first image that comes to mind is the below vid should be a part of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dskCpuxqtI&t=59s
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 11:50:13 AM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: Going to attempt a furball video
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2023, 12:50:07 PM »
You just need a bunch of people to film it and then you have all angles.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2023, 02:48:39 PM »
You just need a bunch of people to film it and then you have all angles.

Ya, true,..I can do different angles in Fixted mode, it's just cumbersome. In fixed mode you can travel wherever you want with the arrow and page up and page down keys,.... as long as your AC is still in flight somewhere. I've been hitting record in the the hanger when I record nd then going fixted mode in the viewer. Being able to save a fixed location would be helpful in dramatic shots. As soon as you hit stop, it's all gone,.. start over. Key is rewind, but if it's a short film you'll get the same reaction. Some tweaks could go a long way.

I think a good start >IF< I had 2 other people online at the same time,... would be to put cam/ hit records in Base, City, and GV areas at the same time. I'm just using the locations, not so much the views at time of recordings. It would speed up the process. a 4th on an opposing side would be great to capture radio traffic, not sure that would be handy or not. I know that will create accusations,..but,...Battles between Rooks and Bish tend to have the bigger furballs,... from my POV.

We'll see how it goes,... this is something I can't see going past 5 minutes, hard to say, but I want that as my limit for this. Those who thrive on instant unending action should get a good meal of that.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 03:27:40 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2023, 06:42:08 PM »
I'll be finally going thru some of my Combat Challenge films tonight. Will post the good ones,  if any  :aok
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion