Author Topic: newbie  (Read 1410 times)

Offline BoldlyBR

• Zinc Member
« on: May 28, 2023, 10:33:20 PM »
hello and good day, I just started playing recently and while I've figured out some of the basic controls i am struggling with the steep learning curve and would really like some pointers if anyone is willing. thank you

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Re: newbie
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2023, 11:37:45 PM »
WELCOME !!! I see that most of your sorties are in bombers.

I haven't a clue. I'm of the dark side in fighters. A trainer will drop in on this thread. They know their stuff. No getting around the learning curve. Don't get frustrated. It takes awhile.

And grab a Spit and fly a few sorties. The dark side calls...
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline BoldlyBR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 01:38:09 AM »
yeah, i need to finish mapping my joystick buttons for feathering and throttle what have you.. but i definitely want to get into dogfights.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2023, 08:08:30 AM »
Boldly, if you would like to meet up in the TA (Training Arena) I would be glad to help you flatten the learning curve some.

Let me know what times would work best for you, and I'm sure we can find something that works for both of us. You can send me a PM or just respond in this thread.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2023, 08:48:23 AM »
Welcome aboard new guy.  Trust me this game is addicting.  If you find yourself getting frustrated getting your stick settings right.. don't.  I played back in the day a LOT then life got in the way and I've been out almost 10 years and I'm struggling to get everything just right then memorizing where I've got a command set up.  That just takes time but trust me you'll get there.

Do hook up with a trainer soon and spend some time in TA.  I seriously used to go there and spend at least an hour every Tuesday night trying to help the truly new guys just get into the air and doing some basic maneuvers then pass them on to a more experienced and much better person for actual training.  Plan on doing it more once I get my legs under me.

That said if you ever have a question and don't want to feel like you look 'dumb' just drop me a PM and I'll try to help ya out as best I can :)

Good luck  :aok
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2023, 10:54:25 AM »
Welcome aboard!

I maintain the "Aces Help Page". It has a lot of basic information available for the game. Also, ask all the question you have. There are many people willing to take the time to help you get more comfortable in the game. But only practice will make you better.

Again, Welcome!  <S>

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2023, 05:27:19 PM »
Fugitive has a lot of good information on his page. I also wrote a tutorial for new pilots which might help:

http://www.kentwoodstation.com/NewPilots/NewPilotsStart.html

And the Aces High website has a lot of good information at this link:

https://www.hitechcreations.com/support/support-help

Hope this helps.  Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question.

My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2023, 08:55:52 AM »
The learning curve is near vertical at first.  Stay the course and it will flatten out.  Keep asking questions here in the BBS.  A wealth of knowledge available for the asking.  :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2023, 09:55:01 AM »
hello and good day, I just started playing recently and while I've figured out some of the basic controls i am struggling with the steep learning curve and would really like some pointers if anyone is willing. thank you

Welcome, you can always learn by winging up with a squad, 113th Lucky strikes fly as Knights, Saturday evening 7PM EDST. We fly and fight P38's all training provided free, with beer..
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2023, 10:04:11 AM »

You might find THIS PAGE also useful.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2023, 11:17:44 AM »
Welcome aboard Boldly!
Do a YouTube search for VuduVince. He's posted many training films that you'll find useful.

Offline bortas1

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2023, 03:03:26 PM »
 :salute Welcome  :salute :cheers:

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2023, 04:36:44 AM »
Yeah!  Was hoping he would stick with us.  ALAS...not to be :bhead   He was a SPONGE for any and all tips/information.   Seems was 2 weeks and out?  He did voice issues about his Joystick..so maybe he is putting that $15 a month, on a better stick?  Hope so!  He was a down right, affable guy to fly with  :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2023, 04:45:00 AM »

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2023, 11:12:50 PM »
 Don't know if these suggestions have been made but once you get your basic controls down;

Don't take it too serious. Have fun.

Some of the best guys have flown the same aircraft for years. Nothing beats time flying. Reading and studying helps.

If you want to fly all the planes. Fly them. My suggestion would be fly the same aircraft for a month before switching. It's your game, your money, play the game the way you want.