Author Topic: Ability to mark/draw on the map  (Read 411 times)

Offline SLIMS

• Zinc Member
Ability to mark/draw on the map
« on: June 05, 2023, 09:35:38 PM »
I think a useful feature would be to create the ability to draw and place markers on the map.  The way I see it there are a couple different ways you could do it, all of which have potential to be very helpful. Arma 3 uses a map where you can choose who can see your marks, only you, only your squad, only your team or the global option. As someone who enjoys long range bombing it'd be nice to draw myself a route or make notes on the map that I can use for future reference, so even if it's something that's only used on a personal level,  it still has potential to be very useful. It would also create a way for teams/squads to communicate information, faster, easier, and more accurately. All map markers created to be seen by your team/squad should be able to be deleted by anyone on your team/squad to prevent someone from cluttering the map, and we should leave the option to hide any markers for people who don't care to see them.

Maybe this is an idea that has been presented in the past, but it wouldn't be that hard to implement and has potential to be super useful. What do you guys think?
"SKY HEIFERS"
Your premier egg delivery service

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Ability to mark/draw on the map
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2023, 10:32:24 PM »
Cool idea, I *think* there is something like this available using the mission planner.  At least the route, maybe waypoints, and it can be seen by everyone who joins the mission.

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2023, 04:23:39 PM »
Would be cool to see a bombers target path and get in and pop radars for them or deck a town without being in a mission.  I'm sure some would take advantage of it if it was open to an entire country to view with shade accounts and side switching.  Someone would ruin a nice feature to get a couple kills. 

Cool idea though for sure.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 10:10:41 AM »
I would like to see a cloud cover layer maybe even with alts and direction.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!