Author Topic: What Are You Aiming At?  (Read 2291 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: What Are You Aiming At?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2023, 05:00:07 AM »
Thwarted a bunch of Bish base takes this Friday night by dumping VH’s lol! Plenty of dars and ords too!  Don’t worry I spent an hour doing the same to the Knights. :salute :bolt:
Eh! No worries Brother!  PORK ON :devil   Was one of the best Nights in several weeks.Bish Snuck A-11 while furballing at another base.  Battle for A11,insued for the next 3 hours!!! IIR, pretty sure A-11?You porked us several times...fine by me! Rearm Pad is my friend!  Vh=dead   Ammo=dead...that is when Me and My Spit XVI and her 3 bombs, enjoy the $15 a month! :devil :rofl   Mindy,"A-@@@ looks like it has a rash?" She is in Med School, oughta know?   My smart arse retorts,"You mean Chiggers?"   She is from Texas...and she didnt argue my point. WIN!!!!!!!! :devil
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2023, 08:50:03 AM »
Darn I always forget those rearm buildings.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2023, 11:31:17 AM »
Darn I always forget those rearm buildings.

I don't think taking it out  has any impact on re-arming. I'll admit I'm not sure about that though, I'll have to test it offline.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2023, 11:54:02 AM »
I don't think taking it out  has any impact on re-arming. I'll admit I'm not sure about that though, I'll have to test it offline.

I heard it did but do not know for sure.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2023, 04:47:40 AM »
I heard it did but do not know for sure.
NOPE!  No effect!  This fact has led to more than a few moments of consternation. :devil  "How many bombs does a Spit 16 carry? CHEATER!"     "Uh, 3...small ones?"    :rofl A Spit 16 can kill a Tiger 2..OH BOY..the names I am called :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2023, 08:57:59 AM »
I used to follow the school of "aim small, hit big". Going for the cockpit in fighters and cockpit or fuel tanks in bombers.
With eyesight getting worse every year, I ended up just shooting at that area below that blurry red icon over there...

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2023, 04:48:21 AM »
I used to follow the school of "aim small, hit big". Going for the cockpit in fighters and cockpit or fuel tanks in bombers.
With eyesight getting worse every year, I ended up just shooting at that area below that blurry red icon over there...
:uhoh  You are a whippersnapper/young'n!   Didnt you just have a kid.........wait a minute.......IIR?  He was starting School..your First excuse as to not gonna be on much?   WHAT THE ACTUAL?????  That was how many years ago? Dang, my Boy was 28 on the 9th...and your's is how old?  Explains the hair loss!!!  😁     You were a better man than I!!   If had found this game, when my kids were young...LAWD HELP ME :devil  My kids would still be in Diapers, on 'Sippy Cups' and maybe even pacifiers?  :rofl   Then again...you MOST DEFINITELY have a better Baby Momma than I did!!! Being as you came back..for a bit. She had your "SIX"?    Tell her I said, I love her!     CRUD!!!  I didnt mean it THAT WAY...dont you dare hound me in a 262!🤣      :aok     
Love ya Bro,
BW1stpar/ULCapkid   
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 04:52:45 AM by 1stpar3 »

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2023, 05:35:15 AM »
@dmonSlyr               "Use your rudder. I have peddles and hate the twisty, the rudder helps yaw your nose to get a shot faster, and helps you get your nose down faster if the try to nose down turn. This helps you get the crossing shot better rather than the lead shot. Rudder is extremely useful for getting a shot."                                                                                                                                                 
               Same advice Demonsl...VIOLATOR(now what did I do with my Rap e Whistle :devil) gave my CO In Blackwidow Squad!  BWDelta," Dude! Violator gave me some tips in the 109!"    "Really? " :uhoh             I was BWDelta's wingman..as ordered for this FSO. It was just before the BlackWidows last time in FSO...The advice helped us all! 
    The Private Arena, before FSO..you know...to practice?  :furious  THE AF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Me, Taxman,Nofear,Cruiser,ETC, RickG and Edpat..."TF how you do that?"           "PAR........SHHHHHHHHHHH...his #1 advice...RUDDER!  That girl(the 109) loves to be tossed around the sky. He was Negative G...Rudder...Negative G...Rudder on and on."
  I was 1 year in game.."Do what?"   "Never mind Par. You will die, just like I did!  (with implied  :bhead sentiments). He then commences to VIOLATE US....like you would have!  :rofl :rofl :rofl
   Awesome memory!    LOL   AND THAT is why I never felt too bad...picking you in My Spity :bolt: :rofl               Damn I miss those days/Fellers :rock             
  Love ya Brother,
BW1stpar/ULCapkid
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 05:46:16 AM by 1stpar3 »

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2023, 07:52:20 AM »
Unload G to reduce dispersion.

I've always had a difficult time wrapping my head around this. Say I'm in lead pursuit approaching from hi 10:00. I'm pushing for neg G's with an aim point in front of my target. My guns are set to D400. As I'm approaching D500.....I'm supposed to neutralize the stick (unload G's) and fire?   Seems to me that the bandit will be passing thru the sim point before the rounds will. If I doube or triple the aim point further out, isn't that now becoming a crap shoot?

Please explain this so even a moron can grasp it  :x

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2023, 08:10:51 AM »
Unloading the airframe will reduce the “G” effect on the rounds,which is a good thing. I always suggest practicing with the lead calculating gun site but instead of shooting work on your site picture. Try different attack angles and place the LCG on your pipper, then look to see where the enemy A/C is in relation to that.

You can do this offline with the drones but they fly a predictable flight path,it’s better to grab a buddy and do this in the TA or a custom arena. Then toggle the LCG off and take some shots and have your buddy report your results. The bonus is you both can do this and work on defence at the same time.

When I’m feeling better I’ll try to announce when I’m going to be in the TA to help anyone who’s interested. This likely won’t happen until after the summer is over as the doctors are poking and prodding me for another month or so.

<S>

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2023, 08:28:29 AM »
I've always had a difficult time wrapping my head around this. Say I'm in lead pursuit approaching from hi 10:00. I'm pushing for neg G's with an aim point in front of my target. My guns are set to D400. As I'm approaching D500.....I'm supposed to neutralize the stick (unload G's) and fire?   Seems to me that the bandit will be passing thru the sim point before the rounds will. If I doube or triple the aim point further out, isn't that now becoming a crap shoot?

Please explain this so even a moron can grasp it  :x

To give a "laymans" point of view on this....

Picture a garden hose, the water coming out is your stream of bullets.

If you unload your Gs its like pointing in one spot, your drowning that tulip your pointing at but if a bird flies through you stream your going to knock that sucker out of the air because it a pile of water at that moment the water and bird meet.

Now lets say you see a bird flying by and the devil on your shoulder say "nail that sucker!" youll be swinging an arc trying to hit him. Firstyour wasting water "DAMN THAT DEVIL!", and if you should hit him it will only be for a fraction of a second and your water wont so much be a stream, but broken apart droples all falling away, so the bird poops on your head as he continues on.

Now there is a third scenario but this is very rare do to the fact of differing speeds, alts views and so on, but there are time that you can get your stream to hit the target and by some miracle you match his speed, angle, direction, everything and even tho you are hitting him with a stream of droplets you do this for a full second or two. This is when the bird gets knocked into the house, bounces off the ground and you can roll him down the sidewalk to the gutter in the street while that devil is laughing his @zz off the whole time.  :devil

The point is hitting unloaded gives you a "clump" of round for the target to fly into. Spraying in an arc "G loaded" means you pepper him with rounds in a larger area (nose to tail, vs all rounds in the engine)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2023, 12:16:01 PM »
Good analogy Fugi! It paints a clearer picture of the process.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2023, 01:19:25 PM »
Good analogy Fugi! It paints a clearer picture of the process.

I suppose next your going to want a cartoon!   :neener:

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2023, 01:32:27 PM »
Hey thanks again for all the great notes everyone keep them coming.

FYI I still shoot like Mr. Magoo :joystick:

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2023, 04:42:47 PM »
I suppose next your going to want a cartoon!   :neener:

Well...........;........TeeArr, OlShakey, Scabs, AlfOmega, Nedermyr, Shingles, Kinego + + + + is back again with a new ID  :joystick: :airplane: :banana:  :devil