Author Topic: The joy of winning a map in this game  (Read 2178 times)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Re: The joy of winning a map in this game
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2023, 04:45:34 PM »
And will always be  :aok
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2023, 04:52:42 PM »
Definitely need to go 2 sides. Having people to play against makes the game. Since I have been back there have only been a few times where I got a taste of what it used to be like. Its too spread out and not enough people to play against. Wish Dale would try out 2 sides for a few weeks or add a map or two into the rotation where it is only two countries. For the players still here I think it would perk things up a bit and it would also allow players that dont usually fly together to get to know each other better.

Then eventually people would complain about it only being two countries
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2023, 06:06:26 PM »
My guess is there would be instant complaints.  Too much side loyalty - which Country would be eliminated?

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2023, 07:05:02 PM »
Simply eliminate the side with the least amount of players

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2023, 07:30:31 PM »
My guess is there would be instant complaints.  Too much side loyalty - which Country would be eliminated?

All three, and two new ones would be created.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2023, 08:09:19 PM »
Kings and Queens?

Or maybe Hitech could code a "forced alliance" when one side becomes too numerous compared to the other two.  The two smaller countries retain their identities but show to each other as green icons instead of red, and killshooter could be enforced between members of the of the alliance. 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 08:13:55 PM by oboe »

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2023, 08:11:42 PM »
Shirts and skins.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2023, 08:37:40 PM »
Im up for two sides no matter how it gets there. Hopefully when Dale recovers we can hear his input and thoughts of giving it a shot. Most of the players here know each other, having 2 sides would allow more communication and friendship. No harm in giving it a shot for a few weeks, I am sure if done so there would be no shortage of opinions and thoughts to gather.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2023, 08:52:52 PM »
The biggest problem with having 2 sides is how would you balance it out?

Sure we have ENY. Can you imagine the outcry when one team out numbers the other because of course nobody wants to be on the losing team so more will join the team rolling bases towards a win. ENY goes through the roof and now they are all crying because they are stuck flying FM2s as their fighter.

Auto side balancing..... destroys what few real squads we have left as the "computer" decides which team you are on when you log in.

I think the 3 sides is the way to go, but the map need to be smaller so the team that is being "ignored" can get to the other front to join in where the action is.

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2023, 09:01:50 PM »
People currently don’t switch sides when losing, they switch sides to find a fight. I am saying if possible throw a two country map into the rotation to try out

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2023, 01:37:27 AM »
The map was Northco. From its start Rooks and Bishops double teamed the Knights. It became an overwhelming 3-5 v 1 scenario on both fronts which lead to Rooks capturing all of the bases on its side of the front. So although it may have appeared as the Knights were helping the Rooks by fighting Bishops in reality the Knights did not have the ability to wage an offensive with the players they had on. Day Knights do not do well offensively without key players involved.
IIRC? That evening of 13,June....the Knits went on offense, after Bish met a quagmire on Rook front?  HMM, I wonder who got THAT Ball rolling....?  Perhaps SATAN, maybe that "Ma'am" chick...HQ molester .....GD....was (A) 'Finetime' regardless of Satan's Prescence :rofl  Maybe this was 14, June?  Even happened last evening 15, June.  I cant remember?  If I was, "'24s".......check roster...That M@er, (the F is censored lol) a Rook or a Knit  :devil If I remembered...it would explain a lot!  :rofl  Was one heck of a skirmish last night...A-52 iirc!  Sign in....8:30 ish. Taxman was screaming, "PAR..A-52(or where ever), I need vehicle sups!  On second thought....roll your fluffluffluff'n Wirb, hanger pops in 2 and that 'Expletive' lol, is turning in to kill it!"  1.5 hours later...when Rooks had us preoccupied....you, you..SATAN, snuck a Port from under our noses.  I knew it was you :furious Why you think I didnt show up?   :cheers:   Easier Fish to fry at A-52...you nailed it!!!!Last 4 or 5 nights, have been Bar Fights!   I NEEDED THIS!  After 16 GLORIOUS YEARS....I had to bale my Co-Pilot out of the game.  He was a  constant companion/BEST DOG/FRIEND!  He was even a Staple on UL Squad Nights...11: ish PM...."Sir? I want my TIME with you, oh and I need you to let me out!   NOW!! "  My chair has slats in the back, so...  Cold Nose Of Death...thru the slats....right to the crack of 'Donkey'   :rofl  Didnt matter if Mission, Together in Combat Challenge, Scenarios or what!   The 11: pm was definitely gonna happen! Yup, guys, be right back!  "Did he get ya?"   All at the same time..vox was screwed!  :bolt:  Hardest decision I ever had to make...unless it was the "Wish a Nik1 would!" , evening around the same time.   Hurts!  I am just glad I didnt see "Peanut" in game...that was my C-Pilots Name.   Id a had that RiftS water logged for SURE! So YES!  I needed that distraction! Isnt it amazing, the Connections and Bonds we make, in Life? I hope EVERYONE gets to experience that Un-Conditional Love, like only a Dog named Peanut can give!   Love ya Brother                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          BW1stpar/ULCapkid
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 03:00:58 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2023, 01:47:35 AM »
what would this game be without players like yourself  :banana: :cheers:
No POOP, Captain Obvious :rofl   He is fun to fight with and against!  He used to do the Auto Switch thingy. I prefer him Green, almost as much I prefer you in same light!  :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2023, 06:47:58 AM »
If 2 country is too complicated then much smaller maps so all three countries are forced to fight each other simultaneously

Right now two countries might have one good large bar fight going while it sucks flying for the 3rd country

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2023, 06:50:19 AM »
IIRC? That evening of 13,June....the Knits went on offense, after Bish met a quagmire on Rook front?  HMM, I wonder who got THAT Ball rolling....?  Perhaps SATAN, maybe that "Ma'am" chick...HQ molester .....GD....was (A) 'Finetime' regardless of Satan's Prescence :rofl  Maybe this was 14, June?  Even happened last evening 15, June.  I cant remember?  If I was, "'24s".......check roster...That M@er, (the F is censored lol) a Rook or a Knit  :devil If I remembered...it would explain a lot!  :rofl  Was one heck of a skirmish last night...A-52 iirc!  Sign in....8:30 ish. Taxman was screaming, "PAR..A-52(or where ever), I need vehicle sups!  On second thought....roll your fluffluffluffluffluff'n Wirb, hanger pops in 2 and that 'Expletive' lol, is turning in to kill it!"  1.5 hours later...when Rooks had us preoccupied....you, you..SATAN, snuck a Port from under our noses.  I knew it was you :furious Why you think I didnt show up?   :cheers:   Easier Fish to fry at A-52...you nailed it!!!!Last 4 or 5 nights, have been Bar Fights!   I NEEDED THIS!  After 16 GLORIOUS YEARS....I had to bale my Co-Pilot out of the game.  He was a  constant companion/BEST DOG/FRIEND!  He was even a Staple on UL Squad Nights...11: ish PM...."Sir? I want my TIME with you, oh and I need you to let me out!   NOW!! "  My chair has slats in the back, so...  Cold Nose Of Death...thru the slats....right to the crack of 'Donkey'   :rofl  Didnt matter if Mission, Together in Combat Challenge, Scenarios or what!   The 11: pm was definitely gonna happen! Yup, guys, be right back!  "Did he get ya?"   All at the same time..vox was screwed!  :bolt:  Hardest decision I ever had to make...unless it was the "Wish a Nik1 would!" , evening around the same time.   Hurts!  I am just glad I didnt see "Peanut" in game...that was my C-Pilots Name.   Id a had that RiftS water logged for SURE! So YES!  I needed that distraction! Isnt it amazing, the Connections and Bonds we make, in Life? I hope EVERYONE gets to experience that Un-Conditional Love, like only a Dog named Peanut can give!   Love ya Brother                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          BW1stpar/ULCapkid
It was A56  :cheers: and I do love that I am Bishops top bad guy these days

Yesterday was a good one. Logged in with Bish owning 23% of Knit bases. Lead a 6 base capture spree before someone had that bright idea to push 56 *cough*Hoagi*. The port was the cherry on top. Logged after that. Nothing like getting 9 hrs of sleep on the last day of work 👊

« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 06:54:58 AM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2023, 08:21:58 AM »
The biggest problem with having 2 sides is how would you balance it out?

How do you balance 3 sides? 

Doesn't the the current 3-sides get grossly out of balance on a regular basis?
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.