Author Topic: The joy of winning a map in this game  (Read 2179 times)

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
The joy of winning a map in this game
« on: June 13, 2023, 11:06:03 PM »
Hearing the pure joy come from the Rooks tonight on range for winning the war was a special treat. That passion for this game is just one of the many reasons why I will always be here if I can help it.

Was a real battle at A25 tonight that evetually broke the back of the enemy. The bishops put up a great defense. Having 50 players or more at one base like that is just awesome. Fighters on both sides stacked from the deck to 20k. Wave after wave of bombers trying to help gain a tactical advantage. Squads coming in with Jabos to shutdown the base while other squads work together to stop them.  A dozen gvs on either side fighting for every inch from the spawn to the town. That battle lasted nearly an hour and a half. This game still has it. For those who read this who aren't playing these days yall are missing out <S>
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 11:20:08 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: The joy of winning a map in this game
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2023, 11:57:57 PM »
You need more legs for your personalities!  :salute
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2023, 12:33:24 AM »
You need more legs for your personalities!  :salute
  :old:

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2023, 02:07:48 AM »
Hearing the pure joy come from the Rooks tonight on range for winning the war was a special treat. That passion for this game is just one of the many reasons why I will always be here if I can help it.

Was a real battle at A25 tonight that evetually broke the back of the enemy. The bishops put up a great defense. Having 50 players or more at one base like that is just awesome. Fighters on both sides stacked from the deck to 20k. Wave after wave of bombers trying to help gain a tactical advantage. Squads coming in with Jabos to shutdown the base while other squads work together to stop them.  A dozen gvs on either side fighting for every inch from the spawn to the town. That battle lasted nearly an hour and a half. This game still has it. For those who read this who aren't playing these days yall are missing out <S>

Sounds like a huge battle at one field, which has always been the most fun scenario, atleast for me. Those are the battles that draw the #s and keep the players logged on and in the fight.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2023, 06:22:24 AM »
  :old:
you don't even know what he is referring to LoL  :x :banana:

You try to hard  :neener:
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2023, 07:13:48 AM »
Knights must of had fleas last night between 8 and 9pm est as no one was fighting them..

Rooks and bish were happy ignoring them

As stated before the numbers do not support 3 sides anymore

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2023, 08:12:27 AM »
Something I like about large groups fighting over a single base is the spillover action at nearby bases, when small groups try to take out key supplies at supporting fields, and opposing players up to defend.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 09:16:50 AM by oboe »

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2023, 11:53:43 AM »
Knights must of had fleas last night between 8 and 9pm est as no one was fighting them..

Rooks and bish were happy ignoring them

As stated before the numbers do not support 3 sides anymore

Eagler
The map was Northco. From its start Rooks and Bishops double teamed the Knights. It became an overwhelming 3-5 v 1 scenario on both fronts which lead to Rooks capturing all of the bases on its side of the front. So although it may have appeared as the Knights were helping the Rooks by fighting Bishops in reality the Knights did not have the ability to wage an offensive with the players they had on. Day Knights do not do well offensively without key players involved.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2023, 05:09:15 PM »
I'm easy. Winning a one on two in a fighter makes my tour.  Shooting down fighters is what I enjoy. Makes no difference wether it helps the war. It is all about the fight...
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2023, 09:19:37 PM »
I'm easy. Winning a one on two in a fighter makes my tour.  Shooting down fighters is what I enjoy. Makes no difference wether it helps the war. It is all about the fight...
what would this game be without players like yourself  :banana: :cheers:

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2023, 11:19:57 PM »
Boring
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2023, 06:36:06 AM »
Maps are too large, fights too spreadout if at all..

Either need to go two sided or remove 50% of the bases..

Yeah maps would flip that much faster but who cares if the gameplay is enhanced

I only have an hour at most each evening for ah..

Spending half of that flying forever to fights is as boring as it gets

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2023, 01:33:57 PM »
Definitely need to go 2 sides. Having people to play against makes the game. Since I have been back there have only been a few times where I got a taste of what it used to be like. Its too spread out and not enough people to play against. Wish Dale would try out 2 sides for a few weeks or add a map or two into the rotation where it is only two countries. For the players still here I think it would perk things up a bit and it would also allow players that dont usually fly together to get to know each other better. 

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2023, 02:23:55 PM »
I was planning on logging in when the sun went down. Got a call from the Lodge and ended up there till almost 10pm.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2023, 04:02:48 PM »

This IS EXACTLY and everything about being a BK and everything each and every single BK turns this game on in the fist place. :salute
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.