Author Topic: Negative g flopping  (Read 1636 times)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Negative g flopping
« on: June 16, 2023, 11:57:37 PM »
There’s got to be a penalty for that. Hilarious you can get behind a load out j-87 and all he has to do flop it and go negative g’s to escape while keeping speed.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
Re: Negative g flopping
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2023, 04:28:09 AM »
Why should there be a penalty for something what is realistic? Stuka was capable taking negative g and tactic was used in WW2. Same thing in BoB, 109 with it fuel injection could escape early Spits and Hurris same way, as its engine did not stall in negative g, as did carburated ones.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2023, 09:43:42 AM »
When it stars spinning and moving like a fish out of water, I don’t think so.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2023, 10:15:38 AM »
When it stars spinning and moving like a fish out of water, I don’t think so.

That you could have told in your first posting. You mention only Stukas ability to take negative g, which it did also in reality. This kind of behavior is coding problem and instead of delivering penalties to Stuka pilots, it should be fixed. And still keep the original ability to stand negative g.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2023, 09:04:05 AM »
I see this happen a lot with spits. Especially with the spit16. Crazy thing is, they will pull out of it and appear to not really lose that much E, as they can instantly climb straight up 1000 feet after pulling out of it. I can't figure that one out. Perhaps it's just my screen seeing it and not what they are actually doing.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2023, 05:43:43 AM »
Yeah the drag and turbulence created, one would have thought that doing such moves would bring the aircraft to an either an almost unstable lost of altitude, or a high loss of speed.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2023, 06:56:39 AM »
I thought that happens with maneuvers like rolls as the graphics can't keep up online so the plane sometimes has a strange spinning to it..

That has actually become rare to see for me these days

Probably due to better computers and much faster connections on average

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2023, 09:27:13 AM »
Had a guy in a spit I'm shooting at on the deck go into a crazy pinwheel thing in front of me, crashed into the trees and then said > I < was warping! This game never changes! He thought I was in a spit too. Everybody had a good laugh at that one!

I don't have a problem with the neg G jerky stuff (as that's always been a thing) so much as the lack of any sort of energy penalty that should happen to ANY aircraft when it does that. Usually when I see a plane doing that I'll head up only to find that plane now miraculously recovered and closing on me in the vertical. That just ain't right.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2023, 09:29:01 AM »
I've been seeing quite a bit of flopstar desperation moves where the bogey will induce a snaproll/spin making tracking very difficult then hitting autopilot to recover with no to little loss of e once the firing solution is lost.

There should be a penalty to the pilot for these abrupt and jarring maneuvers whether thru something like g-induced vision loss or the inability of autopilot to kick in while the plane is going thru these violent maneuvers.

It's a design flaw that lets low skill players game the coding without penalty.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 09:30:58 AM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2023, 11:02:45 AM »
Maybe the fact there is no apparent energy loss indicates it’s a graphic anomaly and the floppy plane your monitor displays doesn’t represent it’s true flightpath.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2023, 08:55:54 PM »
Maybe the fact there is no apparent energy loss indicates it’s a graphic anomaly and the floppy plane your monitor displays doesn’t represent it’s true flightpath.

I've seen the spit do some weird stuff, where it appears it's CoG is it's tail and it pivots around that. I think it's a combo of stick stirring/negative g flop/bad internet connectivity. There is a certain squad that excels in the negative G stick stir.

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2023, 11:18:57 AM »
This stick-stirry nonsense is my 2nd biggest gripe in this game, especially when those with high latency connections fly the planes that most exploit it, like Yaks and Doras.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2023, 01:04:21 PM »
This stick-stirry nonsense is my 2nd biggest gripe in this game, especially when those with high latency connections fly the planes that most exploit it, like Yaks and Doras.

And that high latency is sometimes created deliberately to get some benefits.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2023, 04:33:55 PM »
I like to refer to it as Peril Sensitive Internet  :devil

Offline IntelDan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2023, 02:00:28 AM »
I am amazed this game can do what it does. I am really surprised there isn't a lot more to complain about. Amazing program.