Author Topic: Challenger's Sounds Recovered  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: Challenger's Sounds Recovered
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2023, 09:00:29 AM »
The P-38s (J and L, at least - probably also the G) have sorta unpleasant engine sounds.  The is one of the aircraft where I need to turn my own Engine Sound down to 10% or so when I fly it.

I'll have to compare it to the P-40Ns Allison engine.   I suppose the difference would be the sound of the turbocharger in the '38, but its actually unpleasant to listen to.

Yeah, I have the engine sound at 1 when I fly them 😂😂😂
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2023, 09:30:31 AM »
Hey Dan that is awesome to hear. We could really use any life we can breath into this game. Your brother really enjoyed this sim and would be proud.

I don’t know how often or how much you check these boards or forum but there have been a few posts about your brother’s sound pack. Animl is a sound engineer by profession. Weeks ago he started a thread or post on try to resume your brothers mission of completing or fine tuning the pack. I don’t know how much time he has this summer or if he wants to but I am almost sure he would help if needed.

Alot of us enjoyed the previous sound packs that added a level of immersion. Keep us posted and keep up the good work

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2024, 03:12:48 PM »
I am the younger brother of Challenger and his wife has asked me to contenue his work. I'm not an expert at souns and I'm very busy at SOCOM but I will work on them when I can.

If you know about problems you might post in this topic. I will chek here from now and then. Don't expect miracles cause there more than 40TB of file to go through.

Did you ever have any luck?
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Baloo

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2024, 09:03:08 AM »
I am the younger brother of Challenger and his wife has asked me to contenue his work. I'm not an expert at souns and I'm very busy at SOCOM but I will work on them when I can.

If you know about problems you might post in this topic. I will chek here from now and then. Don't expect miracles cause there more than 40TB of file to go through.

That is so great to hear! First of all, thank you! Lot of grateful drivers on here for sure.

Lol +1 on the p38 sound, I too have it set at 1%. I've also noticed track sounds and stall sounds getting errors
Squadron: Arabian Knights

In Game Name: AKBaloo