Author Topic: Man look the 'duel' melons on her!  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
Man look the 'duel' melons on her!
« on: June 24, 2023, 11:21:32 AM »
She (they) arent real and there are no melons. Just wanted a nice attention grabber  :devil

I've been spending a lot of time in Match Play, and noticed a lot of noobies / unknowns come to fight the AI. I'm in a position atm where I cant purchase a subscription, but really been itching to fly. I know we have a forum dedicated to training, however I wanted to make a "duel hub post" of sorts, where if someone is actively looking to duel / train just post here, and we can help each other out / coordinate some fights.

I've always been a dueler, and have flown 109's since i started playing the game, around 13-14 years ago. I would love to learn some new tricks from all you one trick ponies, and alt tards, while passing whatever knowledge of the 109s or dogfighting in general.

(example) i am to keep this post up at all times, and if someone would like to find a duel just post here, and i can hop in. (sadly still cant tab out and keep game open)

Amazing pilot by the name of Blade used to just sit in match play, but after trying this for about a week, i actually never got a single head to head. So I got this idea instead!

thanks for your time gents.  :salute
"See, decide, attack, reverse." - Erich Hartmann

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
Re: Man look the 'duel' melons on her!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2023, 11:29:04 AM »
As pretty much noobie with less than adequate dog fighting skills I might try to join the gang now and then. I also somehow feel German kites to fit better for me, for reason unknown. I'm in Europe so that effects my timing.

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2023, 11:35:44 AM »
I'm in Europe so that effects my timing.

That's the beauty of this post, we may all be from around the world, so simply hop in here and post you are in the arena! I will add, I don't claim to be a trainer or represent HTC or anything like that, and I really don't consider myself to be very good, but I do know my plane and love dueling haha.

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2023, 12:39:57 PM »
Also, I am currently under the name "Dueler", as "Blinky" was taken :furious

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2023, 01:48:29 PM »
If Dale reads this and wants to charge me for a month on your account, I'm fine with that.  I haven't logged in for months, not sure what what to expect for your main arena experience.

When I stopped playing, I had better fights from the AI in MatchPlay.

Still paying, just don't have the urge to log in during the summer months.  Two young kids kind of direct your attention elsewhere.   The mentality of the game and the lack of competitiveness in air to air skills kind of helped me step away too.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2023, 02:00:50 PM »
Howdy Blinky <S>

What times are you in match play?

I can be in there between 8 and 9pm eastern most nights

Monday nights I am in Monday night madness with a great group of pilots - it is the next best thing to match play imo

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2023, 02:07:16 PM »
If Dale reads this and wants to charge me for a month on your account, I'm fine with that.  I haven't logged in for months, not sure what what to expect for your main arena experience.

When I stopped playing, I had better fights from the AI in MatchPlay.

Still paying, just don't have the urge to log in during the summer months.  Two young kids kind of direct your attention elsewhere.   The mentality of the game and the lack of competitiveness in air to air skills kind of helped me step away too.

Ha, I appreciate that man. No worries here, I never usually stuck around in the MA much either, because of exactly what you point out.
And yeah, the AI's put up an impressive fight surprisingly lol, have been messing with them quite a bit. Ram happy for sure lol. Great to hear from you though man, been a long time.

Howdy Blinky <S>

What times are you in match play?

I can be in there between 8 and 9pm eastern most nights

Monday nights I am in Monday night madness with a great group of pilots - it is the next best thing to match play imo

Eagler

Im on pretty randomly right now, any time of the day. I can deff try to be around that time, as Im usually playing something. Great to see another 109 pilot still around too, one of the best! I usually just sit in match play, so if i dont respond right away im just tabbed out lol.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2023, 02:45:47 AM »
Damn those AIs in that arena are bad. Hurricane outperforming 109K4 in turning is normal, but in speed, climb and dive...     :confused:

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2023, 05:46:53 AM »
Last time in there you could fly the AI planes into the sea and hills

Dueling is much more enjoyable imo

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2023, 08:06:37 AM »
Hello Blinky/Dueler.

I was in there yesterday flying the FM, Spit 9 and the 109F. We had a few good duels and a ton of fun!

I'll drop in later today.

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2023, 01:15:00 PM »
Damn those AIs in that arena are bad. Hurricane outperforming 109K4 in turning is normal, but in speed, climb and dive...     :confused:

I also notice this, made me rethink of the hurris a bit. I just assumed they were master level at concealing / hiding energy and would use that really well as AI. them being broken makes much more sense lol.

Eagler
you deff still can.. of the thousands of hours i have in AH, i would say well over half have been spend in the DA / Match Play. 242nd Sloppy Terminators, and Top Gun trained me from the ground up in there.

Hello Blinky/Dueler.

I was in there yesterday flying the FM, Spit 9 and the 109F. We had a few good duels and a ton of fun!

I'll drop in later today.
Yes indeed! Amazing fights. I should be around, in and out today. Helluva spit pilot you are ! <S>

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2023, 01:16:14 PM »

Eagler

forgot to add: I agree, dueling is some of the most fun in the game to me. Learning peoples tricks, and how well they push it to the limit, etc. Learned a lot from you Mr. Eagler.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2023, 01:24:00 PM »
I like this idea. I try to fly 3-4 times a week between 8-10pm CST. I will start looking into the match play arena.

I also didn’t know there was AI to fly against in there. I could have been shaking the rust off in there.  :joystick:
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2023, 02:12:48 PM »
I like this idea. I try to fly 3-4 times a week between 8-10pm CST. I will start looking into the match play arena.

I also didn’t know there was AI to fly against in there. I could have been shaking the rust off in there.  :joystick:
Yessir! Anyime you see me, feel free to shoot a message in All Chat. Im usually just tabbed out in Match play.

If you select your plane, then simply click one of the fields to take off, it will throw you in the bot arena instead of queuing up in the list of matches.

the bots are pretty good too!

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2023, 09:26:08 PM »
Yessir! Anyime you see me, feel free to shoot a message in All Chat. Im usually just tabbed out in Match play.

If you select your plane, then simply click one of the fields to take off, it will throw you in the bot arena instead of queuing up in the list of matches.

the bots are pretty good too!

Enjoyed our fights tonight! <S>

Josh
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||