Author Topic: The Most Important Fix This Game Needs!  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
The Most Important Fix This Game Needs!
« on: June 24, 2023, 07:09:53 PM »
The mother #%&$! bleepin runway ditch line! I mean if you have even one millimeter of rubber on the grass you get a ditch.  :joystick: :old:

Is this how it worked in WWII?

US Military: Well sorry Mr. Pilot sir, I regret to inform you that the US military noticed you had a tire in the grass on your last landing so we can’t count it sorry.

Mr. Pilot: But I landed the rest of my plane on the runway didn’t I?

US Military: Oh yes for sure you did.

Mr. Pilot: But I didn’t actually land you’re saying?

US Military: Yes sorry you most certainly did not. Do better next time.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
Re: The Most Important Fix This Game Needs!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2023, 07:49:12 PM »
landing is overrated
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2023, 12:29:12 AM »
The mother #%&$! bleepin runway ditch line! I mean if you have even one millimeter of rubber on the grass you get a ditch.  :joystick: :old:

Is this how it worked in WWII?

US Military: Well sorry Mr. Pilot sir, I regret to inform you that the US military noticed you had a tire in the grass on your last landing so we can’t count it sorry.

Mr. Pilot: But I landed the rest of my plane on the runway didn’t I?

US Military: Oh yes for sure you did.

Mr. Pilot: But I didn’t actually land you’re saying?

US Military: Yes sorry you most certainly did not. Do better next time.

sorry, get better at landing.

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,361092.msg4797230.html#msg4797230

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2023, 01:03:08 AM »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2023, 02:36:49 AM »
I was also wondering this in another topic and was duly told that's The Holy Rule and everyone even questioning it is an uncapable whiner, so welcome to the club! 

I also love it when after successful sortie with shot up kite in dead stick landing I end up 3 feet from runway and get "You Ditched". Fills my soul with a feeling of joy and success.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2023, 02:38:13 AM »
It's a game ..have fun.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2023, 05:50:19 AM »
Gliding in dead stick oil blocking view wondering if you had enough alt to make it as you near the beginning of the runway...

Sometimes you make it and sometimes you don't..

The times you don't makes the times you do much more satisfying

Sorta like life ..you don't get an easy button

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2023, 08:19:13 AM »
For real we just need a few centimeters of real estate added.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2023, 08:21:16 AM »
One of the reasons I never land with wheels!  :old:
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2023, 08:22:19 AM »
I was also wondering this in another topic and was duly told that's The Holy Rule and everyone even questioning it is an uncapable whiner, so welcome to the club! 

I also love it when after successful sortie with shot up kite in dead stick landing I end up 3 feet from runway and get "You Ditched". Fills my soul with a feeling of joy and success.

How dare you!!

One of the reasons I never land with wheels!  :old:

Ahh I see now. Will try it!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2023, 08:52:10 AM »
For real we just need a few centimeters of real estate added.

I remember Hitech talking about it once and he said the runway is the boundary, for the reason given. You have to have a target and if you miss that target even by an inch you did NOT accomplish that final part of the mission, so you dont get the full credit. As to adding an inch, he could but whats the point? Next week someone will be asking for another inch, then the week following and so on.

So for a good landing stick it on the runway. Its an added challenge and makes it more fun for me.

As for landing gear up.....shame on you  :cool:  but if you must be sure you get your speed below 150 mph in most plane or you will just explode on touching down.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2023, 09:09:34 AM »
Lol this is much more of a parody gripe than anything I care about!  :rolleyes:

I’ve scraped plenty of metal on the asphalt!

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2023, 12:20:48 PM »
Getting a "Ditch" on your score card is the price you pay for making the groundskeepers fix your divots.   :old:
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2023, 04:56:13 PM »
Getting a "Ditch" on your score card is the price you pay for making the groundskeepers fix your divots.   :old:

"Fix your Divots"  should be a new Sign on a post along with "Get off may lawn" at each runway  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2023, 05:27:17 PM »
I remember Hitech talking about it once and he said the runway is the boundary, for the reason given. You have to have a target and if you miss that target even by an inch you did NOT accomplish that final part of the mission, so you dont get the full credit. As to adding an inch, he could but whats the point? Next week someone will be asking for another inch, then the week following and so on.

So for a good landing stick it on the runway. Its an added challenge and makes it more fun for me.

As for landing gear up.....shame on you  :cool:  but if you must be sure you get your speed below 150 mph in most plane or you will just explode on touching down.

Exactly!!   You have to set a line.  This topic came up in KOTH, :blank: , regarding the altitude cap being ‘at’ 6k and just how long above it you needed to be to consider yourself ‘out of bounds’ and DQ yourself.

Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54