Author Topic: Masters of the Air  (Read 223 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Masters of the Air
« on: June 29, 2023, 07:48:42 AM »
Rumor is next month.

Not thrilled about having to sign up with AppleTV, but I wanted to check out the Foundation series too, so I'll binge and cancel.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2640044/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_6_nm_2_q_masters%2520of%2520tj

I just hope it's better that The Pacific.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Masters of the Air
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023, 08:18:30 AM »
The Pacific wasn't even bad. It just can't measure up in comparison to the masterpiece that Band of Brothers is.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2023, 08:21:01 AM »
The Pacific wasn't even bad. It just can't measure up in comparison to the masterpiece that Band of Brothers is.

Both were superb, but I had to watch The Pacific twice before I realized how good it was.  If MOTA is half that good, I'll be pleased.

- oldman

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2023, 08:27:58 AM »
I've been on AppleTV for a year or so, waiting for this to drop.  I have it on my 'Up Next' list but it is still only showing "At a later date' for it.

Foundation was quite interesting and well-done I though; the next season drops in July.

Also, really, really enjoyed Gary Oldman in "Slow Horses".   The first two seasons of Ted Lasso were great also, but the 3rd season is getting panned and I haven't looked at it yet.

There's enough to keep you engaged while you wait for Masters.   I've heard its really focused on the B-17 bomber crew as a unit, and what they went though together.  It should be good.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2023, 08:33:56 AM »

True.  That is a REALLY high bar.  I just expected better from that team.  Anyone else this would have rated good.  But we have to grade the BoB team on a steep curve. ;)

I can't even put my finger on it.

I guess it would have been better to stick with one group of guys so you could build some sense of investment.  It was not focused enough scattered all over. 
In BoB you spent so much time with those same guys all the way from boot, you just felt like you were in Easy company with them.

And the whole love story plot line. Yawn. ;)

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2023, 08:38:12 AM »
I've heard its really focused on the B-17 bomber crew as a unit, and what they went though together.  It should be good.

That would be a smart move.  Stay focused.  Get the viewer really feel they know those guys and care if they live or die.

By the end of BoB I felt I really knew those characters.

Also, I don't intend to be mean, but I just didn't get the feel that The Pacific cast carried the same gravitas.  They seemed like whinny light weights.

But I may have been to hard on it.  BoB is like a once in a generation achievement.  I hope MOTA taps into what made BoB so great.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2023, 08:52:05 AM »
Hopefully @hitech attempts to capitalize on this commercially.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2023, 11:54:41 AM »
Only watched a few episodes of The Foundation series, didn't care for it. Will hafta resubscribe though for Masters of the Air.

Had high hopes for the The Foundation series as it has long been one of my favorite book series.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Peabody

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2023, 11:58:01 AM »
Looking forward to watching it.