Author Topic: Scot Peterson  (Read 306 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
Scot Peterson
« on: June 30, 2023, 11:20:45 AM »
 He has been found not guilty of failing to protect students. While he held  his position other officer went into school seeking the shooter. I think he utterly failed to do his job as a Police Officer, unlike the two officers in Tenn. who ran toward gunfire at the Christian school and engaged the shooter!
 I can't help but think he took the job as low risk to ride out his time and retire. When the time came to step up he was not prepared  to do his job.
AkCaine

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Scot Peterson
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2023, 11:49:19 AM »
The verdict was correct

The local sheriff threw him under the bus from the beginning to take the heat off their poor response

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023, 11:58:51 AM »
IN
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2023, 05:01:32 PM »
Hope he doesn't forget the bodies that piled up while he was hiding.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2023, 06:01:43 PM »

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2023, 10:19:16 PM »
Remember that we were not on the jury.

- oldman

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2023, 09:39:33 AM »
Please note I do not agree with peterson's actions in the least. IMO the way to find out where the shots are coming from is to get your bellybutton inside and look for the problem, not stand outside of the building waiting. "New" LEO doctrine is to go in, even alone, and confront the shooter ASAP, and I agree with that.

I did not follow the case as it went through trial. I did see a brief video about the verdict. From the beginning of the prosecution I felt they might have been "reaching" with the criminal charges. I do know that the defense cost him everything he had (that kind of thing runs well into 6 figures) and the future wrongful death suits will do even more financial damage to him and his estate, if any.

Frankly I do not feel sorry for him. I do not doubt that he had rather died during the incident than to go through the destruction of his reputation and life. He will also live with his decision for every day of his life.

Every person has that doubt as to how they will react when the shots go both directions. Even with significant Military training, Soldiers maintain that fear that they will screw up until they pass that particular event. Their training emphasizes teamwork, not doing things alone. It's no different for LEO's or other folks, especially when confronted with it by yourself. There is no one to help boost you mentally in the right direction. Again, IMO, he failed to do what he should have and I am honestly surprised he has not "eaten his gun" yet.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2023, 12:58:23 PM »
Law enforcement is no longer the profession it once was. It has long been infested with politicians, and that infestation is approaching critical mass, or in many places, exceeding it. More than 1/2 of those entering or even in the profession are not in it to serve and protect the public. Politics not only allows people in that shouldn't be, it promotes them, and protects them. It keeps the professionals who would serve down. It prevents the proper training and culling. it's not uncommon to see them 50#+ overweight, and unable to even direct traffic in the heat for a 1/2 hour without nearing heat stroke. Most of them can't shoot. they have no idea how to respond to a situation. The job is difficult enough if you are in it to do it properly, for the right reason, you're well trained, in decent shape, and reasonably well equipped. Over half of law enforcement is none of the above. There are exceptions, and God bless them.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe