Author Topic: GVbases  (Read 638 times)

Online 1ijac

• Silver Member
GVbases
« on: June 30, 2023, 04:58:57 PM »
    If players were able to spawn from any of the 4 vehicle hangers at a Vbase, it could add a whole new dynamic to defending a Vbase.  As it stands now, one vehicle can camp the 1 spawn hanger.  It gives the base defenders a better fighting chance and makes it more challenging for the aggressors.   More fighting.

Cheers  One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: GVbases
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2023, 06:58:53 PM »
Like it!
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2023, 02:54:28 AM »
Agreed.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2023, 07:27:41 AM »
 :aok

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2023, 09:24:33 AM »
I feel like this used to happen in some manner waaaaayyyyy back in the day.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2023, 09:39:20 AM »
A couple of the newer maps have a spawn close to the base that provides an option for defense.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2023, 02:56:19 PM »
    If players were able to spawn from any of the 4 vehicle hangers at a Vbase, it could add a whole new dynamic to defending a Vbase.  As it stands now, one vehicle can camp the 1 spawn hanger.  It gives the base defenders a better fighting chance and makes it more challenging for the aggressors.   More fighting.

Cheers  One-eye

Why not the same for airfields, with fighter and bomber hangers?  The same thing can currently happen there as well.  Someone camps the runway while another camps the hanger.  Sure it is easier to get an aircraft trying to take off, but at least it is some option to try and take off.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2023, 03:03:09 PM »
Why not the same for airfields, with fighter and bomber hangers?  The same thing can currently happen there as well.  Someone camps the runway while another camps the hanger.  Sure it is easier to get an aircraft trying to take off, but at least it is some option to try and take off.

You already have the option to do this unless I’m missing something? You can select a runway direction or the hanger.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2023, 03:13:44 PM »
You already have the option to do this unless I’m missing something? You can select a runway direction or the hanger.

While technically you do have 3 avenues (for a small field), from what I remember it is still very easy for one person to more or less camp a spot that allows them to blast any aircraft taking off from any spot on an airfield.  Allowing a person to have the option to take off from each of the hangers would make it a bit harder, as if I still remember correctly, would be more difficult to have a clear line to all hangers while keeping the strips themselves locked down by one person on a large airfield.  Small fields would still be a bit difficult.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2023, 08:28:05 AM »
My solution was to spawn from another base and drive in to defend.    Worked great until changes here made tactics and strategy useless.