Author Topic: The real reason Prigozhin gave up the rebellion.  (Read 368 times)

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
The real reason Prigozhin gave up the rebellion.
« on: July 01, 2023, 11:11:02 AM »
To me it seems pretty obvious. They, MOD/Putin, threatened to use chemical weapons on the Wagner convoys. Priggy was aware of this possibility of course. A month or two before mutiny  he had even mentioned it in one of his rants. Something to the effect of these sickos would even probably use wmd’s on Russian territory to stop a rebellion. Everybody worrying about Russia deploying tactical nukes.., why on earth would they irradiate their land when they possess the ultimate set of chemical weapons? Does anybody believe that the neosoviets wouldn’t use chemical weapons to save Moscow and themselves? The Russians categorized this as an anti terrorist operation. Meaning special rules different from warfare rules. Remember the Bolshoi?
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Re: The real reason Prigozhin gave up the rebellion.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2023, 12:12:27 PM »
given the amount of corruption in soviet russia, wagner would have a good chance of getting some of these themselves and could use them in a counterattack. But since they probably have none, they had no chance but to stop. But if they had some themselves, I could see them pressing and then counterattacking with same weapons
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2023, 12:34:11 PM »
after this thread gets locked, you're welcome to read/discuss it here. We have a 13 page thread about the coup

https://icecreamonmars.com/index.php?thread/1457-russia-coup-2023/&pageNo=1
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2023, 12:37:03 PM »
gg you still flying in the MA?? :headscratch:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2023, 12:38:56 PM »
not flying. Canceled the sub a couple months ago.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2023, 12:54:20 PM »
I don’t know that Wagner had the equipment or the training to fight in an nbc environment. Probably not.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2023, 01:12:25 PM »
Feels like pooty tang is getting ready to retire. Just scroll the picture captions in this article, he has whacked at least 30 oligarchs in the last couple years.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12247271/amp/Vice-president-Russian-bank-falls-death-Moscow-apartment-latest-mysterious-fatality.html
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2023, 01:27:53 PM »
Hi
 :rolleyes:
Bye
 :bolt:
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2023, 02:55:28 PM »
Priggy might be a thug but he seems to care about the people under his control and they see it.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2023, 09:36:10 AM »
I never thought this was going to be a real rebellion. I always figured it was a more direct negotiating tactic for more support and funding. Mercs like getting paid.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2023, 09:42:07 AM »
I think he could have toppled the government if he'd continued for just a few more days

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2023, 02:43:47 PM »
Probably a set up the way I see it for Putin to find out who was really loyal to the fight. Which is why he arrested the commanded of the airforce and the other guy. Who really knows. I never buy the chemical weapons take because it's always used in the media as a "hand forcer excuse" the way I see it.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2023, 06:04:00 PM »
Russian mindset... Impossible to understan. I've been there over 30 times and I can tell you, they live in different world. They have no clue what is life when there's nobody dictating. They seem to be afraid of that kind of life.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2023, 02:48:36 AM »
given the amount of corruption in soviet russia, wagner would have a good chance of getting some of these themselves and could use them in a counterattack. But since they probably have none, they had no chance but to stop. But if they had some themselves, I could see them pressing and then counterattacking with same weapons
Not the Bolshoi, it was a different theater. The bigger issue is Wagner had no defense against nbc weapons. No decon no alarms no filters no chemical recon no chemical corps. Wagner wouldn’t have need or want of chemical weapons either. He didn’t have the wherewithal to be responsible for them and he didn’t harbor any ambitions of being the world’s biggest pariah without a country. He rebelled because he was facing life in prison. It was his only choice really. He knew mutiny is always a succeed or die decision. And no it wasn’t fake or staged. He declared his intentions and acted on them. He killed every Russian that got in his way just like he said he would. He would have succeeded. He enjoyed more popular support than Putin. The Leftover Russian military hardliners that wouldn’t have joined him had no conventional means to thwart him. His family was secured beforehand, anticipating the obvious. But he was stopped cold and suddenly. It must’ve been some serious leverage the enemy had on him. Well, put two and two together, eliminate the impossibilities…. Yeah, they brokered a peace deal with the kremlin. The terms were, surrender and we won’t pour chemical weapons on your convoys. He engaged in high treason. He won’t be able to hide, his only hope is a sympathetic FSB.