Author Topic: New wireless headset mic delay  (Read 276 times)

Offline AusMedic

• Zinc Member
New wireless headset mic delay
« on: July 01, 2023, 04:31:12 PM »
G'day gurus. I bought a new wireless headset and when I press T or F12 to chat, I have to hold them down for about 3 seconds before anyone can hear me. Is there a setting to prevent the delay?

Cheers

Offline wilkinsonwilfrid

• Zinc Member
      • geometry dash
Re: New wireless headset mic delay
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 10:41:05 PM »
Good day! There might be a connection between the push-to-talk (PTT) settings in your voice communication app and the delay you're feeling with your wireless headset. In order to fix the delay, you can do the following:

Verify the preferences on the program where you're doing audio chats (like Discord, TeamSpeak, or any number of others). Try to find a preference that has anything to do with voice activation or push-to-talk.

Modify the Push-to-Talk Sensitivity: You can modify the push-to-talk sensitivity in several applications. If you want a faster response from the microphone, you can try lowering the sensitivity. Search the app for options to adjust the sensitivity or delay.

Keep Your Wireless Headset Drivers Up-to-Date: Always use the most recent drivers for your wireless headset. You can find the latest driver updates by visiting the manufacturer's website or by using the software that came with the headset.

Updates to the Firmware: See whether your wireless headset has any accessible firmware updates. On occasion, manufacturers will release updates that fix performance problems.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: New wireless headset mic delay
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2024, 02:56:31 AM »
Plenty of good hints from Wilkinsonwilfrid there.

For AH Voice, check if you have other apps that use your microphone running in the background, including Edge and Copilot. Also shut down any voice apps that may use the same keys to trigger the microphone. Further, if there's a software included for your new headset, any voice enhancing systems can cause some input delay not to mention the ones that make you sound like someone else.

And finally, especially if you're playing other games with communication ability, do a Restart for Windows before starting a new game. Restart (not Shutdown and normal start unless you keep the Shift button pressed while clicking Shutdown) will clean all settings so there won't be any leftovers interfering in the background.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni