Author Topic: Engine sound over music challenge  (Read 209 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Engine sound over music challenge
« on: July 12, 2023, 01:17:07 PM »
Doing a new video with engine sound being about 80-90% of the audio. Kinda like a Harley sound, its a music.

This really changes my procedure of recording AHFV at .40x to add a lot more fps (smoothness), but resetting proper speed at 1.60x in end-product changes pitch and rpm of the sound of the engine and guns way too much. Its no longer authentic audio.

I can readjust pitch in Vegas, but not rpm,

Trying to devise a better system to keep audio in line.

If you’re just going to play the film as one piece one can first save to avi and wav, discard the avi BEFORE changing speeds, and reinsert the wav file once speed was restored. Smoother vid and authentic audio.

If the film is going to have many cuts this becomes a lot of work. Why sound designers get awards for movie soundtracks.

I can reverse the math and record at .60x and then restore at 1.40x, less speed difference in audio speed. Still sucks. not 100% authentic, just less noticeable, but still noticeable.  Adding fps is important in my book, so coming up with a newer process is mandatory. Adding fps is all about smoother and clear detail.

I always have ears for ideas, if anyone has one.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 01:39:40 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Re: Engine sound over music challenge
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2023, 09:47:56 AM »
Whata beast.
Every shot has to be made twice
1) at 1x for the realtime sound file
2) in slow motion to allow the game to draw full detail,

Then, run the slow mo in Vegas at ABOUT 2.70x and replace that sound file with the 1x sound file. The alignment was perfect.

I got great results in both vid detail and clarity and realtime full engine and gun sound. Its just 2-3x the work.
This will take time.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Engine sound over music challenge
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2023, 10:32:29 AM »
I think it'll be worth it.  Looking forward to seeing the results!