Author Topic: Fun in MNM  (Read 202 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Fun in MNM
« on: July 19, 2023, 01:15:00 PM »
Monday Night Madness, every Monday 8pm CST in SEA2 is a very fun event that does help one get better at certain aspects as well as have an hour of intense fun.

There are very few rules which are clearly explained, one being the request to not HO others.  It happens, sure, but it's not constant. The films are typically how I fly and make judgement calls on taking shots.

Here are some examples that may help you see the difference between a "don't take a HO shot" and "takes a shot that may look like a HO but isn't. You'll also get a glimpse into the MNM arena, however you will not see the haze/fog layers we see or the reduced icon ranges in play.)

These films are from June and early July, since only 4 can be posted in any response, I will post 4 each in the next few replies with a little info on what to look for.  You are welcome to ask any questions.

I'm sure others can post films showing what a HO actually looks like (I posted one of me doing one, my bad, but I'll claim reflexes. At least I found 1.)

Here are the first 4 (most are under 3-4 mins):

The film titles are kind of self-explanatory. Notice the nose to nose solutions where I do not fire, and look at the ones where I do. 

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Fun in MNM
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2023, 01:18:23 PM »
MNM can get busy at times. Lots of fun.

Here are the next 4 (most are under 3-4 mins):

The film titles are kind of self-explanatory. Notice the nose to nose solutions where I do not fire, and look at the ones where I do.

The third one in this is a HO that is no-no-ish, but I had 3 cons in close range so I plead reflexes.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2023, 01:22:18 PM »
SA.... gunnery, quick snap judgments, and so much buildings, not all of which are real... insane fun.
Here are the last 4 (most are under 3-4 mins):

The very last one is the MNM where I figured out the lethality settings had been changed (note how I level out and fly thru some fake buildings while confirming settings via clipboard) and still avoided HOs until forced to ram at the end, lol. I still lost.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2023, 07:11:05 PM »
Did you rename these films, or is this HO paranoia resulting back to before you were called out for it recently?

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2023, 07:27:09 PM »
They're clips from probably about 6-8 films over 3 recent MNM... yes renamed to show what should happen (holding nose to nose shots) and shots that may seem to be HO based on another's in the moment perspective. You'll even notice the pattern of my flying fits in with exactly how I described it in that other thread, holding nose to nose (HO) and taking crossing under shots (not HO.)

If people are making valid claims, I'm always open to correction, maybe even more so as I show I do indeed know what a HO is.

Just saying something doesn't make it true. 

Did you rename these films, or is this HO paranoia resulting back to before you were called out for it recently?