Author Topic: Noticeable change to the damage model of bombers  (Read 946 times)

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
Noticeable change to the damage model of bombers
« on: July 20, 2023, 08:13:09 PM »
In the past week or two I have noticed a significant increase in critical damage to american bombers. In the past, bombers were tanks capable of receiving significant amount of lead before taking critical damage. Those days are long gone. Critical damage from both 50 cal and cannon rounds are the new normal. I've been studying it ever since I started to notice the change. At first, I assumed it was just players hitting their shots. The smoking gun is decking town. If I was to make a guess I would have to say there was at least a 50% decrease in overall durability and a 50% increase in critical damage received.

So for those who say Dale hasn't touched this game in years  :neener:

:cheers:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 09:00:25 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Noticeable change in the damage model to bombers
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2023, 08:14:49 PM »
Did HT confirm he made a change?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2023, 08:23:30 PM »
It couldn't be that you've been lucky until recently and things are just regressing to the mean. Clearly HiTech has had enough of your crap and has decided the best way to deal with you is to make your bombers take less damage. That must be it...  :rolleyes:
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2023, 08:26:36 PM »
In the past week or two I have noticed a significant increase in critical damage to american bombers. In the past bombers were tanks capable of receiving significant amount of lead before taking critical damage. Those days are long gone. Critical damage from both 50 cal and cannon rounds are the new normal. I've been studying it ever since I started to notice the change. At first, I assumed it was just players hitting their shots. The smoking gun is decking town. If I was to make a guess I would have to say there was at least a 50% decrease in overall durability and a 50% increase in critical damage received.

Your welcome   :cheers:

I haven't flown much lately, as work decides that. When I was, I noticed a P-51 is almost useless in taking down a buff. I've heard others complain in the past about buffs taking too much lead.

Those two numbers (50%) would be the same, depending on how you squint your eyes.

I have no clue if HT touched anything, but if so, IMO that may have been needed. I have doubts he'd be that drastic at 50% change. I could seeing 10% at a time.

I guess my question would be, what are you basing your findings on?
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Noticeable change to the damage model of bombers
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2023, 09:43:46 PM »
I noted FT remarking on it in two ways:

1) More engine fires from players
2) town ack seemed harsher

1) I think people are also learning the 24 weakspots (engines) and are possibly targeting them more.
2) I notice on some maps the town acks seem meaner than others.

It's unlikely HT would make any unpublished changes and any setting changes (such as ack lethality) could be easily discernable via clipboard.

I think Devil was correct in that FT just got caught in the ouchy bucket the last few go arounds.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2023, 10:11:47 PM »
Lancasters

Offline TryHard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2023, 12:55:13 AM »
I think the AI ack ack guns are hackers

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2023, 06:26:12 AM »
Good - they are unrealistic imo

If they were that deadly the need for fighter cover would not have been so urgent

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2023, 06:47:49 AM »
Nothing changed. People just started not blindly attacking you anymore. You have put so much attention i yourself lately that most people, myself included, changed our tactics with you and 42 accounts.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Kini

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2023, 09:24:25 AM »
Nothing changed. People just started not blindly attacking you anymore. You have put so much attention i yourself lately that most people, myself included, changed our tactics with you and 42 accounts.

:rock

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2023, 09:57:51 AM »
It couldn't be that you've been lucky until recently and things are just regressing to the mean. Clearly HiTech has had enough of your crap and has decided the best way to deal with you is to make your bombers take less damage. That must be it...  :rolleyes:

:rofl :rofl :rofl

The B24 has always been subject to fires especially when hit in the wing roots,just like the real thing! Also as with all A/C a good shot into the cockpit will cause the plane to explode when the pilot has Been killed.

On the other hand Devil might be on to something… :bolt:

<S>

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2023, 11:02:13 AM »

I doubt it.  Nothing in the change log.  I don't think HT would fold to whiners.  That would be insanely unprofessional and out of character.

Look on the bright side.  If they are climbing up to shoot you down, they are now forced to play your game.  You are now in control of the engagement.  If they are up there, they are not down low protecting their fields.  But they have no choice or you will turn their lights out.  You own them now.  Buy more machines.  Open more accounts. Rock on.  ;)

« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 12:16:02 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2023, 08:54:58 AM »
No change was made.

HiTech

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2023, 09:37:46 AM »
No change was made.

HiTech

Howdy HiTech

Glad to see you up and about sir!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2023, 12:16:54 AM »
In the past week or two I have noticed a significant increase in critical damage to american bombers. In the past, bombers were tanks capable of receiving significant amount of lead before taking critical damage. Those days are long gone. Critical damage from both 50 cal and cannon rounds are the new normal. I've been studying it ever since I started to notice the change. At first, I assumed it was just players hitting their shots. The smoking gun is decking town. If I was to make a guess I would have to say there was at least a 50% decrease in overall durability and a 50% increase in critical damage received.

:cheers:
Must be the drugs....yer self proclaimed homeboi sure stomped out this idea abruptly