Author Topic: Ultimate Sound Pack: v2.0  (Read 1264 times)

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
Ultimate Sound Pack: v2.0
« on: May 29, 2001, 03:08:00 PM »
Sure, I go and post a link in General but not here on the Sounds board! Gotta stop drinking decaf!!!

Readme and download links

A few notes:

1) I know the Il-2's engine has a glitch in it. Annoying beyond belief to me, but you'll probably just think "it gives it character".

2) You should stick a copy of your sounds folder in another directory since the master download will replace every-single-sound in the AH "sounds" directory. No more losing sounds because you killed the directory. If you don't want to keep anything in the sounds directory, tell it to overwrite without confirmation before hitting "Extract".

3) A 1.5 meg patch can be had which will update the old sound pack to the new one.

4) The site I'm using as a download location will be dead on Friday, so the master download will only be around until Thursday. After that, you have to grab the old sound pack then patch the sucker. I'll move the patch to a different server and update the links Thursday morning.

5) I'll try bribing Ronni into sticking the master downloads and a new readme on the HTC site so they aren't lost for good.

[ 06-15-2001: Message edited by: flakbait ]

Offline Geeb

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2001, 03:42:00 PM »
Gotem & they are GREAT!!! ty

Offline Betown

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ecomm-net.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2001, 11:58:00 AM »
Just tried to get them and found that the links where broken. Date is the 15 Feb 2001 & 6:08pm GMT

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2001, 04:04:00 PM »
HTC is hosting them now. I corrected the above link so it points at the correct readme now. You can download from that link or the HTC downloads page. Just go to the bottom and hit the "flakbait" link on HTC's page.

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
Delta Six's Flight School
Put the P-61B in Aces High
"With all due respect Chaplian, I don't think God wants to hear from me right now.
I'm gonna go out there and remove one of His creations from this universe.
And when I get back I'm gonna drink a bottle of Scotch like it was Chiggy von
Richthofen's blood and celebrate his death."
Col. McQueen, Space: Above and Beyond

Offline samu1

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.sammu01.clara.net
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2001, 07:14:00 AM »
hi,
BTW GREAT sound mod, WTG. Secondly, the dl link on your page for the update patch is down, and there doesn't appear to be a link to the patch download on the HTC's version of your site.

Thanks for your time and effort  :)

Sam

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2001, 02:31:00 AM »
I had to pull the patch since the site hosting it went out of business.

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
"With all due respect Chaplian, I don't think God wants to hear from me right now.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2001, 01:29:00 PM »
just wanted to give a big <S!> flakbait!  You singlehandedly increased my enjoyment of Aces High when I installed your sound packs!  With the DX8 beta, WOW!!!  Flak and explosions are fantastic!!!!!!!!!
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2001, 03:01:00 AM »
<S> Flakbait. I want you to know that I enjoy the pack 1 very much.

Unfortunately, the links are now broken   :( .
Can you tell me where or how I can download the pack 2?? (I NEED THE TYPHOON SOUNDS BAAAAAAAAD   :mad: ).

Thanks a lot,

Once again <S>,
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2001, 05:33:00 AM »
I'll get the links fixed, but the download location is the same:

HTC Hosted Version

They've got the patch too. It's here

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
"For yay did the sky darken, and split open and spew forth fire, and
through the smoke rode the Four Wurgers of the Apocalypse.
And on their canopies was tattooed the number of the Beast, and the
number was 190." Jedi, Verse Five, Capter Two, The Book of Dweeb

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2001, 05:43:00 AM »
I'll get the links fixed, but the download location is the same:

HTC Hosted Version

They've got the patch too. It's here

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
"For yay did the sky darken, and split open and spew forth fire, and
through the smoke rode the Four Wurgers of the Apocalypse.
And on their canopies was tattooed the number of the Beast, and the
number was 190." Jedi, Verse Five, Capter Two, The Book of Dweeb

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2001, 02:10:00 PM »
Thanks, Flakbait....

Downloaded it at work...Can't wait to try this at home!!

de Selys
Airman
332nd Flying Mongrels
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline DB603

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2001, 09:03:00 PM »
S!

Must also give kudos to Flakbait(and other's involved) about this nice sound pack.Great job! :D

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2001, 02:16:00 PM »
Hi there,

I need help here. Please type slowly and use small words for the puter challenged.

I downloaded both of the sound packs. Here is my problem. After installation I still heard the default sounds and now there is a hesitation whenever I fire. The screen stops and sound cuts out briefly. Sometimes this happens when I am not firing. How do I get the sounds in each plane's folder to play wen I use that plane???

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2001, 06:41:00 AM »
Well Mav, it smells like you accidently installed the pack to the wrong directory. At least that's my initial impression. There's a button next to the path box, sorta like this:

Extract to: C:\Program Files\HTC\Aces High\sounds ...

The three dots on the end of that path box let you troll around your computer for the Aces High directory. Once you've found it, keep going until you see the sounds folder. Just highlight it (one click) and hit OK; that tells the installer where to stick the beast. I take it you've been using the default sounds, so tell it to overwrite the existing files. There's a radio button just under a long list of file names labeled "Overwrite". Put the dot next to that and whack "Extract", it'll install them.

I don't know why there'd be a pause in firing or any general glitches. I'm running the slowest computer here, with all 376 sounds, and nary a hiccup yet from it. You could try playing around with sound card acceleration, but I don't know how you'd do that. Pester Bloom or Leph about it and one of the two should be able to help you.

Before you go messing with the sound card, make sure you installed the thing to the correct directory. If that's not it, then either your system or AH doesn't like the idea of using my sounds. I honestly don't know what could cause this problem, let alone how to fix it. Those who have reported a similar glitch apparently found a cure and never said what it was. Either they got rid of my pack (by installing AH again) or they found a fix.

A few tips, just to make sure everything is running smoothly:

1) Set the sound mixer in AH to default, with explosion and flak blast sounds to 100%. Gives a nice floor vibration when you really crank the volume. You can either delete the "sounds.cfg" file in the settings folder, or manually reset them. Personally, I just kill the sounds.cfg file and let AH make a new one.

2) Hopefully you've got a sub-woofer, if not buy one! A great trick to use is to play your favorite music LOUD; you can get the sub-woofer's volume set just right by doing this. If you've got a copy of a game with really loud explosions, like Quake 2 (not kidding here!) then use it.

3) As usual, make sure you've got a good set of drivers and that nothing else is using the sound card when you play. I know quite a few people here who run an MP3 player while flying. Nothing better to screw up your audio experience, or slow down your system. Using the CD player is something I do all the time, and I've yet to encounter any problems.

And Mav, feel free to e-mail me if you need further help. delta6@bigfoot.com

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]