Author Topic: Here we go again  (Read 1034 times)

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
Here we go again
« on: August 03, 2023, 11:41:24 AM »
3 min video, using shadowplay on nvidia cards is kind of cool - I should use it more while flying so you can better see in-game views and effects of pulling Gs than ah film viewer displays.

But I disgress... this video (any player should play it) shows the entire dialogue after I logged in the game and then apparently got .rpt'd for something... kind of struggling to see what, maybe someone here can point it out? This is what my ankle deals with. Pavlov is nodding in sage understanding.

https://streamable.com/ho4jin   
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 11:49:32 AM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: Here we go again
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2023, 12:22:07 PM »
Wow 200's something of a toilet now then. I've been watching the numbers today, when it reached about 27 players J0ker was online. How many of the 27 were Bish clustered around him and hordeing?

Just an observation from a friend (or pseudo-friend at least) why don't you just let this ideological fight go? It's not a good kind of energy for yourself and trust me - they're unable to understand. They fly in a horde to balance their own challenge-to-ego ratio and it will be a pretty big denominator. An old player used to say to me: "Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and win on experience". I know all too well how frustrating those kinds can be. Just consider yourself also. A hiding to nothing, this path is.  :salute
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2023, 12:40:09 PM »
I hear what you're saying, but no.  The underpinnings of all my ch200 stuff comes down to: fair play, effort and honesty - integrity (game) if you will.

My smack is always game related until players veer out of their lanes and try to do the kinds of non-game baiting/insulting you see. Meh, I have a thick skin and can play that game.  I've been told to ignore it, so I ask, why don't the anklehumpers ignore me?  I mock player A's effort and players B-F are all over my ankle with a crazy amount of mundane childish insults.  There's a group of players who really give clarity to the meaning of Snowflake Karen.

(Here's a hilarious irony: the people who think I have mental issues are the ones who keep poking at me. What does that truly indicate, lol.)

So, when people start to lie and misrepresent things about me, or others - I can generally prod them enough to expose an underlying hypocrisy. These are things that need a principled pushback. Otherwise, the bullies win.

There was a time when HTC had the resources to deal with such abuses - not so today. 

No one is ever forced to respond to anything I've ever said.

I'll continue to pushback against mob mentality/rule.

Wow 200's something of a toilet now then. I've been watching the numbers today, when it reached about 27 players J0ker was online. How many of the 27 were Bish clustered around him and hordeing?

Just an observation from a friend (or pseudo-friend at least) why don't you just let this ideological fight go? It's not a good kind of energy for yourself and trust me - they're unable to understand. They fly in a horde to balance their own challenge-to-ego ratio and it will be a pretty big denominator. An old player used to say to me: "Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and win on experience". I know all too well how frustrating those kinds can be. Just consider yourself also. A hiding to nothing, this path is.  :salute
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 12:42:50 PM by Shane »
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2023, 02:14:10 PM »

There seems to be a small group of players who tend to stink up Ch. 200 with endless negative drivel, banter., and undue drama. Not always bat crap crazy.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2023, 03:49:45 PM »
Shoot them down, salute and fly to the next red plane

200 is a waste past that

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2023, 11:39:18 PM »
Pretty depressing really that some people use online games to vent their vitriolic unprocessed daily emotions but it seems to be a growth industry. I've got embroiled in verbal conflicts myself, mostly motivated by someone asserting their values over yours or forcing you to conform to their personal reality. I think I need not explain I'm not too perfectly aligned with convention  :rofl

Just look after your own soul along the way  :aok
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2023, 06:01:03 AM »
People coming at me and ending up running for help applies to ch200 as much as it does airframes. I've been doing this for years, as far back as Air Warrior - people had thicker skins in the past. And in all that time I had a handful of mod popups and filter popups but never dealt with abuse of the .rpt - until this go-around. I know where the lines are, but it seems some players want to Karenize them.

My soul is fine - and it will be getting a nice recharge in a few weeks at Burning Man, which is everything and nothing like you've seen/heard.  :aok

Pretty depressing really that some people use online games to vent their vitriolic unprocessed daily emotions but it seems to be a growth industry. I've got embroiled in verbal conflicts myself, mostly motivated by someone asserting their values over yours or forcing you to conform to their personal reality. I think I need not explain I'm not too perfectly aligned with convention  :rofl

Just look after your own soul along the way  :aok

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2023, 07:26:22 AM »
Yes ppl are wimpier today than yesterday

They can't take a joke

Can't fix Karen

Sooooo stay off 200 unless you want to rinse and repeat this same complaint for infinity...

<S>

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2023, 08:41:40 AM »
Shane, I don't dislike you, nor do I think your always wrong. On occasion you bring up some good points. What I see is you get on an issue and you beat the horse till its dead, then you beat it until the body is gone. That obsession drives me to squelch you. Let your flying skills speak for themselves, you don't need to tell everyone your the best or declare how you are the only player with integrity. Actions speak louder than words.

Your flying skills, from my unskilled position, would benefit a lot of us that struggle with air to air tactics and ACM. If I'm in a fighter, for the most part, I am just flying bait. I know that I don't need you, or anyone else for that matter, telling me that. What I need is for you, if your so inclined, to tell me what I am doing wrong and help me improve my flying skills.

There, rant over. I wish you the best.  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2023, 09:07:39 AM »
Funnily enough, that's exactly what I used to do - help people get better in fighters. I have always used ego baiting to screen out those who are worth my time in helping; one must be willing to put aside ego because that's what it takes.

That strategy worked well when there were many more players than today.  You might argue, why continue the strategy today and you just answered it,- it's still valid. I even saw Zapkin make a similar comment in the video posted here. I will help anyone who sincerely asks, and as for the rest, I'll continue to step on their egos.

My strategy and rationale has remained consistent. All I ever do is toss out ego-hurting comments, "dweebs, slobberdonkeys, geldings, castrati, hordemonkey, hoboi, gunbunny, locusts and losers when these situations occur:  coming at me and running to help/ack because you got reversed, coming at me to only joust one pass haul ass, coming at me when I am engaged having a fun fight with someone and being the 3,4,th one in for the pick, flying in overwhelming numbers needlessly lessening fun. What do those situations have in common? A lack of effort and willingness to get better. It goes directly to what I've already said about game integrity.

You must be seeing (on ch2 and vox as well) the insults that are hurled my way that have nothing to do with game play.  This isn't anything new, what's new is that these very same people and a few others like PTBoP (he thinks i don't see him) who are mashing that manbaby button, not out of offense, but as a method of griefing me because I stepped on their egos with terms that are far from being offensive.

No one is ever forced to respond to anything I say. Yet you have numerous people I don't even engage with jumping on my ankle with insults and baiting and abusing the .rpt. I'm sure you've seen me go on about how I don't like hypocrites, especially a clique of them.

So, if you really want help, put aside your ego and ask, doesn't even have to be me really - I can name several players offhand who would be willing to help you - none of them are bish regulars, which is part of the problem, really.

Let me ask you - did you watch the video?

<edit: oh, and I actually have helped players recently with tactical tips and others with more general knowledge that doesn't seem to get shared - this is where the .rpt abuse becomes bs as it stops me from helping those who are asking for it.  And I have never, ever claimed or presented myself as being the best. Ever. This is what I mean about people projecting things onto me. Why do people focus on my words, not my actions?>

Shane, I don't dislike you, nor do I think your always wrong. On occasion you bring up some good points. What I see is you get on an issue and you beat the horse till its dead, then you beat it until the body is gone. That obsession drives me to squelch you. Let your flying skills speak for themselves, you don't need to tell everyone your the best or declare how you are the only player with integrity. Actions speak louder than words.

Your flying skills, from my unskilled position, would benefit a lot of us that struggle with air to air tactics and ACM. If I'm in a fighter, for the most part, I am just flying bait. I know that I don't need you, or anyone else for that matter, telling me that. What I need is for you, if your so inclined, to tell me what I am doing wrong and help me improve my flying skills.

There, rant over. I wish you the best.  :salute
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 09:28:01 AM by Shane »

Offline Kini

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2023, 09:44:48 AM »
This is getting very tiresome. Maybe it's time to disable 200 on the server level. I don't 200 because it's generally a cess pool and a distraction.

Flame away.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2023, 09:56:43 AM »
ch200 is 100% opt-in. You *have* to tune to it to see it; it's not a default setting in any way. 

Don't like ch200, don't tune it. Getting annoyed by some player on whatever channel? Use .squelch or simply ignore. Some player being truly offensive? Use .rpt in a consistent manner, not targeted griefing.

This is getting very tiresome. Maybe it's time to disable 200 on the server level. I don't 200 because it's generally a cess pool and a distraction.

Flame away.

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2023, 10:32:49 AM »
Players being able to communicate with one another is what makes a community. It's already severely restricted since cross-country PM was disabled, so ch200 is literally the only method of being able to talk to players on the other teams.

That lack of personal contact is why so many players develop animosity for players on the other side. If they could hear/talk to each other, they'd realize that the others are just like them, and not so bad after all.

Some of us actually enjoy the banter on 200. Granted, there are plenty that should go nowhere near it for their own good. For the rest of us, being called "weaksauce" isn't going to spoil our fun. In fact, it may just enhance it.

Shane clearly derives a great deal of his entertainment from that. As long as he stays within the rules, let him have that. Those that are disturbed by it have the .squelch option at their fingertips.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2023, 10:36:48 AM »
Those that are disturbed by it have the .squelch option at their fingertips.

Apparently they have .rpt at their fingertips as well. ;)

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2023, 01:08:02 PM »

That lack of personal contact is why so many players develop animosity for players on the other side. If they could hear/talk to each other, they'd realize that the others are just like them, and not so bad after all.

This is so true! I haven't really switched sides much since my return, but I used to enjoy switching sides and winging with different people.  And I've made a lot of friends over 200 banter as well.  One of my first days back online I went back and forth with Shane.  I thought it was funny and realized what he was doing.  I hate the fact that they removed PMs from the game as well. 

We all know nothing has really changed with 200.  It has always been the same way.  I think it is just more prevalent with the low numbers.  We all need to lighten up a little  :aok
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||