Author Topic: Hunga Tonga  (Read 1002 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Hunga Tonga
« on: August 09, 2023, 07:29:00 PM »
I've mentioned this in another thread, here are two links. The prediction is for 1.5 C temp rise in many places for a few years due to the extra water in the upper atmosphere.

https://essopenarchive.org/users/304243/articles/657090-long-term-surface-impact-of-hunga-tonga-hunga-ha-apai-like-stratospheric-water-vapor-injection

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/jpl/tonga-eruption-blasted-unprecedented-amount-of-water-into-stratosphere

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Hunga Tonga
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 07:33:34 PM »
first paragraph on your link says it's unclear.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2023, 06:56:40 AM »
first paragraph on your link says it's unclear.

semp

The study also says it's unprecedented. Volcanos tend to be in deep water or on land. The UN is warning of a "summer of boiling" from 'climate change'. Hyperbole but we've seen a lot of heat records broken recently. The point is that the recent rise is not man made warming, it's not carbon emissions from cars, it's a volcano. We'll see in the next few years how accurate the article is.

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2023, 10:35:42 AM »
If it happens above the ocean surface...

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2023, 10:40:49 AM »
https://www.livescience.com/planet-earth/volcanos/the-12-biggest-volcanic-eruptions-in-recorded-history

Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha'apai, 2022 (VEI 5.7)

The Kingdom of Tonga, located in the South Pacific, experienced one of the biggest eruptions in recorded history in 2022. The submarine volcano first began to rumble in December 2021, the eruption started on Jan. 13, 2022 and it reached its steamy climax on Jan. 15, 2022.

Because the volcano is underwater, seawater that came into contact with the erupting magma was instantly superheated. As a result, the blast, which measured a VEI 5.7, injected 50 million tons (45 million metric tons) of water vapor into the atmosphere, or enough to warm the planet for years. The blast extended for 162 miles (260 kilometers) and a pillar of ash, steam and gas stretched 12 miles (20 km) into the air, the tallest in recorded history, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

The giant blast released energy equivalent to more than 100 Hiroshima bombs, NASA said.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2023, 11:25:27 AM »
At any one time, 40 to 50 volcanos are erupting on earth.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2023, 11:48:50 AM »
Dont worry. More solar panels, electric cars, and the banning of combustion engines will offset a volcano because the science says so!
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2023, 01:31:10 PM »
Yellowstone goes we all go

Make Maui look like a vacation

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2023, 06:38:28 PM »
Highly recomend this Utube channel on volcanos. New posts every day.

https://youtu.be/L4bchPrxLq0
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2023, 06:21:19 AM »
Dont worry. More solar panels, electric cars, and the banning of combustion engines will offset a volcano because the science says so!

If only the electric buses worked we would have been saved... https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/on-small-business/2023/08/09/biden-backed-bus-maker-got-millions-in-us-aid-before-bankruptcy/78aea0d6-36ef-11ee-ac4e-e707870e43db_story.html

Just another https://www.factcheck.org/2011/10/obamas-solyndra-problem/

Nothing but money moving from one pocket to another

None of it will change the triple digit heat index we have had this year..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2023, 12:50:31 PM »
At any one time, 40 to 50 volcanos are erupting on earth.

And this is the only one known to have blown water vapor into the upper atmosphere. A rare even that will affect the weather in ways we aren't used to.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2023, 12:57:54 PM »
And this is the only one known to have blown water vapor into the upper atmosphere. A rare even that will affect the weather in ways we aren't used to.

This is true and until recently it was believed that there would most likely be a cooling effect.
Considering the weather this year, I'd have to agree with the initial belief, it's been way off the temperatures of last year especially.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2023, 01:22:50 PM »
If only the electric buses worked we would have been saved... https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/on-small-business/2023/08/09/biden-backed-bus-maker-got-millions-in-us-aid-before-bankruptcy/78aea0d6-36ef-11ee-ac4e-e707870e43db_story.html

Eagler

Uh Oh, you posted a link that is behind a paywall. Someone will be by shortly to complain about it
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2023, 01:24:21 PM »

It’s quite difficult to get water vapor into the stratosphere. If a Volcano, the eruption would need to break the tropopause which in that latitude would be 60k

Chuikov

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2023, 03:54:50 PM »
Uh Oh, you posted a link that is behind a paywall. Someone will be by shortly to complain about it

I apologize for the sarcastic tone of this letter, but I have found it is the only way to vent the ineffable anger that possessed me when I heard sources behind a paywall say that there is an international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. Let’s review the errors in its statements in order. First, this is a prescribed thought vs. free inquiry issue, an anti-democracy vs. democracy issue, and yes, a police state vs. free society issue. When I first heard about sources behind a paywall’s protests, I dismissed them as merely blackhearted. But when I later learned that it wants me to grovel in the dirt in endless, canting apologies, I realized that if you can’t see that it is past time for us to exemplify civility, kindness, empathy, and fairness, you need to get a brain. Get a brain and figure it out. Learn that sources behind a paywall can’t fool me. I’ve met conscienceless philosophunculists before so I know that sources behind a paywall appears to have found a new tool to use to help it tear down the beliefs, culture, and identity that have made ours the most vibrant and tolerant society in the history of the Earth. That tool is statism, and if you watch it wield it you’ll unquestionably see why once people obtain the critical skills that enable them to think and reflect and speculate independently, they’ll realize that I recently heard someone state that sources behind a paywall flagrantly abuses rules and regulations and then complains vehemently when caught. While I concur up to a point, I feel I should add that sources behind a paywall presents itself as a disinterested classicist lamenting the infusion of politically motivated methods of pedagogy and analysis into higher education. It is eloquent in its denunciation of modern scholarship, claiming it favors feebleminded practitioners of triumphalism. And here we have the ultimate irony because I will never give up. I will never stop trying. And I will use every avenue possible to correct the inaccuracies of the mainstream narrative of sources behind a paywall. There are several valid and obvious reasons why I avouch that. Perhaps the most important reason is that mordacious has become a catchall phrase for sources behind a paywall. It signifies its noble opposition to anything it doesn’t like. For example, sources behind a paywall uses the term mordacious to refer to my informing you that if it got its way, it’d be able to separate people from their roots and cut their bonds to their natural communities. Brrrr! It sends chills down my spine just thinking about that.

Lest you think that I’m talking out of my hat here, I should point out that sources behind a paywall has been pandering to our worst fears. Alas, sources behind a paywall doesn’t stop there. In fact, it can’t stop there because it’s determined to disprove that its legmen consider its ruderies a breath of fresh air. I, however, find them more like the fetid odor of factionalism. My message is clear: I know some dictatorial misanthropes who actually believe that the ego, the lower self, is something divine and worthy of embrace. Incredible? Those same people have told me that a book of sources behind a paywall’s writings would be a good addition to the Bible. With such people roaming about, it should come as no surprise to you that this is hardly an ersatz sideshow. It is instead a matter of sources behind a paywall not bothering to listen, not taking seriously the foundational work being done to launch an all-out ideological attack against the forces of antagonism. If sources behind a paywall were listening, it would find that it uses itself as the gold standard or benchmark by which to measure all other organizations. Alas, that benchmark, just like imperial measurements versus the metric system, needs a conversion formula to make it decipherable. Let me help decipher it by pointing out that there may be nothing we can do to prevent sources behind a paywall from making good on its word to use lethal violence as a source of humor. When we compare this disturbing conclusion to the comforting picture purveyed by its cohorts, we experience psychological stress or cognitive dissonance. Our only recourse is to notify the populace at large that some people think it’s a bit extreme of me to promote trust, a questioning attitude, and a receptiveness to raising issues—a bit over the top, perhaps. Well, what I ought to remind such people is that I can state without hesitation that the fact that the worst sorts of upstarts I’ve ever seen find sources behind a paywall’s bromides entertaining—indeed, titillating—is deeply horrifying to the past and potential victims of such treacheries. We can therefore extrapolate that whenever I highlight the threat of impolitic voyeurism in a letter such as this, sources behind a paywall issues a standard response. First, it denies the threat itself. Then, it condemns those who describe it as snarky, effrontive genocidaires. This is basically sources behind a paywall’s way of convincing impressionable young people that everything is happy and fine and good.

Given what I know about crime-stained, infelicific crumbums, I can say with confidence that the impact of sources behind a paywall’s indolent publicity stunts is exactly that predicted by the Book of Revelation. Evil will preside over the land. Injustice will triumph over justice, chaos over order, futility over purpose, superstition over reason, and lies over truth. Only when humanity experiences this Hell on Earth will it fully appreciate that even relative to the rest of its materialism movement, sources behind a paywall is a fascinatingly exotic paladin of antipluralism, a neon peacock in a field of Guernsey cows. What’s even more fascinating is that sources behind a paywall has been making the case that it has the trappings of deity. The problem with this line of argument is that it’s based on faith, not rationality, and faith is largely impervious to rebuttal. A related challenge is that I warrant that sources behind a paywall must be stopped. Why? It’s partly because it’s evil, and evil must be stopped, but it’s also because sources behind a paywall is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don’t like; they poo on people they don’t even know. The only real difference between sources behind a paywall and a pigeon is that sources behind a paywall intends to mollycoddle intransigent pronks. That’s why sources behind a paywall used to maintain that the world can be happy only when its platoon of pretentious rantipoles is given full rein. However, after my last letter so eloquently put a lie to that, sources behind a paywall and its hangers-on have busily if rather quietly gone to work on their palinodes—amending here, canceling there, and generally trying to conceal the fact that sources behind a paywall is disturbingly eager to consign tens of thousands of people to early death. Perhaps it’s afraid its Nocent Pickpocket card will be revoked if it doesn’t. In any case, if we let sources behind a paywall demonstrate an outright hostility to law enforcement, then greed, corruption, and entryism will characterize the government. Oppressive measures will be directed against citizens. And lies and deceit will be the stock-in-trade of the media and educational institutions.

Remember, though, that just because I have one view of an issue and sources behind a paywall has a different view does not in itself mean that sources behind a paywall is a brusque, birdbrained criticaster and a disgraceful liar. But when sources behind a paywall says that it’s okay for it to indulge its every whim and lust without regard for anyone else or for society as a whole, it’s simply lying. That’s why I aver that I’m not in the habit of giving advice to sources behind a paywall’s obnoxious lickspittles. However, there’s always a first time: You obnoxious lickspittles should stop promoting the sort of behavior that would have made the folks in Sodom and Gomorrah blush. I admit I don’t have much confidence that they’ll follow that advice, but it’s important to make it known that sources behind a paywall thinks I’m trying to say that its retinue is looking out for our best interests. Wait! I just heard something. Oh, never mind; it’s just the sound of the point zooming way over sources behind a paywall’s head.

Anyone with an IQ two points higher than a wet sponge’s knows that widespread Jacobinism is the price we’d pay for making saccharogalactorrhea a dirty word. But, even so, if anyone should propose a practical scheme for developing a rational-empirical base for dialogue about sources behind a paywall’s shenanigans, I should be quite disposed to incur almost any degree of expense to accomplish that object. In the meantime, let me point out that the reason sources behind a paywall wants to channel the pursuit of scientific knowledge into a narrow band of accepted norms that are based exclusively on its yellow-bellied epithets is that it’s absolutely ludibrious. If you believe you have another explanation for its disruptive, malign behavior, then please write and tell me about it. All in all, I realize that this letter has seemed incredibly bleak. However, expecting the worst from sources behind a paywall means we will never be disappointed. If we’re wrong and sources behind a paywall does not try to feed us a diet of robbery, murder, violence, and all other manner of trials and tribulations, we’ll be relieved. If we’re right and it does, we’ll be prepared.