Author Topic: The Training Arena  (Read 941 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
The Training Arena
« on: August 09, 2023, 09:20:56 PM »
The Training Arena is one of the most underutilized assets we have in this game.  There were 3 people in there when I logged on today, so I stopped by and wound up staying there for the night.  I had some excellent practice.  I highly recommend for people to start hanging out in there again.  I truly believe I was a better pilot "back in the day" because of all the time I spent in there practicing with Ghost, morfiend, yanksfan, and others!!

<S>

Josh
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: The Training Arena
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2023, 10:01:12 AM »
It was nice seeing some people in the TA yesterday evening. I too had some great practice.

I am a little frustrated that I couldn't help Gringo get his vox working. Gringo, if you see this hit me up. We can work on that, and what ever else in AH you would like help with.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2023, 10:47:35 AM »
1v1 in the TA is the most flying with the least down time.   :old:

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2023, 12:36:13 PM »
Do you just show up and fight?

Never been in it myself

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2023, 01:18:13 PM »

Never been in it myself

Eagler

I pop in there any time I see someone online in there just to see if I can help anyone or if anyone wants to practice.  Sometimes if the MA map is boring, I do stupid stuff like an "air show" routine just to pass the time.  If there's someone in there, just ask if they want to fight.  No one takes actual damage, which helps because you can remerge or practice certain scenarios.  For instance, last night after a few fights I asked Blixby to attack me from above so I can practice reversals. 

I don't think people use it because you sometimes might have to ask someone to go in there with you, and there's no reward.  And, besides...who wants to practice  :rofl

Sorry for the longwinded reply.  To answer your question, yes you can.  Just ask or bring a friend :)
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2023, 04:33:57 PM »

Never been in it myself

Eagler

Just ask first and wait for OK before engaging anyone you might find there.  :aok

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2023, 06:58:17 PM »
The Training Arena is one of the most underutilized assets we have in this game.  There were 3 people in there when I logged on today, so I stopped by and wound up staying there for the night.  I had some excellent practice.  I highly recommend for people to start hanging out in there again.  I truly believe I was a better pilot "back in the day" because of all the time I spent in there practicing with Ghost, morfiend, yanksfan, and others!!

<S>

Josh

Wish I could spend more time in the TA like the so-called old days….. :old:

I always enjoyed it but atm I have bigger fish to fry,that said when I’m done frying those fish I hope to pop into the TA more often. It’s been a rough few years,I don’t care to go into the details,let’s just say it’s been one thing after another for about 4 years now.

Btw Sik,gringo is an old friend and by old I mean older than me…if you can help him plz do! Make sure his mic is working in windows.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2023, 07:37:42 PM »
Morf, you know I will if I can.

I did ask him if it worked in windows, and make sure it is selected as the device to use, etc. I also told him about tuning to himself using the tuned channel, mic volume/boost, and where to find them.

He could hear me, and could key up on range, but I couldn't make out that anyone was talking, just noises. 

444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2023, 06:23:00 AM »
Morf, you know I will if I can.

I did ask him if it worked in windows, and make sure it is selected as the device to use, etc. I also told him about tuning to himself using the tuned channel, mic volume/boost, and where to find them.

He could hear me, and could key up on range, but I couldn't make out that anyone was talking, just noises. 

Well it doesn’t sound like his mic was muted.. :rofl. maybe a short in the mic,have him unplug it and plug back in or try another mic. Be sure he tests the mic in windows to see that it’s actually working.

I know he doesn’t frequent the boards,ask him about his Norton,that will get him talking… :rofl

<S>

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2023, 07:46:33 AM »
Not that it really matters but I sure do miss Furball Lake.  :bolt:

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2023, 09:03:53 AM »
Not that it really matters but I sure do miss Furball Lake.  :bolt:

You and several others, my friend.  We were actually talking about that in the TA the other night.

Wish I could spend more time in the TA like the so-called old days….. :old:

Always thinking of you, bud!  :salute
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2023, 10:46:48 AM »
Training arena is great for so many things. Plane not being able to get shot down are a big help because you can practice your aim without ending the fight. You can practice your defense maneuvers over and over again without dying from being shot. The guys in there are a big help. Practicing BFM and ACM, or even help with stick setup is a huge plus these guys can offer. Would highly highly recommend if you need some help and want to really learn how to be more successful in AH.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline bortas1

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2023, 12:42:48 AM »
 :salute  :aok trainers are great gents well with morfiend have to keep one hand on your wallet  :cheers:

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2023, 07:55:05 AM »
:salute  :aok trainers are great gents well with morfiend have to keep one hand on your wallet  :cheers:

:rofl :rofl  Hey you can never have too much money!  I’ve developed the art of distraction so best to leave your wallet where I can’t find it. :bolt:

I really miss Morf’s social club,great times and it helped get me through many rough patches,it’s been about 20 years that I’ve been frying those fish.

<S>

Offline Rebel28

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2023, 12:01:14 PM »

:rofl :rofl  Hey you can never have too much money!  I’ve developed the art of distraction so best to leave your wallet where I can’t find it. :bolt:

I really miss Morf’s social club,great times and it helped get me through many rough patches,it’s been about 20 years that I’ve been frying those fish.

Hi Buddy:

Any time you are ready The old night crew is ready to hook up with you in the TA. We are more than willing to meet your time frame. We are always willing to take time off from DCS to join you.

Reb

<S>
4th Fighter Group
~ The Gunslingers ~