Author Topic: Planes flopping in films, possible diagnosis.  (Read 290 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Planes flopping in films, possible diagnosis.
« on: August 10, 2023, 09:00:17 AM »
In case no one has figured this out (I’ve been away too long)

The film viewer is the game. However, while your plane may be very smooth in your films, other planes are flopping all over the place.

My theory is that the settings data used by the other player to stop stick spiking close to center stick, is not available in your film. Same as no data available for other planes gauges.

When the other plane smooths out they are prolly holding the stick steady away from center. Such as turns and loops.

If one is using films to “expose a cheat” in this issue it is most likely a false positive. You ‘re getting the raw stick data without scaling , dampening and dead-band settings.

I came to this assumption while making a current film project.

Also, side note. The odd P-51 issues some think come with Chalenger’s sound may not be the case. I’m making a Runstang vid, using default sounds and observing the same issues. Engine stopping and repeat re-starts. It would be very hard for Chalenger’s bro to figure out if its not all on his end. But MAY be corrected in FMOD settings of the files, it may require HT’s input on the game end.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 09:10:30 AM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Planes flopping in films, possible diagnosis.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 09:28:34 AM »
AHfilm is accurate for your aircraft. For other aircraft the position data in film is less accurate as distance increases from your aircraft. There are also anomalies from internet issues.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 10:15:11 AM »
I would be surprised to learn that AH film data included stick settings and movements of all the players within the film - I had always assumed it was just positional data such as speed, altitude, direction and orientation, etc.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2023, 12:46:43 PM »
Stick and rudder positions were added to AHfilm for the player's aircraft. It's a display option in the film player.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2023, 03:29:25 PM »
Just stumbling into this stufff others may have known for years. Its actually the first times I’ve ever used AHFV since day one. It was a confirmation of what I thought. Vids just wasn’t my thing then. I found s challenge as s pass-time, as usual. :)

Thanks

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2023, 03:40:59 PM »
Stick and rudder positions were added to AHfilm for the player's aircraft. It's a display option in the film player.

Thanks FLS - how do you access this data?  I don't see anything in the display options.  I have version 3.06 of the filmviewer, I think...

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2023, 06:05:55 PM »
Oops my bad, they were added to the game cockpit not the film viewer.  I'm probably remembering screen cap video.