Author Topic: Where the hell did Bluetooth disappear to???  (Read 1040 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Where the hell did Bluetooth disappear to???
« on: August 22, 2023, 04:57:59 PM »
Running Win 11. Updates are current. Trying to install a wireless printer. Under SETTINGS>Bluetooth & devices there is no provision for Bluetooth on or off.
Same thing under Device Mgr. There's no Bluetooth on the list
Same thing on the task bar, lower left. No Bluetooth options.

ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH!

Offline save

• Gold Member
Re: Where the hell did Bluetooth disappear to???
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2023, 05:33:41 PM »
Try to install your manufacturers motherboard drivers.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2023, 06:16:56 PM »
It’s not in the arrow on your lower right task bar? Still should be in your regular settings anyway.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2023, 01:11:55 AM »
Does your motherboard have Bluetooth in the first place? Mine doesn't, nor does it have WiFi. They're optional features. Check your motherboard specs from the manufacturer's site!
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2023, 03:09:39 AM »
My rig was built with an MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Mobo....which as it turns out doesn't have WIFI-Bluetooth capability. Why?

Thanks for pointing out something so obvious, it didn't even cross my mind.  :bhead

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2023, 05:17:35 AM »
Why? They're not needed that much on desktop systems so why should a customer pay for something unnecessary.

A USB wired printer usually works more flawlessly than a wireless one, so do headphones. I'm not against wireless but if there's no real benefit of it I'd rather choose a wired system.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2023, 07:17:19 AM »
That makes sense.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2023, 07:29:23 AM »
Wifi works really well if you have a good wifi setup. My smart home uses wifi extensively. Bluetooth is limited. Seems the only time it works at a distance is when my Denali starts in the driveway.... the phone will ALWAYS connect through it. LOL.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2023, 01:31:25 PM »
Wifi works really well if you have a good wifi setup. My smart home uses wifi extensively. Bluetooth is limited. Seems the only time it works at a distance is when my Denali starts in the driveway.... the phone will ALWAYS connect through it. LOL.
No matter the quality of your wifi setup, wifi is always half-duplex which utterly simplified is like a walkie-talkie. You'll have to talk in turns with your opponent. Full duplex is like an improved version of a telephone conversation where you can both talk and listen - improved because in reality you can't hear the other if your mouth is open...

Kotisivuni

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2023, 03:02:43 PM »
My rig was built with an MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Mobo....which as it turns out doesn't have WIFI-Bluetooth capability. Why?

Thanks for pointing out something so obvious, it didn't even cross my mind.  :bhead

My computer doesnt have wifi either, but my network does. Plugged the printer into the network and all the laptops can print from it over wifi.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2023, 05:36:30 PM »

Just buy a USB dongle on Amazon, they're cheap.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2023, 10:55:29 PM »
No matter the quality of your wifi setup, wifi is always half-duplex which utterly simplified is like a walkie-talkie. You'll have to talk in turns with your opponent. Full duplex is like an improved version of a telephone conversation where you can both talk and listen - improved because in reality you can't hear the other if your mouth is open...

True.... but I currently fly here, on MSFS,  and mess around in RDR2 just fine on wifi. All settings on Ultra as possible to set.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2023, 02:20:00 AM »
Not saying it isn't possible not to mention that the new wifi protocols can be faster and more reliable. If it works for you, you're golden.

What I wanted to point out for those who didn't already know is that with wireless systems there's elements you can't control. Physical objects hampering the signal can usually be evaded by moving the router and computer closer to each other. But you can't control the amount of outside traffic on your channel or EMI/RFI caused by any device in your neighbourhood - not to mention natural causes like solar flares, lightnings and aurora.

Kotisivuni

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2023, 06:42:21 AM »
True.... but I currently fly here, on MSFS,  and mess around in RDR2 just fine on wifi. All settings on Ultra as possible to set.

Which works as any lag is not a factor as in AH where you interact with other internet connections

I would think you would be at a disadvantage on wifi in ah

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2023, 04:05:15 PM »
Which works as any lag is not a factor as in AH where you interact with other internet connections

I would think you would be at a disadvantage on wifi in ah

Eagler

I'm 64... I'm at a disadvantage everywhere except in knowledge.  :rofl

Not saying it isn't possible not to mention that the new wifi protocols can be faster and more reliable. If it works for you, you're golden.

What I wanted to point out for those who didn't already know is that with wireless systems there's elements you can't control. Physical objects hampering the signal can usually be evaded by moving the router and computer closer to each other. But you can't control the amount of outside traffic on your channel or EMI/RFI caused by any device in your neighbourhood - not to mention natural causes like solar flares, lightnings and aurora.
True again.... as usual. I use business class wifi. Covers my home very well and on out across my yard in every direction. I have wifi security cameras around the property.
80th FS "Headhunters"