Author Topic: Killing an 88 = a Kill  (Read 2043 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: Killing an 88 = a Kill
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2023, 12:18:17 AM »
  at least is adds some action to the kill buffer to drown out whining and politics... more food for thought.

Definitely. That's like watching a deluded pack of pugs trying to hump a draw full of socks.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2023, 06:17:53 AM »
Yeah I'm not trying to change the way people play, just more of an eye for and eye type of thing.

BINGO.  We deserve the ability to get credit for those who get credit for taking us out.  They can keep playing the way they want.  Not trying to change their behavior with this request.

It's OK that some 88 aces will not like this wish.  No problem.  The other 99.9% of players in this game see this wish as fair and L-O-N-G overdue.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2023, 08:09:31 PM »
I could care less.  Have it count as 1 billion kills against me, it won't stop me from using the gun.  :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Online GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2023, 06:27:36 AM »
BINGO.  We deserve the ability to get credit for those who get credit for taking us out.  They can keep playing the way they want.  Not trying to change their behavior with this request.

It's OK that some 88 aces will not like this wish.  No problem.  The other 99.9% of players in this game see this wish as fair and L-O-N-G overdue.

What ever is changed, someone whines. That's unavoidable, side effect of human nature.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2023, 12:57:00 PM »
Give the 88’s the higher gear ratio so it can rotate as fast as it should be.  :rock

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2023, 01:52:58 PM »
Give the 88’s the higher gear ratio so it can rotate as fast as it should be.  :rock

Same with the Wirbls and Ostis
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Online GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2023, 02:59:39 PM »

Also ability to look around when manning ack or 17-pounder. Hard to believe all ack and anti-tank gunners had that stiff necks.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2023, 03:22:10 PM »
Also ability to look around when manning ack or 17-pounder. Hard to believe all ack and anti-tank gunners had that stiff necks.

You have to map your hat switches to gun mode.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Online GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2023, 03:42:14 PM »
You have to map your hat switches to gun mode.

Dang! I copied the settings in it but it never worked so I thought it's made that way. I'm on obligatory fly pause as my game pc mobo said "pox". Have to try again when I get new one. Thx!
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2023, 06:07:04 PM »
Dang! I copied the settings in it but it never worked so I thought it's made that way. I'm on obligatory fly pause as my game pc mobo said "pox". Have to try again when I get new one. Thx!

Can be any keys or controller button. Just go to the gun mode and set your views.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Online GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2023, 01:44:59 AM »
Can be any keys or controller button. Just go to the gun mode and set your views.

Works in other guns now but not in 17-pounder. Also, zooming with it is on-off. Is there a cure for that?
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2024, 12:17:15 PM »
Was this request ever implemented?

I (and maybe others) would return to the game if so.

Thanks
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2024, 12:35:27 PM »
Works in other guns now but not in 17-pounder. Also, zooming with it is on-off. Is there a cure for that?

I noticed this too but never tried to correct it. Maybe the 17lb is a different setting?

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2024, 03:00:40 PM »
Turn on the kill shooter too. If they nuke their own teammate, death to them and the gun goes down.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2024, 04:50:57 PM »
Was this request ever implemented?

I (and maybe others) would return to the game if so.

Thanks

No it hasn't.  Would be nice for the above mentioned wish to be put in, alongside having gunners scoring category actually mean something towards rank.

Really strange to have field gunners both not count as kills and deaths and have 0 impact on the scoring in general.