Author Topic: Killing an 88 = a Kill  (Read 2048 times)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Killing an 88 = a Kill
« on: August 27, 2023, 12:56:40 PM »
Its time has come.  If we kill a manned gun or manned 88 in a plane or GV we should get a kill for it.

Thank you.  :salute
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 12:59:41 PM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
Re: Killing an 88 = a Kill
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2023, 01:18:41 PM »
Agreed
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2023, 01:54:07 PM »
Ten kills  :old:
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2023, 03:19:26 PM »
hehehe  :D
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2023, 04:10:17 PM »
I feel good about it.  +1

How does that affect the person in the manned gun?
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2023, 09:07:51 PM »
First , you only get a "kill" if its a gun manned by a player.

Second, if you do kill a player in a gun it counts just the same as kills FROM a gun. Just the name in lights, nothing towards score.

Third, count it as a "death" under which ever category it needs to be.....bomber, attack, or vehicle.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2023, 08:14:18 AM »
First , you only get a "kill" if its a gun manned by a player.

Second, if you do kill a player in a gun it counts just the same as kills FROM a gun. Just the name in lights, nothing towards score.

Third, count it as a "death" under which ever category it needs to be.....bomber, attack, or vehicle.

There is a manned gun category in the score card.

And yes to all of this.  I can't believe it hasn't happened yet.  I would take this over a new airplane any day. 

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2023, 10:03:08 AM »
OK lets do this! You may get the 88 troll voice here-and-there but we all KNOW everyone generally wants this.

EDIT: It may truly help with player retention too.

-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2023, 10:24:44 AM »
OK lets do this! You may get the 88 troll voice here-and-there but we all KNOW everyone generally wants this.

EDIT: It may truly help with player retention too.

I can't imagine it would be terribly difficult to implement either.
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2023, 11:02:02 AM »
For the record, it will accomplish nothing more than forcing the whiners to whine about something else. They will still killed by some "noob" that is afraid to get in a plane and fight them on their terms. As to the man gun users, nothing will change, they will still get in the man guns, still shoot the planes down, and there will still be whining.

Now with all that said, I don't see any problem with the idea being implemented. I spend a fair amount of time in a man gun, it would not change how I play one bit. :devil
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2023, 11:58:01 AM »
For the record, it will accomplish nothing more than forcing the whiners to whine about something else. They will still killed by some "noob" that is afraid to get in a plane and fight them on their terms. As to the man gun users, nothing will change, they will still get in the man guns, still shoot the planes down, and there will still be whining.

Now with all that said, I don't see any problem with the idea being implemented. I spend a fair amount of time in a man gun, it would not change how I play one bit. :devil

But it would remove a zero-risk option which overall is a good thing, no? Deaths too good for them anyway. They should burn in cartoon hell for at least one hour.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2023, 01:51:15 PM »
But it would remove a zero-risk option which overall is a good thing, no? Deaths too good for them anyway. They should burn in cartoon hell for at least one hour.

Yeah I'm not trying to change the way people play, just more of an eye for and eye type of thing.  I assume most guys will tower out if they feel death coming.  Some of us can hit gun pits from outside of auto ack range though with rockets.  It would actually be fun to snipe some people like that and ruin the safe place.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2023, 02:52:36 PM »
I assume most guys will tower out if they feel death coming.

Ah, but if you do that in a plane someone gets a proxy anyway. Food for thought  :)
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2023, 03:30:20 PM »
Yeah I'm not trying to change the way people play, just more of an eye for and eye type of thing.  I assume most guys will tower out if they feel death coming.  Some of us can hit gun pits from outside of auto ack range though with rockets.  It would actually be fun to snipe some people like that and ruin the safe place.

I like sniping that way anyway would be cool to be yelled at for it!  :banana:
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2023, 06:50:35 PM »
Ah, but if you do that in a plane someone gets a proxy anyway. Food for thought  :)
  at least is adds some action to the kill buffer to drown out whining and politics... more food for thought.