Author Topic: We almost didn't make it  (Read 1248 times)

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
We almost didn't make it
« on: September 02, 2023, 11:54:36 PM »
About 800,000-900,000 years ago there was about 1280 humans.

https://www.popsci.com/science/human-population-pleistocene/

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: We almost didn't make it
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2023, 02:42:50 AM »
That reminds me of a thought I was thinking a while ago: What if Noah and his family really were the only survivors of a world wide catastrophe? How long, how many generations would it take to recreate a solid population?

The Bible doesn't tell much, only that there was Noah, his wife and his three sons Shem, Ham, and Japheth with their wives. It also tells that Noah had sixteen grandsons and also names a bunch of their sons and hinting to others. But there's no mentioning about their mothers...

My calculations were based on the assumption that about a dozen children used to be quite normal back in the days of no birth control and that some of them usually died very young, and that approximately half of them were girls. So it seemed realistic to assume that the three sons had approximately ten children each to reach adulthood. That means fifteen couples. If they were equally fertile, they would have 150 children which means 75 pairs. And further, they would again tenfold the population to 750 and so on and so forth. Of course that kind of steady growth requires both shelter and food for all them to live but in theory it would only take four generations after the deluge to reach the numbers mentioned in the article.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2023, 03:22:16 AM »
Adam and Eve had 3 sons. Where did all the people come from?

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2023, 03:54:41 AM »

They were adopted.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2023, 04:59:33 AM »
Notice that the Old Testament rarely mentions any women not to speak about naming them. The Bible names Cain, Abel and Seth, and tells that after the birth of Seth Adam lived 800 years during which he got several sons and daughters more.

Also notice that the population that grew from the offspring of Adam and Eve was nullified in the flood except those in the Ark. Thus all our ancestors come back to Noah and his wife, with some variations to our gene pool through the wives of Shem, Ham and Japheth. Although Adam and Eve were the ancestors of all of them, mutations must have happened to alter the genes enough to prevent issues caused by inbreeding. Also bear in mind that there's no telling how many wives they actually had, or if they had servants with them. Several sources give names to the wives but they vary more than can be explained by different transliterations.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2023, 05:03:56 AM »

Maybe they went after their mom?

It's either that or their sisters, if they actually had any.. Lol!
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2023, 05:05:43 AM »

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2023, 06:24:47 AM »
They were adopted.

Coogan

:rofl       :aok       :cheers:
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2023, 06:55:08 AM »
Well all that incest way back then sorta explains the insanity we see today  :aok

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2023, 08:43:40 AM »
Why did Adam and Eve have belly buttons? Take all the time you need.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2023, 08:53:13 AM »
Why did Adam and Eve have belly buttons? Take all the time you need.

The Mad   CatMan!

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2023, 09:23:51 AM »
The boys may also have mated with apes and gorillas. Who knows?

lol.

Good times back then, for sure!

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2023, 02:03:28 PM »

The Bible says  Gen. 5:4 "And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:" the Bible only mentions the first 3 by name.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2023, 02:47:23 PM »

The Bible says  Gen. 5:4 "And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:" the Bible only mentions the first 3 by name.

Any sources not from a fairy tale?
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2023, 02:57:32 PM »
The boys may also have mated with apes and gorillas. Who knows?

lol.

Good times back then, for sure!

Well, when looking at all that agenda force fed from every horn and trumpet, with colorful flags and all kind of parades, we are on a way back to those kind of "good times"...
The Mad   CatMan!