Author Topic: If you ain't seein' both sides  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
If you ain't seein' both sides
« on: September 03, 2023, 08:28:05 PM »
you ain't lookin'!

Plain and simple. There's research to support both sides. You don't see what you refuse to look for.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: If you ain't seein' both sides
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2023, 08:29:10 PM »
you ain't lookin'!

Plain and simple. There's research to support both sides. You don't see what you refuse to look for.

That’s pretty ridiculous.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2023, 10:13:52 PM »
you ain't lookin'!

I think this is spot on.
All I do it try to get some to open their minds and have opinion based on the same whole set of facts. I play devils advocate a LOT. Both things can be true at the same time. If we both agree the sky is blue, then you can have your opinion on what shade is best.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2023, 01:04:08 AM »
I think this is spot on.
All I do it try to get some to open their minds and have opinion based on the same whole set of facts. I play devils advocate a LOT. Both things can be true at the same time. If we both agree the sky is blue, then you can have your opinion on what shade is best.

:rolleyes:
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2023, 04:46:51 AM »
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2023, 06:55:54 AM »
There are two sides to every argument but only one truth

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2023, 08:50:02 AM »
There are two sides to every argument but only one truth

Eagler

Exactly.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2023, 09:55:04 AM »
Exactly.

Kewl, lets not ignore half the truths /“facts” to force an opinion as facts. Because that is not truth. Its called a dishonest broker. Truth and honesty work hand n hand. Words are either credible or they are not.

As soon as I detect dishonesty I’m done with that person.
Life is too short to tolerate one minute of nonsense. The only thing I have left to show is my back.

Lies ruin lives.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2023, 01:22:46 PM »
There's MY side and well...little point to any others, really
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2023, 01:28:27 PM »
One other thing. If your "solution" sucks, because it makes a lot more worse than it improves (Ie. it creates more and/or worse problems), it is not a "solution", and no one is required to provide a "better solution", since your "solution" makes things worse.

SaVaGe

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2023, 01:39:11 PM »
Also, if they force people to buy something then it's usually not the best thing.

People with power and an agenda are the major problems of the world.

The people that say they rely on science to bolster an argument without providing scientific evidence or refusing to look at any facts are only using science as a crutch to make themselves think that they know something more than you don't.

Science is falling the scientific method. It's not what a lot of people are cleaning it to be. Follow the science. Why don't you follow the scientific method?

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2023, 01:45:39 PM »
One other thing. If your "solution" sucks, because it makes a lot more worse than it improves (Ie. it creates more and/or worse problems), it is not a "solution", and no one is required to provide a "better solution", since your "solution" makes things worse.

Thats an opinion. Not proven fact.  Good for you. I like lighter blue skies

Hard to warn ppl of playing with matches when their own hair is on fire.

These convos are otherwise friend killers. Some must have surplus.

You believe what you choose and I’ll do the same.  I base mine on proven data. You base yours on whatever you want.

I just wish some would stop running around forcing opinions on others making the air smell. I’m obligated to no one, nor any one person. Thats the I choose.

PEACE
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Misery

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2023, 01:50:58 PM »
If you believe there are only two sides, you're part of the problem.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2023, 02:16:00 PM »
Just like global warming being caused by man is not a fact. How can you even prove it? Using the scientific method of course.

People that say follow the science use that as a crutch and they think that it makes them sound like their argument is correct just by saying it. Those people are irritating.

And consensus is not science. There have been example throughout history were consensus was used to establish something as a fact and it's been completely dead wrong.

So if you follow the science really follow the science. Scientific method and provable facts.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 02:58:23 PM by -gg- »

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2023, 02:20:17 PM »
Also, just because you believe something doesn't make it true.

As far as climate change, there are two things going on. One is that people are saying that it's caused by man and the other thing is that they're saying that it's bad.

That's pretty general don't you think? That climate change is bad? Change? Just the fact that it changes?

If you're talking about global warming, which they used to call it, you can look at history with your own eyes and see that as the climate warmed up more life was able to survive.

It's not a scientific fact that a climate that is warming is bad. Show me the scientific proof that a climate change is bad? Well I'll tell you what, ice ages are bad. That's for sure. But global warming has never proven to be bad for people.

And where is the control group for Earth. You know the earth that doesn't have people on it that you can measure with the exact same circumstances other than one has people and one does not?

How are you ever going to prove that climate change is caused by man?

So yeah, follow the science. You're not following science you're following what you think and what you believe personally.

So I'm cognizant of those facts. And so what I do is I look at what I see with my own eyes. My own lying eyes.
And I don't see one bad thing happening that anybody can point to that is caused by global warming.

There are no storms that are worse. Nothing is worse. If anything things are much better. There's more food being produced and there's more people alive than ever before in history because of the warm climate.