Author Topic: September 2023 FSO: Reduction of Rabaul - Frame Scores  (Read 229 times)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
September 2023 FSO: Reduction of Rabaul - Frame Scores
« on: September 09, 2023, 09:00:25 PM »

Here's the summary of rule violations in Frame 1. I'm not counting any failures to meet minimums in Hour 2. Also, I'm not counting any instances of bailing shortly after take-off, the penalties assessed for taking extra lives were all in cases of a pilot relaunching after being knocked out.

Allies
a. -10 points for one extra P-38J taken in Hour 1.
b. -5 points for one P-40N pilot who took a second life in Hour 2.

Axis
a. -10 points for one extra Ki-61 taken Hour 1.
b. -10 points for two pilots assigned Zeros in Hour 1 who took Ki-61's in Hour 2.
c. -10 points for the same two pilots who used multiple lives in Hour 2.
d. -10 points for two other pilots who used multiple lives in Hour 2.
e. -15 points for missing the minimum number of A6M3/Ki-43's in Hour 1 by 3 planes.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 09:05:48 PM by Devil 505 »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: September 2023 FSO: Reduction of Rabaul - Frame Scores
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2023, 11:46:38 PM »
Sorry for the delays on the Frame 2 scores. I spent much time looking over films regarding alt cap violations. While there were several players on both sides breaking the cap, I found no instance of a player exploiting their position. Combat was joined from below the cap in every case. So only a reminder on the cap was needed.

The Axis was penalized 25 points for 5 pilots changing from Ki-43's to A6M3's in Hour 2.

The Allies were penalized 5 points for missing the minimum of P-40N's by one plane.
The Axis was penalized 10 points for a pilot rearming his Hour 1 plane and using it in Hour 2.

Axis wins 2 frames to 1.

I want to thank the Allies for tolerating my hare-brained ideas this month. I tried a few new things and the Allied CiC surely had their hands full. Not many of those things worked as I would have liked, so if any of these ideas get reused in 2024 they will be much simpler.

<S>
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com