Author Topic: Active Players  (Read 7283 times)

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
Active Players
« on: September 12, 2023, 12:16:47 PM »
Just voicing observations is all - Logged in Sunday morning 9am PST 9 players in game. I have seen over 100 players twice in two months where i used to see 200+
Typically in the evenings I see less than 50 and usually less than 40. Had to fly 20 minutes in a jet to find a fight one night. Another night, I was the only Bish logged on.

Sad to say this game is a far cry from what it used to be.
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: Active Players
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 12:27:48 PM »
Most MA action is between 7Pm-11PM and really mostly just a coupe hours inside there. I don’t mind it. I just find something else to do in game or altogether.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2023, 01:01:22 PM »
9pm est usually has >100 in ma

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2023, 01:08:26 PM »
Most fighters have gone elsewhere for quicker and cheaper fighter action. Lack of players means lack of fights which makes less players. The morning squad hit crew has made playing in the AM no fun. Then both sides attack bish for the rest of the day generally. Too many guys in easy mode planes over saturating the fight. Flying 10 minutes to a base and getting 15k, only to get ganged quickly because they don't know ACM, SA, and have to fight vets in fast east mode planes probably discourages many. It's too hard of a game for people and many don't have the patience to fly out and get alt so they go to War Thunder or Il2 so they can spawn right in in external mode. Not what I want Aces High to be, but that's generally the issue for some. I think a lot of what you have left mid day are retirees who enjoy playing by themselves and don't want too much action other themselves, yet for some reason want to play online.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline DonWayne

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2023, 01:48:04 PM »
The game would get a lot more population if it wasn't subscription based, if it was made to be a free game, with options to donate it would probably attract new players.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 01:54:31 PM by DonWayne »
-SKY HEIFERS-

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2023, 01:51:50 PM »
The game would get a lot more population if it wasn't subscription based, if it was made to be a free game, with options to donate it would get a lot more population.

:headscratch:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 01:57:18 PM by SNO »
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2023, 01:52:46 PM »
The game would get a lot more population if it wasn't subscription based, if it was made to be a free game, with options to donate it would get a lot more population.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2023, 02:28:23 PM »
The game would get a lot more population if it wasn't subscription based, if it was made to be a free game, with options to donate it would probably attract new players.
riiiight... :rolleyes:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2023, 03:15:53 PM »

You should make a game and make it free.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2023, 03:19:46 PM »
You guys are responding to a guy who just registered with one post. I truly wish fish took bait like that.

Chuikov

Offline DonWayne

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2023, 05:01:37 PM »
You guys are responding to a guy who just registered with one post. I truly wish fish took bait like that.

It was a legitimate thought, not bait. If you look at the discussion about this game on Steam you'll notice a lot of people were disappointed that it was a subscription-based game, thus not playing it. Personally I don't have a problem paying the subscription, I've played this game on and off for a number of years and still enjoy it. But for a game as old as it is, new players aren't going to pay a subscription, so if the community really wants to see people more active it's something that needs to be addressed I would imagine. I get the feeling this is an unpopular opinion, but I would like to hear you come up with a better way to attract new players.
-SKY HEIFERS-

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2023, 05:33:54 PM »

It was a legitimate thought, not bait. If you look at the discussion about this game on Steam you'll notice a lot of people were disappointed that it was a subscription-based game, thus not playing it. Personally I don't have a problem paying the subscription, I've played this game on and off for a number of years and still enjoy it. But for a game as old as it is, new players aren't going to pay a subscription, so if the community really wants to see people more active it's something that needs to be addressed I would imagine. I get the feeling this is an unpopular opinion, but I would like to hear you come up with a better way to attract new players.

Play for 30 days and get 2 hours free with a clean prostitute
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline DonWayne

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2023, 05:37:34 PM »
Play for 30 days and get 2 hours free with a clean prostitute

Player base just quadrupled
-SKY HEIFERS-

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2023, 06:39:05 AM »
120 at 9pm est in ma last night when I logged..

Plenty of hordes to fight as a rook..auto assigned..had knits and bish attacking them in droves and not each other..

Definitely worth the $15 a month...what is that? One starbuck coffee and danish?

Choices

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2023, 06:54:28 AM »
You should make a game and make it free.
Guess you never heard of fortnite?  :bolt:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3