Author Topic: My Last Kill in Aces High III  (Read 2789 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
My Last Kill in Aces High III
« on: September 17, 2023, 08:18:22 AM »

Last night, 04:26 CEST (21:26 CDT). This B-29, the last of a formation of three, was shot down over the southern (Rook) AA factory at an altitude of 30.0 K feet. Being my 502nd B-29 kill and, according to the records, my 112.142 LWMA kill, I came to the conclusion that this is the perfect moment to end it, even though my subscription still has 14 days left.

04:26 CEST - that's exactly the main reason I'm stepping away from it. I have many problems with some of the design decisions over the past 10 years (magic tail warning radar, anyone?), but having to wait until about 2 a.m. before the action somewhat picks up even on a Saturday is simply bad for my sleep pattern and my health. And I can't justify paying to play on a largely dormant map against always the same 20 people during daytime.

So I'm making this a public statement just to prevent me slipping back in 'by accident' ("I fell on my credit card, and suddenly I had a subscription again, mom!")  :D

Of course, if a miracle happens and suddenly the numbers at least triple again... but we all know how likely that is  :(

I will not leave the forums though, my statistical works will continue in the background and expect some annoying 'look at me' posts about my own AH career stats in the very near future  :devil

And finally: If I show off my last kill, I think I also have to show my last death, too:

Shamefully shot down by an M-3. Bdog34 removed my wing with his single machine gun, but unfortunately he didn't get the credit because he died before my plane hit the ground.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 11:11:35 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: My Last Kill in Aces High IIII
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2023, 08:23:02 AM »
 :salute

Bomber pilots will be relieved
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2023, 08:33:58 AM »
my 112.142 LWMA kill, I came to the conclusion that this is the perfect moment to end it, even though my subscription still has 14 days left.

Pffffffttttt.

200 would be a better round number to end on.

You got 14 days AND 13 nights.  Or visa versa.  I don't know how days work in metric. ;)

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2023, 09:38:13 AM »

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2023, 09:41:36 AM »
I was going to suggest you re-title this misleading post "My most recent kill in Aces High III", but unfortunately for us all "Last" is what you really intended.   :(

Appreciate all your contributions to the statistics of AH over the years; wish I could talk you out of leaving but understand your reasons.   <S> always.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2023, 10:11:58 AM »

:cheers:
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2023, 11:10:04 AM »
You will be missed. Be well and Happy. :salute
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: My Last Kill in Aces High III
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2023, 11:31:37 AM »
 :salute Don’t be a stranger.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2023, 12:43:16 PM »
Lusche, you are one of the names that I remember flying with or against since I joined AH2 in March of 2007! It has been an absolute pleasure!  :salute
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2023, 12:43:56 PM »
"(magic tail warning radar, anyone?), but having to wait until about 2 a.m. before the action somewhat picks up even on a Saturday"

The ground radar is better than that, it can see you behind mountains, guide you in a dogfight when you lost your SA - in real time -something not even contemporary radar can achieve.

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2023, 10:55:04 AM »
I was on when you got your 500th.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2023, 12:41:35 PM »
Hate to see you go Snailman, you have become a legend in this game. May your skies always be blue, and a good strong tail wind>  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2023, 02:25:19 PM »
I think he should stay and umm SLUG it out.
 :P
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2023, 05:22:01 PM »
 :salute Snail,  Best wishes to you and I hope you wonder back in at some point.

Cheers,  One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2023, 01:03:20 AM »
Has been good to run against you the few times we have met in the MA this past year. Hope you get the itch someday and come back for a tour

<S>
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster