Author Topic: Get Out There and Vote!  (Read 1893 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Get Out There and Vote!
« on: September 25, 2023, 06:41:28 PM »
Was curious what people on Reddit thought so I posted this question. I probably should have split the question since the two models can differ game to game. Go vote if you want AH to win lol Poll stays active for another 48 hours or so. :bolt:

Here is the link for anyone who wants to read the comments. There are some good points made. A few people said I should have added Falcon BMS but I am not familiar with that one.

https://reddit.com/r/flightsim/s/6TxsACIUE4

Oh also… go vote in your local elections too! :old:
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 08:41:39 PM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Get Out There and Vote!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2023, 08:07:35 PM »
Go vote if you want AH to win

Done.

- oldman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2023, 09:03:19 PM »
Done, and added my 2 cents.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2023, 09:54:04 PM »
All these votes and your post only gets 8 upvotes... strange.

Voted!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2023, 10:16:31 PM »
All these votes and your post only gets 8 upvotes... strange.

Voted!

Yup Reddit is what it is lol. I’ve had posts with hundreds of comments and no ups. The whole up and down thing is dumb but Reddit is pretty much my only social media. I like how well you can filter it. One of my weed grow posts got almost 3K upvotes I was happy with lol.

But from following a bunch of flight sim Reddits I can say AH gets little attention. I tried to breathe some life into the AH Reddit but not much luck.

Anyway… I’m not going anywhere.

Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2023, 01:08:14 AM »
I would have voted but that requires logging in. I don't want to question my privacy for just one vote.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2023, 02:47:58 AM »
Voted. Used my stone age old unused google account for logging so you won't see my name in there.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2023, 08:27:28 AM »
Never expected AH to win. I did it to draw some attention to our game.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2023, 09:24:29 AM »
Never expected AH to win. I did it to draw some attention to our game.

Kudos for your effort.

The problem with these kinds of polls though is I guarantee you most of those voting for DCS\IL2 have never flown AH.  And a lot that are voting for AH, have probably never flown a serious amount of DCS or WW2OL or WT. 

What people are voting for is what they are having fun flying rather than a serious comparison of the sims because few people have flown all of them.  I find the people voting for AH having a superior flight and damage model than DCS as having done a questionable amount of analysis.  It would be interesting to read a point by point defense on why the flight and damage model in AH is superior to DCS.  The same for those voting WT has superior flight model to AH.  I also find that vote questionable. What they are voting for is WT is the game they have fun with and have their friends at.  They probably could not defend that evaluation because I bet they have never flown both WT and AH.

So really people are using polls like this as a proxy to say what games they are having fun with and fly with their friends on, which is a different question than what you asked.
Unless you have flown a reasonable amount of each, you can't really make a rational comparison.  I bet if challenged to give a point by point justification of their analysis they couldn't because they would admit they never flown AH or visa versa. 

But if you don't care and just want to stealth spotlight AH, then that doesn't matter. ;)

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2023, 09:39:03 AM »
Or like other polling/voting it's rigged...

:bolt:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2023, 09:42:35 AM »
Or like other polling/voting it's rigged...

How is this poll rigged?

I suspect "rigged" is just a synonym for when people don't get the result they want.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2023, 09:54:30 AM »
How is this poll rigged?

I suspect "rigged" is just a synonym for when people don't get the result they want.

It is a joke here...not so much elsewhere

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2023, 09:57:30 AM »
It is a joke here...not so much elsewhere

It's a joke elsewhere too.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2023, 09:59:27 AM »
It's a joke elsewhere too.

Rigged is when the rules are historically changed to guarantee the required outcome

Eagler

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2023, 10:01:14 AM »
Rigged is when the rules are historically changed to guarantee the required outcome

If that makes you feel better to believe that.

I guess everyone is giving up on bamboo ballots?  lol