Author Topic: AH 3 wish list  (Read 1150 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
AH 3 wish list
« on: October 02, 2023, 08:29:07 AM »
I've been keeping a log of ideas/wish list items since AH 3 was released, and it's grown large enough that I thought I'd share for it reactions/comments.   These aren't in any particular order of importance; I just jotted ideas down when I thought of them.   More than a few have been thought of or mentioned before by others previously.   This is just sort of a laundry list.   :salute

Aces High 3 Notes, Wish List

- More/different map tiles - would like autumn map tiles, & the ability to include desert tiles in with other tile sets, so regions of terrains could be displayed properly as deserts.

- Would like mapmakers to be able to include special objects to give towns character - Eiffel Tower, cathedrals, temples, Amiens prison, for example.

- Would like in-game feed of clipboard map and "Country Status"  function available on webpage, so we could see how many players are logged in, which map is up and for how long, current game time, etc from AH website

- Add code restrictions to prevent level bombers from being used as dive bombers.

- Every plane should have damage graphics like the P-39Q.  Damaged ailerons and rudders SHOW as damaged parts, they don't just disappear.  It's wonderful.

- Finish the Tempest 3D model.  Last one left, please complete.

- Make the runway fringes valid end-of-sortie landing, so we can pull off runway, park and shut down, exit and still get credit for sortie.

- Create random spawns along runway fringes.  I dislike spawning inside another A/C on the runway.  Immersion breaker for me.

- Add a perk point bonus for spawning from a hangar and using taxiways to taxi to runway for takeoff

- Reduce size of (+) and (-) images on clipboard map.  Much too large IMO.

- Add #sorties to webpage pilot stats

- Darken the shade of drop tanks surface so it doesn't washout white

- I wish nearby 88mm AA explosions would 'shake' the cockpit view momentarily, along with explosion and rattle/shrapnel sound effects

- I wish ships could get crippled by damage, i.e.  list to one side, tilt bow or stern down, stop in place, etc

- Additional animations of sinking ships - roll over, break in half, settle in water by stern or bow and        disappear beneath waves, etc

- Would like VBase spawns from undestroyed hangars only, so GVs could not spawn inside burning hangar

- Would like fire to cause damage to vehicle so tanks can't sit in burning VHs for cover

- Would like ability to load maps larger than 512x512 into clipboard, with zooming and panning functions available (for scenario mission maps)

- Would like a position on roof of tower to watch airfield operations.  Maybe be able to 'bail out' of tower position, and you become a pilot figure on the balcony who can move around.

- Would like to be able to shoot colored flares from pilot position, tank commander position, and tower balcony or rooftop position.

- Would like external view for GVs enabled

- Would like to be able to exit/re-enter GVs, and have binocular-style zoom view.  External figure could be the paratroop soldier.

- Please show cargo inside GVs - either troops sitting or cargo boxes, visible when looking in rear view

- Would like freighter convoys as targets; their function is to move supplies to ports and dock there while unloading - need destroyable cranes long the quays.

- Would like more trains, RR marshalling yards, RR tunnels through mountains, and destroyable RR bridges.

- Would like torpedo tracks-wakes to be made much more visible in the water

- If you are PK'd or your plane explodes from critical hits, would like to switch immediately to external chase view, just as if you bailed out and hit 'F4' external view - so you can see your plane spiral down and hit ground before being placed in tower again.   IIRC, Warbirds did this.  Sort of an 'angel' view.   

« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 08:49:08 AM by oboe »

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: AH 3 wish list
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 09:18:23 AM »
Well that is certainly wishing on a star! The salaries for the people to even have the meetings to determine what was possible on your list and how to achieve it would be close to half a mil or more.

I was told the runway line is what it is so deal with it lol.

I would like to see the number of objects you destroyed displayed in the scoring. Like hangers, ammos, town and strat buildings. Plus, if we are even going to have scoring, make it somewhat comprehensible. I don’t know what a 3.4556665457% bombing percentage means.

My biggest wish is to get rid of the RUNWAY TREES!  :joystick:
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 11:06:15 AM »
Would love rail yards, coastal shipping and ship yards near ports. Give them small bonus on down times for associated fields, 5-10 extra minutes with 30 minute max down time of the rail or ship yard itself. Those would give some aircraft a boost in use maybe if you have something that's not heavily defended to attack. Would give me a target during off hours other than towns or a base that i know we can't take to milk run.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2023, 11:53:49 AM »
Well that is certainly wishing on a star! The salaries for the people to even have the meetings to determine what was possible on your list and how to achieve it would be close to half a mil or more.

I was told the runway line is what it is so deal with it lol.

I would like to see the number of objects you destroyed displayed in the scoring. Like hangers, ammos, town and strat buildings. Plus, if we are even going to have scoring, make it somewhat comprehensible. I don’t know what a 3.4556665457% bombing percentage means.

My biggest wish is to get rid of the RUNWAY TREES!  :joystick:

LOL, Absolutely!   I don't expect any to come true, but these are just ideas I've had in the last few years playing the game.  Wondered to what extent some of you guys had same wants.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2023, 03:47:14 PM »
Make the runway fringes valid end-of-sortie landing, so we can pull off runway, park and shut down, exit and still get credit for sortie.

Hitech said this wouldnt change. His reasoning was that people are never satisfied and so adding 40 feet to the fringe would be ok until they started asking for another 40 feet.

Add #sorties to webpage pilot stats

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/scores/players.php Typing your name into the box, select tour and hit enter. Top box gives you total sorties and total time for the tour. Next box down give you sorties per category.

- Please show cargo inside GVs - either troops sitting or cargo boxes, visible when looking in rear view

I know you can look back from the drivers seat in the M3 and see the supplies box in the back, and when you drop it you can see it move to the ground, then explode. Not sure of the troops.

THe rest of the list looks pretty cool. If one of us win the Powerball I think that player should donate a nice chunk to Hitech   :aok

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2023, 04:10:05 PM »
Make the runway fringes valid end-of-sortie landing, so we can pull off runway, park and shut down, exit and still get credit for sortie.

Hitech said this wouldnt change. His reasoning was that people are never satisfied and so adding 40 feet to the fringe would be ok until they started asking for another 40 feet.

One of the most odd excuses IMHO. One wheel half an inch out from runway compared with landing to nearby bushes is a bit different case.

Add #sorties to webpage pilot stats

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/scores/players.php Typing your name into the box, select tour and hit enter. Top box gives you total sorties and total time for the tour. Next box down give you sorties per category.

I know you can look back from the drivers seat in the M3 and see the supplies box in the back, and when you drop it you can see it move to the ground, then explode. Not sure of the troops.

Never seen either box or troops visible while driving, they appear only when dropping. Was still like that some 10 minutes ago.

rest of the list looks pretty cool. If one of us win the Powerball I think that player should donate a nice chunk to Hitech   :aok
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2023, 05:08:22 PM »

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2023, 05:22:50 PM »
https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,361092.msg4797230.html#msg4797230

Here is another post from Hitech about it.

Interesting, though I wasn't thinking about extra room for landing credit if I came in skidding without wheels or anything.  I just want to stop on the runway proper, then add power to pull off the runway, stand on one brake and swing the tail around so my nose faces the runway before I power down.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2023, 09:57:49 PM »
I would kill if there were more targets to hit that affected things on a strategic level.

Coming to a RR near you!

:D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2023, 12:43:53 AM »
I would kill if there were more targets to hit that affected things on a strategic level.

Coming to a RR near you!

(Image removed from quote.)

:D

I think you’re hitting on the end game for AH. Unless a major investment is made, the final throws should be to develop a deep and rich single player strategic campaign.

Why no mods?

I still play the career mode on IL-2 1946. The stock game is ho hum but if you mod it then whoa! It’s $10 or less on steam. I use the VP mod pack and it is super cool with maybe not the best AI but it’s dense and the scenery is comparable to AH or better. If AH could be modded to some degree it may spark some longevity.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 01:41:24 AM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2023, 01:59:29 AM »
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2023, 07:50:19 AM »
Two points.

I read that linked thread (thank you Teddy) and the exchange between Teddy and Fugitive.  I've changed my thinking now, and wish landing anywhere within the boundaries of the field could still count as a successful landing, not as a ditch.   I say this not concerned about getting my name in lights, but rather toward Fugi's point that many B-17s landed gear up off runway in the grass to lessen damage to the plane.   I still just want to be able to pull off the runway after landing, swing the tail around and shut down without the game calling it a ditch.

Second, my Gawd, that American Beauty painting!   That oil painting of a bare metal 486thBG B-17 is pure gorgeousness.   :salute

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2023, 11:01:14 AM »
Two points.

I read that linked thread (thank you Teddy) and the exchange between Teddy and Fugitive.  I've changed my thinking now, and wish landing anywhere within the boundaries of the field could still count as a successful landing, not as a ditch.   I say this not concerned about getting my name in lights, but rather toward Fugi's point that many B-17s landed gear up off runway in the grass to lessen damage to the plane.   I still just want to be able to pull off the runway after landing, swing the tail around and shut down without the game calling it a ditch.

Second, my Gawd, that American Beauty painting!   That oil painting of a bare metal 486thBG B-17 is pure gorgeousness.   :salute

Now imagine her hitting a railyard in AH.  :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2023, 04:44:58 PM »
Interesting, though I wasn't thinking about extra room for landing credit if I came in skidding without wheels or anything.  I just want to stop on the runway proper, then add power to pull off the runway, stand on one brake and swing the tail around so my nose faces the runway before I power down.

I understand the idea. It would be cool/fun to be able to do a number of things, some you have listed, but it is a game with rules to contain the game in a certain frame work.

Maybe making it an arena option that could be turned on in scenarios.

Yes, and when I proposed something similar, you took it kind of personally.

No, I didnt take it personally. I was just pointing out the difference in a game, and real life. Some aspects of real life just cant be used in the frame work of the game. Hitech framed it in as a challenge and one of the criteria for a "completed mission" in the game to stop on the runway.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2023, 04:53:36 PM »
I understand the idea. It would be cool/fun to be able to do a number of things, some you have listed, but it is a game with rules to contain the game in a certain frame work.

Maybe making it an arena option that could be turned on in scenarios.

No, I didnt take it personally. I was just pointing out the difference in a game, and real life. Some aspects of real life just cant be used in the frame work of the game. Hitech framed it in as a challenge and one of the criteria for a "completed mission" in the game to stop on the runway.

Actually when you think about it, it's sorta silly for someone who lands wheels up on the runway to get credit for a successful landing, while another lands normally but on the runway fringe and gets a ditch...

small potatoes, though.