Author Topic: Getting VR Soon  (Read 544 times)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Getting VR Soon
« on: October 03, 2023, 08:51:32 AM »
Hello! I've been away from AH for some time (pc died)..I'm picking up a new pc next week (I7,4070ti,32g ram) and want to take the plunge into VR..Just wondering what u guys recommend for a VR headset?  New or used? Vibe or Oculus? Thnx for any input & see u all soon! ✈️
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 08:53:16 AM by SirLoin »
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Getting VR Soon
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2023, 09:34:02 AM »
Howdy Sirloin

Welcome back!

Since 2018 I have used the original vive pro with the Samsung gear lense mod to remove the fresnel lens ring glare

That headset allows me to wear my mr. Magoo glasses as I have not had luck getting vr lenses built with my script

As bad as I have abused this vive pro I would go new if $$$ permit

AH in VR is a great experience imo

That setup will push any vr you choose np in AH

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 10:55:29 AM »
Quick question..Does AH incorporate "Native VR Support "? Thnx
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2023, 02:59:49 PM »
Quick question..Does AH incorporate "Native VR Support "? Thnx

Yes, the Meta Quest 3 has just been announced and starts shipping in about a week. It's a standalone headset that can also tether to a PC (or even be used wireless). AH natively supports Meta (Oculus) headsets and other headsets via Steam.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2023, 02:53:32 AM »
Hello! I've been away from AH for some time (pc died)..I'm picking up a new pc next week (I7,4070ti,32g ram) and want to take the plunge into VR..Just wondering what u guys recommend for a VR headset?  New or used? Vibe or Oculus? Thnx for any input & see u all soon! ✈️
They hims is!!!!   GHI!!!!!!   Ears been burning?  You are mentioned 10- 12 times a month, in "Where that M@$ at"! On your Hurri-2's life..VR IS GAMECHANGER

You have been missed, Sir :rock
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 02:55:07 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2023, 07:07:45 PM »
I went with used Oculus Quest 2. Got two of them in Feb of this year. Both came with a carry case and the adjustable headset, both for 200 each. I’d recommend you try these out first as they are great and probably the cheaper option. Also, be aware people do get motion sickness. I did for the first time ever the first 5 mins I flew with it something terrible. I stuck with it and flew for short spans in a day and have never experienced it again.

Offline Clouso

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2023, 03:24:31 PM »
Just purchased meta quest 3, can anyone tell me how to get it connected  to the game. New to access high. Thanks
Thanks

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2023, 03:33:40 AM »
Also purchased Quest 3 and dont know how to connect it. any help appreciated.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2023, 08:33:53 AM »
Basic start up for my Quest 2 is...

Start headset
either lift headset or navigate to the "desktop" through the headset
Start Aces High (DX11 version)
When the window pops up asking you if you wish to use your headset click yes
your in.

Two things,

voice attack is a $10 program that works great and is very easy to setup. It allows you to run macros with your voice. I say "ID" and the the program runs the buttons in game to scroll through the icon modes pausing 2 seconds on "all" so I can see what the friendlies around me are flying then returning to "normal" so the friendlies are with their names again. Very versatile, and easy to setup.

Stick mappings. The mappings in game for regular game play and VR are separate so you have to do all your mapping over again. A shortcut is to go into the settings file and find your ".jsm" files. Copy all of them to the desktop and rename each with a VR_ in front or the original name. So "chpropedalsusb.jsm" changes to "VR_chpropedalsusb.jsm". Save them and return them to the settings folder. IN VR you'll have all your stick mappings transfered over when you restart the game.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2023, 04:53:45 PM »
Howdy Sirloin

Welcome back!

Since 2018 I have used the original vive pro with the Samsung gear lense mod to remove the fresnel lens ring glare

That headset allows me to wear my mr. Magoo glasses as I have not had luck getting vr lenses built with my script

As bad as I have abused this vive pro I would go new if $$$ permit

AH in VR is a great experience imo

That setup will push any vr you choose np in AH

Eagler
Hi Eagler, I am not trying to hijact the thread, just make a suggestion. I am guessing you have astigmatism. Talk to you eye doctor. There is a lense made by SynergEyes. Hard lense in the middle, with soft lense on the outside. Super comfortable and way better than glasses. Check it out. You will see a big improvement in visual acuity and it is multi focal.

Back to the the thread. I tried out the latest oculus at Best Buy. Really nice. I was tempted to buy them right there, but I want to try out the Valve and Vive first. So many features, resolution, field of view, easy to use or difficult etc.

:salute

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)