Author Topic: Risking the fleet  (Read 3020 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: Risking the fleet
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2023, 09:33:02 PM »
It's pretty laughable that you think any country in the Middle East (other than Israel and maybe not even them) has the capability to breach the defenses of an American carrier battle group.

Oh? Do tell, must be high level clearance to be this confident.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2023, 10:26:38 PM »

We've learned in the last couple of years that Russia is a paper tiger. We saw in '91 that the US was not. That was over 30 years ago though. We will likely be put to the test again soon.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2023, 07:45:31 AM »
Don't think we have the $$$ for one war that has zero to do with us let alone 3

Don't think we should be the worlds police nor monopoly money bank

Don't think it matters what the majority thinks these days...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2023, 08:01:56 AM »
Hope the US gets their weapons and arms factories restarted up to 100% production, otherwise we will have absolutely nothing left to defend ourselves if we keep "donating" everything to the other side of the planet
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2023, 02:16:02 PM »

Better yet, maybe you could explain which group in the eastern Mediterranean you think has the capability to penetrate the defenses of a US carrier battle group.

Israel might be able to considering they have nukes but they are our ally. HAMAS? Hezbollah? Egypt? Syria? Lebanon? None of them have the capability needed. Turkey? Maybe, but they are a NATO member and would face expulsion and an attack from the rest of NATO if they attacked a US fleet.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2023, 04:28:12 PM »
Never underestimate terrorists with money and the black market.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2023, 08:50:26 PM »
Never underestimate terrorists with money and the black market.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2023, 09:03:56 PM »
Better yet, maybe you could explain which group in the eastern Mediterranean you think has the capability to penetrate the defenses of a US carrier battle group.

Israel might be able to considering they have nukes but they are our ally. HAMAS? Hezbollah? Egypt? Syria? Lebanon? None of them have the capability needed. Turkey? Maybe, but they are a NATO member and would face expulsion and an attack from the rest of NATO if they attacked a US fleet.

You put forth the assertion, pretty much matter of fact. Not better yet coming from me, I’m not a modern day authority on US military capabilities. I read a lot, of which most are opinion as facts on the subject are hard to come by, for good reason. That’s why I laughed at the Paper Tiger comment re: Russia, best I can tell, they’re fighting a military trained by and infused with plush amounts of Western $. ~300 billion, maybe more in less than two years, all to be used now; meanwhile Russia spends less than ~100 billion/yr, has sustained significantly less casualties (invading!) and hasn’t ceded anything significant beyond “strategic” villages. We know very little as fact as this is major propaganda effort on both sides. Assessment is at best guessing, unless you’re privy to classified info 🤷‍♂️

Here’s an opinion that provides reason to be concerned about the initial topic:
https://twitter.com/ArmchairW/status/1715830800179245244

And a comment outlining how it could happen:
https://twitter.com/imetatronink/status/1715845191603786086

These “Armchair” accounts have more info than I do is all I truly know, aside from being opinion.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2023, 08:17:57 AM »
2nd that RotBaron

We don't know anything but what they want us to know and how they want us to know it

I don't expect the truth anymore really...at least not the 1st go round, maybe the 4th or 5th variant becomes more truthful...

Not sure how anyone can take anything at face value these days with corruption at all levels

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2023, 09:41:14 AM »
You put forth the assertion, pretty much matter of fact. Not better yet coming from me, I’m not a modern day authority on US military capabilities. I read a lot, of which most are opinion as facts on the subject are hard to come by, for good reason. That’s why I laughed at the Paper Tiger comment re: Russia, best I can tell, they’re fighting a military trained by and infused with plush amounts of Western $. ~300 billion, maybe more in less than two years, all to be used now; meanwhile Russia spends less than ~100 billion/yr, has sustained significantly less casualties (invading!) and hasn’t ceded anything significant beyond “strategic” villages. We know very little as fact as this is major propaganda effort on both sides. Assessment is at best guessing, unless you’re privy to classified info 🤷‍♂️

Here’s an opinion that provides reason to be concerned about the initial topic:
https://twitter.com/ArmchairW/status/1715830800179245244

And a comment outlining how it could happen:
https://twitter.com/imetatronink/status/1715845191603786086

These “Armchair” accounts have more info than I do is all I truly know, aside from being opinion.

Significantly less casualties? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

There is no way I can take you seriously after that comment.

AKIron was right, Russia is a paper tiger, their equipment is junk compared to Western equipment.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2023, 01:47:08 PM »
I'd be surprised if more than half of Russia's ICBMs could make it into the air.

We may get to find out.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2023, 09:58:14 AM »
Significantly less casualties? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

There is no way I can take you seriously after that comment.

AKIron was right, Russia is a paper tiger, their equipment is junk compared to Western equipment.

Do you have any evidence to suggest otherwise or just NAFOs reading/watching OSINT account posts as facts?

There’s a good reporter in forward areas with  🇷🇺 soldiers who regularly provides current footage and opinion on what she sees. She’s currently not updating with deaths in her family…

https://twitter.com/MaimunkaNews/status/1716421610654023991

Of course ^ she’s biased if you’re going to reply with that, who isn’t?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2023, 10:19:25 AM »
When violent destructive muderous looting and burning is reported as peaceful protests how can you continue to believe that news source about anything?

Eagler

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2023, 10:30:14 AM »
Complacency, and hubris, will bite you in the arnold every time.

It's not the giant you have to watch, but the little guy with a rock.

444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2023, 09:11:58 AM »
Regarding the risk to the fleet. Apart from the thousands of lives, a fleet incapable of defending itself in this middle east environment is pretty much useless.