Author Topic: help with ultimate sound pack  (Read 491 times)

Offline tigman

• Zinc Member
help with ultimate sound pack
« on: July 30, 2001, 12:01:00 PM »
i downloaded the ultimate sound pack. i created all the files for the planes and when i extract the files they dont go to the files in my htc sounds folder. any ideas?

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2001, 02:04:00 PM »
Huh? How can you create the files for each aircraft then expect the installer to create the files? More coherent detail would help, but it smells like you installed to the wrong directory.

When you fire up either installer you'll see a path box at the top that reads "Extract to: C:\Program Files\HTC\Aces High\sounds" and a button with three dots next to that. Hit the button to find the directory you installed AH into. If you did install it to the "C:\Program Files" directory then just hit Extract to install the pack. Now if you installed it to another directory you have to tell it where that is. On my system it's "D:\HTC\Aces High\sounds". Hit the button with "..." on it next to that path box and track down where you stuck AH. Highlight the sounds folder with one click and hit Ok, then Extract.

You could also go over the Read-Me again just to be safe.

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
Delta Six's Flight School
Put the P-61B in Aces High
"For yay did the sky darken, and split open and spew forth fire, and
through the smoke rode the Four Wurgers of the Apocalypse.
And on their canopies was tattooed the number of the Beast, and the
number was 190." Jedi, Verse Five, Capter Two, The Book of Dweeb

Offline pimpjoe

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2001, 02:52:00 PM »
what he means is the files you need to create to get individual plane sounds for each plane. because i have the same problem

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2001, 01:18:00 AM »
You don't need to make anything, the installer will create the folders and extract the files automatically. There's only two variables in the entire process:

1) You clicked on the file list window (middle of the screen) and only installed a single sound instead of the entire pack.
2) You stuck the sound pack in the wrong directory.

Anything else is liable to be an error with your system. A known virus (w32.hybris.gen) will cause sounds in AH to vanish, so you should run a virus check to be sure you don't have it. For all I know either your system doesn't like the installer, or it was a download error. Give it a try again after checking for any viruses, and if it still doesn't work gimme a yell.

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
Delta Six's Flight School
Put the P-61B in Aces High
"With all due respect Chaplian, I don't think God wants to hear from me right now.
I'm gonna go out there and remove one of His creations from this universe.
And when I get back I'm gonna drink a bottle of Scotch like it was Chiggy von
Richthofen's blood and celebrate his death."
Col. McQueen, Space: Above and Beyond